Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

oakinwind
Posts: 19
Joined: Sat Oct 09, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby oakinwind » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

I had LR RC LG LG LG.

I feel the first LR (26) is way more difficult than second one, and the RC is hard (maybe because i was nervous in the beginning)... Both LG is about OK though

June2011
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby June2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:Okay so far for RC real passages we have: Malaria, Language, UNESCO, and _____? Anyone know the last one?

Real Games: Snow Plow, The two people planning trips, [MOD EDIT]

Logic Reasoning: The one with the employees was real, and the one with children/tv was real.

I think that's the most I can say without getting banned. I'm still stumped on what the last RC was though. Anyone remember?


Criminal/Civil Punishment

please tell me that was real

Tainted_Praise
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:02 pm

June2011 wrote:I just took the Test, as you can see by my Username It didn't go well

RC (I completley Bombed) LR (Guessed 5 because of the Previous RC) RC (Gave me some Hope) LG (3rd Game messed me Up wasted too much time) LR

So RC LR RC LG LR

I read the rules and don't want to out trick the mods but I need some Hope that the 1st RC was experiential


I'm positive your first RC was experimental. Unfortunately for me. :/ I posted the topics I remembered from the real RC.

User avatar
chup
Posts: 23645
Joined: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:48 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby chup » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:03 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:Okay so far for RC real passages we have: Malaria, Language, UNESCO, and _____? Anyone know the last one?

Real Games: Snow Plow, The two people planning trips, [MOD EDIT]

Logic Reasoning: The one with the employees was real, and the one with children/tv was real.

I think that's the most I can say without getting banned. I'm still stumped on what the last RC was though. Anyone remember?

THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE LAST TIME WE WILL SAY THIS WITHOUT STRAIGHT UP BANNING PEOPLE:

Do not discuss specifics of the LG. That includes the types of games that were in the LG section.

Tainted_Praise
Posts: 196
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 3:20 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Tainted_Praise » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:04 pm

June2011 wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:Okay so far for RC real passages we have: Malaria, Language, UNESCO, and _____? Anyone know the last one?

Real Games: Snow Plow, The two people planning trips, [MOD EDIT]

Logic Reasoning: The one with the employees was real, and the one with children/tv was real.

I think that's the most I can say without getting banned. I'm still stumped on what the last RC was though. Anyone remember?


Criminal/Civil Punishment

please tell me that was real


....I don't think so... I don't remember that at all.. We must have had two different RC experimentals...

User avatar
BLDGbloc
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby BLDGbloc » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:05 pm

Lasker wrote:ugh ugh ugh . . . I knew that first Lg was too good to be true! I really should have practiced LG more. At least it was easier than Decembers. Although I wish other people didn't all agree about that so I could feel better about the curve.


Me too, dude! To make things worse, my proctor didn't call the 5-minute warning on the section before so I started off all flustered. This was my first time taking the test and LG are my weakness anyway. Totally bombed it. FML.

apom
Posts: 19
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:22 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby apom » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:06 pm

4th passage was econ rent control passage?

User avatar
$1.99
Posts: 684
Joined: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby $1.99 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:07 pm

what do we think the curve is?

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:09 pm

$1.99 wrote:what do we think the curve is?


That's what sucks about Feb. We will never know. But I'll say -10 anyway.

Lasker
Posts: 42
Joined: Sat Nov 20, 2010 10:17 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Lasker » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:10 pm

$1.99 wrote:what do we think the curve is?


See, for me the whole fun in that would be when you find out who is right. But we will never find out. Therefore, it is no fun.

But because I am irrational, I'm going to say -10

June2011
Posts: 5
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 4:53 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby June2011 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:10 pm

apom wrote:4th passage was econ rent control passage?


It thought it was about Environmental Econ and exports?

UNESCO was the Comparitive passage about sunken ships?
Last edited by June2011 on Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Pitcher
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Pitcher » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Tainted_Praise wrote:
June2011 wrote:
Tainted_Praise wrote:Okay so far for RC real passages we have: Malaria, Language, UNESCO, and _____? Anyone know the last one?

Real Games: Snow Plow, The two people planning trips, [MOD EDIT]

Logic Reasoning: The one with the employees was real, and the one with children/tv was real.

I think that's the most I can say without getting banned. I'm still stumped on what the last RC was though. Anyone remember?


Criminal/Civil Punishment

please tell me that was real


....I don't think so... I don't remember that at all.. We must have had two different RC experimentals...


No criminal/civil punishment in LG, LR, RC, LG, LR.

akak179
Posts: 48
Joined: Mon May 31, 2010 6:56 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby akak179 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:11 pm

Hope im not saying too much, mods feel free to edit (please dont ban) if this innaprorpriate...

Did anyone notice anything uncommon as far as the test went? Not saying any letters specifically but a whole lot of a certain letter in certain sections? or a few of the same letter in a row more than once?

efun
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Jan 06, 2011 6:18 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby efun » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:12 pm

Can anyone remind me generally what the topic of the last LG was after films?

w.ftw
Posts: 47
Joined: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby w.ftw » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Logic Reasoning: The one with the employees was real, and the one with children/tv was real.

I don't even recall those questions, damn.

User avatar
Pitcher
Posts: 31
Joined: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:44 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Pitcher » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:14 pm

akak179 wrote:Hope im not saying too much, mods feel free to edit (please dont ban) if this innaprorpriate...

Did anyone notice anything uncommon as far as the test went? Not saying any letters specifically but a whole lot of a certain letter in certain sections? or a few of the same letter in a row more than once?


Si, I hope!!!

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Praise the Lord!

User avatar
CurbYourEnthusiasm
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:15 pm

Lasker wrote:
$1.99 wrote:what do we think the curve is?


See, for me the whole fun in that would be when you find out who is right. But we will never find out. Therefore, it is no fun.

But because I am irrational, I'm going to say -10


Hoping you're wrong, but then again we will never know. I think -10 might be too steep. If you go by the last 4 LSAT tests the curves have been pretty lenient. -14, -12, -12, -14, respectively. So I'm hoping its in that range. Hopefully Februarys test stays consistent with this range.

anamarie6658
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby anamarie6658 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:16 pm

Am I allowed to ask how everyone knows for sure that the snow plow was in the real game section?

User avatar
BarnabeSpooge
Posts: 73
Joined: Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:19 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby BarnabeSpooge » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:17 pm

anamarie6658 wrote:Am I allowed to ask how everyone knows for sure that the snow plow was in the real game section?

Because some people only had one game section, and it contained snow plows. Therefore, it couldn't have been experimental.

User avatar
CurbYourEnthusiasm
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:18 pm

efun wrote:Can anyone remind me generally what the topic of the last LG was after films?


That was the last one. Mods feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.

Prime12
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Jun 04, 2008 1:59 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Prime12 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:19 pm

I honestly don't see this test getting any more than a -12 curve. PT62 was a -14 but also had harder games. And if I remember correctly, the other -14 test - PT59 - had harder RC. I don't think any section on today's test was noticably harder than the avg.

User avatar
CurbYourEnthusiasm
Posts: 58
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:49 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby CurbYourEnthusiasm » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:20 pm

BarnabeSpooge wrote:
anamarie6658 wrote:Am I allowed to ask how everyone knows for sure that the snow plow was in the real game section?

Because some people only had one game section, and it contained snow plows. Therefore, it couldn't have been experimental.


"Liam! Stab somebody!" (proceed to throw milk onto knife wound)

User avatar
Kabuo
Posts: 1114
Joined: Tue Aug 31, 2010 8:53 am

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby Kabuo » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:21 pm

CurbYourEnthusiasm wrote:
efun wrote:Can anyone remind me generally what the topic of the last LG was after films?


That was the last one. Mods feel free to delete if this is inappropriate.


The order of the games even in the real sections changes between test forms. This was proven in October.

anamarie6658
Posts: 4
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:13 pm

Re: Feb 2011 LSAT afterparty thread

Postby anamarie6658 » Sat Feb 12, 2011 5:22 pm

BarnabeSpooge wrote:
anamarie6658 wrote:Am I allowed to ask how everyone knows for sure that the snow plow was in the real game section?

Because some people only had one game section, and it contained snow plows. Therefore, it couldn't have been experimental.


Thank you (: Congrats to everyone for making it through!




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 9 guests