Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

CurbYourEnthusiasm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:25 pm

Kabuo wrote:
CurbYourEnthusiasm wrote:
efun wrote:Can anyone remind me generally what the topic of the last LG was after films?

That was the last one. Mods feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.

The order of the games even in the real sections changes between test forms. This was proven in October.

Really? I was unaware. Thanks for the info.

kulshan

Postby kulshan » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:27 pm

Last edited by kulshan on Wed Mar 02, 2011 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

lawnerd1

Postby lawnerd1 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:28 pm

akak179 wrote:Hope im not saying too much, mods feel free to edit (please dont ban) if this innaprorpriate...

Did anyone notice anything uncommon as far as the test went? Not saying any letters specifically but a whole lot of a certain letter in certain sections? or a few of the same letter in a row more than once?

Yes. I had RC LR RC LG LR, and I thought the answers were a little "weird" [MOD EDIT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.]

RC: Unesco, rent control, Malaria, and Language

LG: Snow plow, the restaurants (Valiq or something), Frank?, and ____
The third game really got me, but I also did it last. I feel like I had to guess on a few of the other games. I feel like the questions were a lot more hypothetical and difficult than normal.

LG is my strength and RC is my weakness in practice, but I feel like the opposite was true today. Also, I thought the last LR (25 questions) was way, way more difficult than the first (26 questions).

Pitcher

Postby Pitcher » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:29 pm

BarnabeSpooge wrote:
anamarie6658 wrote:Am I allowed to ask how everyone knows for sure that the snow plow was in the real game section?

Because some people only had one game section, and it contained snow plows. Therefore, it couldn't have been experimental.

"Liam! Stab somebody!" (proceed to throw milk onto knife wound)

If your referring to the infection, I would have to agree with you. I spent a solid minute eliminating the other choices.

Tainted_Praise

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:38 pm

June2011 wrote:
apom wrote:4th passage was econ rent control passage?

It thought it was about Environmental Econ and exports?

UNESCO was the Comparitive passage about sunken ships?

exactly. where is the rent coming from?

SLS_AMG

Postby SLS_AMG » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:39 pm

lawnerd1 wrote:
akak179 wrote:Hope im not saying too much, mods feel free to edit (please dont ban) if this innaprorpriate...

Did anyone notice anything uncommon as far as the test went? Not saying any letters specifically but a whole lot of a certain letter in certain sections? or a few of the same letter in a row more than once?

Yes. I had RC LR RC LG LR, and I thought the answers were a little "weird" [MOD EDIT. YOU'VE BEEN WARNED.]

RC: Unesco, rent control, Malaria, and Language

LG: Snow plow, the restaurants (Valiq or something), Frank?, and ____
The third game really got me, but I also did it last. I feel like I had to guess on a few of the other games. I feel like the questions were a lot more hypothetical and difficult than normal.

LG is my strength and RC is my weakness in practice, but I feel like the opposite was true today. Also, I thought the last LR (25 questions) was way, way more difficult than the first (26 questions).

I don't remember an RC about rent control, and I didn't have an experimental RC...

Anyway, I'm thinking the curve will most likely be a -12. There wasn't any one section that was extremely difficult, but overall I think it was too difficult to be a -9 or -10 like some people are predicting. -14 seems too generous, but I'd gladly take it.

efun

Postby efun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:40 pm

Kabuo wrote:
efun wrote:Can anyone remind me generally what the topic of the last LG was after films?

That was the last one. Mods feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.

The order of the games even in the real sections changes between test forms. This was proven in October.

Really? I was unaware. Thanks for the info.

That's what I was thinking: so there were snow plows, films, restaurants, and what??

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:41 pm

No rent control for me either, and I only had one RC section.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:41 pm

efun wrote:
That's what I was thinking: so there were snow plows, films, restaurants, and what??

Fred and Gloria and the places they traveled. (I think.)

CurbYourEnthusiasm

Postby CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:43 pm

That's what I was thinking: so there were snow plows, films, restaurants, and what??[/quote]

[MOD EDIT: TOO SPECIFIC.]

acadec

Postby acadec » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:46 pm

I felt pretty good, despite running out of time and guessing on the last two LG (never happened before; can't remember the last time I missed an LG question on a PT). I guess we'll see!

JazzOne

Postby JazzOne » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:47 pm

acadec wrote:I felt pretty good, despite running out of time and guessing on the last two LG (never happened before; can't remember the last time I missed an LG question on a PT). I guess we'll see!

The worst thing is that you all will never know how you did on LG.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:48 pm

do yourselves a favor. once you log off tls tonight, try not to think about the test for a very long time. make up your mind about keeping or tossing the score, and move on.

apom

Postby apom » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:49 pm

ok maybe the rent control passage was exp. it's all a blur now. The other one was the envio/economy one

w.ftw

Postby w.ftw » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:51 pm

sorry to keep beating a dead horse but maybe someone can help me.

im trying to figure out which was my experimental, i had lr, rc, lr, lr, lg, I have been unable to sort though all of the posts with any meaningful information, but from what I read, the 3rd section seems to be experimental? how many different forms can there be with this same set up?

any info will be very helpful

efun

Postby efun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:55 pm

northwood wrote:do yourselves a favor. once you log off tls tonight, try not to think about the test for a very long time. make up your mind about keeping or tossing the score, and move on.

You speaking from personal experience?

wolfpack37

Postby wolfpack37 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:56 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:That kicked my ass.

I ran out of time on both RC and LG (which is normally my strongest section) and ended up guessing on like 8 questions. On the other hand, I finished both LR sections with time to spare (and my experimental LR was so easy that I think I finished after like 28 minutes).

Looks like I'll be retaking in June.

yes, i ran out of time on LG also and I'm usually pretty good at it .. everyone keeps saying it was easy, i thought dec 2010 was easy when i did it as a pt :( and ya, i had experimental lr, i went to the bathroom at the beginning of the section (i guess it was kinda lucky that i accidentally chose the experimental section for my restroom break), and came back and still finished with >5 min to spare.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:57 pm

I did a bathroom run as well. Pretty sure I picked the right time.

vissidarte27

Postby vissidarte27 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:01 pm

wolfpack37 wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:That kicked my ass.

I ran out of time on both RC and LG (which is normally my strongest section) and ended up guessing on like 8 questions. On the other hand, I finished both LR sections with time to spare (and my experimental LR was so easy that I think I finished after like 28 minutes).

Looks like I'll be retaking in June.

yes, i ran out of time on LG also and I'm usually pretty good at it .. everyone keeps saying it was easy, i thought dec 2010 was easy when i did it as a pt :( and ya, i had experimental lr, i went to the bathroom at the beginning of the section (i guess it was kinda lucky that i accidentally chose the experimental section for my restroom break), and came back and still finished with >5 min to spare.

The LG was pretty disheartening for me, since it's supposed to be my strong point. I think I freaked out a little towards the end, too, when I realized that I had no time left and couldn't focus. My brain was more "OMG YOU'RE RUNNING OUT OF TIME" than it was actually thinking about the games.

I think the order didn't help me, either. I seem to do best when I have LG towards the beginning and RC towards the end, and I had just the opposite today: LR RC LR LR LG.

LSATscoreReleseYoslf

Postby LSATscoreReleseYoslf » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:02 pm

Can anyone say definitively how many questions were in the real RC? Was it 26 or 27?

efun

Postby efun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:03 pm

NewIvy

Postby NewIvy » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:04 pm

f'ing UNESCO.

I had RC, LR, RC, LG, LR.

I did better on the first RC and it wasn't the real one. RC definitely kills me more than any other section. That's some BS right there having my first section be the experimental RC. Oh well, still think I did fine.

LG was definitely a bit tougher than average I think, but I nailed it. First LR (25) seemed a bit on the tough side. RC was just kinda screwy... as I said, f'ing UNESCO. Second LR (25) seemed standard to a little easier than average.

Overall, I think this was towards the harder side. And that said, I had only 10-12 total that I was mulling over very much.
Last edited by NewIvy on Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:08 pm

lol wow I can't even read these posts, I hate the LSAT but secretly miss it.

fdr123

Postby fdr123 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

MOD EDIT: GTFO.

lolol10

Postby lolol10 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 6:09 pm

mannnn all we can do is wait...dont beat yourself up about it guys. you worked hard and did the best you could do. i suggest picking up some brews and pregame that hot date.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”