Preparation before taking LSAT on Saturday

clifflee

Preparation before taking LSAT on Saturday

Postby clifflee » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:33 pm

Hey everyone, just wondering what you guys recommend that I do to prepare myself best before I take the test on Saturday. I'm not talking about how to study and trying to improve my score with a week left, but rather how do you recommend spacing my PTs throughout my final week as to avoid being burned out on test day. I think that I have 2 or 3 practice tests left and I have the test on Saturday morning. Thanks for the advice!

thecynic69

Re: Preparation before taking LSAT on Saturday

Postby thecynic69 » Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:48 pm

Burn them...all three of them. If you have only three PTs left, you are about as prepared as you can be; in any case, I don't expect you will learn much from taking the tests (or forget much by going a couple days without studying). However, if you randomly bomb one of those PTs, you'll lose a great deal of confidence. In short, there is not much to gain, and a reasonable amount to lose (taking the lsat without confidence is dangerous). Grab a bottle of scotch, a cigar if you are so inclined, and think happy thoughts. G'luck on Saturday.

P.S.
If you feel you absolutely must take a PT sometime this week, make it one that you have already done...one of the really easy ones...that you remember well [and for the love of god, don't bomb it].

KibblesAndVick

Postby KibblesAndVick » Tue Feb 08, 2011 10:00 pm

If you already have a regular study schedule just stick to that. The routine will give you a sense of normalcy and help you avoid stress.

If you have been taking/reviewing practice tests more haphazardly I would do something like this: take a full practice test on Wednesday. Review what you did right and wrong on Thursday. Don't do anything that requires you to think on Friday.

Either way, on Saturday morning do one logic game, one passage from RC, and about 5 LR questions to get your brain in the mood. Try to avoid worrying about the test this week as that would be counter productive.

EarlCat

Postby EarlCat » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:18 pm

Take Friday off. Stay in your pajamas, eat ice cream, and watch cartoons.

jdl239

Postby jdl239 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:54 pm

I took my first LSAT in Dec and never reviewed the questions when I got my score back, just how many I missed in each section. I have taken about 10 PTs since then, so I doubt I remember any questions. I plan on using the Dec test as a PT this afternoon.

Can I get a good gauge on my improvement since Dec or is it a bad idea?

kruiz88

Postby kruiz88 » Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:57 pm

Buy a magazine, whatever you like to read. On saturday read it untill your brain feels awake. Just don't let the LSAT be the first thing you read. If you are going to do a logic games, RC, or LR ques don't grade them. Just relax.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”