October 2011 Study Log: 180 or Bust! Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
d34d9823

Gold

Re: June 2011 Study Log

Post by d34d9823 » Sat May 21, 2011 10:22 pm

Siiiiiiiiiiiiigh. OK admittedly I have not yet read any of the RC guide, so IDK why I expected to do better, but this is still really soul-crushing ):
Lol, a 174 is pretty damn hard to get. You should be in great shape once you figure out RC.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Sun May 22, 2011 1:37 am

You're going score a perfect 180.

Then we're going to booze.

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Sun May 22, 2011 1:50 am

crumpetsandtea wrote: LR1 =
20:10 left on the clock when I finished the first 14 (~10 minutes for 1-14),
7:15 left when I finished the rest (~13 minutes for the remaining 11, which i did from 25-15).

LR 2 =
19:16 left on the clock after the first 14 (~11 minutes for 1-14),
almost exactly 7 left for the rest (~12 min for the remaining 11, which i did from 25-15)
:shock: I'll never understand how you manage these ridiculous times. I know I could shave off a few minutes by reading faster and not doing that ridiculous blank reading where I "read" but don't understand anything, but even then I don't think I could finish a section in 28 minutes.

Congrats on the 174, which is still a great score. You can shore up some RC weaknesses with the guide the next few weeks and you'll score 175+ in June.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun May 22, 2011 2:10 am

d34dluk3 wrote:Lol, a 174 is pretty damn hard to get. You should be in great shape once you figure out RC.
Hahaha, thanks for the support luke <3 I def am very happy with being over 170, don't want to make it seem like I'm not...it's just sad to see myself consistently shut out of the upper 170s because of the same damn section, without fail. That's what I meant by 'soulcrushing.' I'd be ecstatic if I got a 174 on the actual test :mrgreen:
naterj wrote:Then we're going to booze.
^_^ CHAT POWER HOUUUURRRRRR!! WHOOOO. God I can't wait till this is over.
soj wrote: :shock: I'll never understand how you manage these ridiculous times. I know I could shave off a few minutes by reading faster and not doing that ridiculous blank reading where I "read" but don't understand anything, but even then I don't think I could finish a section in 28 minutes.
Oooh I do that blank not-reading-but-technically-reading thing too. ><!! And yeah, IDK why but I've always been super fast with LR, even when I was making like 4 or 5 mistakes a section. I thought it'd be less noticeable now that I'm only doing 30 minute sections, but it seems like I've just adjusted...I used to have 7 or 8 minutes left while doing 35 min sections, now I...still have 7 or 8 minutes left doing 30 minute sections. e_e wtf? IDEK.

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Sun May 22, 2011 2:16 am

I do the same thing with my times. I would always finish well ahead of time in LG no matter how my timer was set.

Sometimes, it just happens.

Check you RC often :x

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Sun May 22, 2011 2:31 am

incompetentia wrote:I do the same thing with my times. I would always finish well ahead of time in LG no matter how my timer was set.

Sometimes, it just happens.

Check you RC often :x
Yeah hahah, I'm glad I've been able to sustain it while increasing accuracy.

;_; I NO HAZ TIME. I took all 35 min today for my RC, had no time to go back and double check. if only I could take the 12 minutes I have left at the end of LR and siphon about 5-8 of those minutes to RC...): ):

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Mon May 23, 2011 8:56 pm

Halfway through RC guide.

I have 57-62 left to do of the newer tests...I'm thinking of lumping them together and doing 4 PTs of 6 sections each. That way it will help with stamina. I'd do one on Wed, one over the weekend. Thoughts: good idea? Bad idea? Terrible? Awesome? SDLFKJWEKFW I AM SO NERVOUS.

d34d9823

Gold

Post by d34d9823 » Mon May 23, 2011 11:03 pm

crumpetsandtea wrote:Halfway through RC guide.

I have 57-62 left to do of the newer tests...I'm thinking of lumping them together and doing 4 PTs of 6 sections each. That way it will help with stamina. I'd do one on Wed, one over the weekend. Thoughts: good idea? Bad idea? Terrible? Awesome? SDLFKJWEKFW I AM SO NERVOUS.
Sounds good to me. I would give yourself at least two days before the test where you just review and don't PT, as well.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue May 24, 2011 1:18 am

CRUMPS YOU'RE GONNA GET A FUCKING 180

YOUR JETS, COOL THEM

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue May 24, 2011 1:32 am

Nightrunner wrote:
fatduck wrote:CRUMPS YOU'RE GONNA GET A FUCKING 180

YOUR JETS, COOL THEM
Word. Every dark tunnel has a light of hope, Crumps.

I <3 you both. :mrgreen: Thanks for all the support, seriously.

Curry

Post by Curry » Tue May 24, 2011 1:40 am

Something comforting.

fatduck

Gold

Post by fatduck » Tue May 24, 2011 1:46 am

Nightrunner wrote:You know, I think I could play this "randomly insert a line from Bust A Move" game for the next year, and I probably wouldn't find one more successful than this one.
it's really a testament to the mind-blowing genius of the song

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Tue May 24, 2011 2:12 am

Curry wrote:Something comforting.
Fail. :lol:
Nightrunner wrote:You know, I think I could play this "randomly insert a line from Bust A Move" game for the next year, and I probably wouldn't find one more successful than this one.
Holy shit I didn't even realize it was a quote from the song. XD!!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed May 25, 2011 4:27 am

Crumps I scored a 169 on PT 62 and I'm freaking out. It's like my worst score since studying for October and the curve was more than generous. WHAT THE FUCK I'M FREAKING OUT. HALP.

Curry

Post by Curry » Wed May 25, 2011 4:32 am

naterj wrote:Crumps I scored a 169 on PT 62 and I'm freaking out. It's like my worst score since studying for October and the curve was more than generous. WHAT THE FUCK I'M FREAKING OUT. HALP.
Nate. PT 62 was one of the hardest PT's around. The games were way tougher than normal and the LR/RC were of average difficulty. Don't let that test screw with you.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed May 25, 2011 4:34 am

naterj wrote:Crumps I scored a 169 on PT 62 and I'm freaking out. It's like my worst score since studying for October and the curve was more than generous. WHAT THE FUCK I'M FREAKING OUT. HALP.
*HUG* It's ok don't worry!!!! I think everyone experiences dips in their scores right before the test, probably something to do with nerves. Don't let it get to you!! You've got this test down. You know you do. You will ace it in 2 weeks :mrgreen:

I know you aren't the type to do this easily, but seriously just forget about the score for a little bit...things will be okay. Especially if it's an outlier. Take a day off, relax, chill. We will be okay.

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed May 25, 2011 4:41 am

Curry wrote:
Nate. PT 62 was one of the hardest PT's around. The games were way tougher than normal and the LR/RC were of average difficulty. Don't let that test screw with you.
Yeah it was brutal. I think I'm just freaking out because it's the most recent prep test and I've taken all of the other tests at least once. It was the only PT that I haven't taken before so I feel like I've been artificially inflating my score by retaking the most recent tests, even though it has been months since I took them the first time and I never really felt like I was remembering the answers. I'm hoping the drop was just due to the conditions of the library yesterday, first there was a guy on his cell phone, then tutors were giving lessons, it wasn't until a group of kindergarteners were filing through in a tour that I decided to go home and take the last two sections. I don't know, it's just discouraging that I couldn't get an accurate read on the one and only test I have left that I haven't seen. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Curry

Post by Curry » Wed May 25, 2011 4:44 am

naterj wrote:
Curry wrote:
Yeah it was brutal. I think I'm just freaking out because it's the most recent prep test and I've taken all of the other tests at least once. It was the only PT that I haven't taken before so I feel like I've been artificially inflating my score by retaking the most recent tests, even though it has been months since I took them the first time and I never really felt like I was remembering the answers. I'm hoping the drop was just due to the conditions of the library yesterday, first there was a guy on his cell phone, then tutors were giving lessons, it wasn't until a group of kindergarteners were filing through in a tour that I decided to go home and take the last two sections. I don't know, it's just discouraging that I couldn't get an accurate read on the one and only test I have left that I haven't seen. FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU.
Honestly, all those distractions withstanding, I think its the worst test to gauge where you stand to begin with. You want a moderately difficult test to tell you where you are, not an insanely difficult one. You're gonna be fine. Just breathe and get the fuck to bed. Its 4 am!

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Wed May 25, 2011 4:49 am

Yeah this is stupid I sound like a girl. I'm taking 61 tomorrow- I will report back.

Curry

Post by Curry » Wed May 25, 2011 4:52 am

naterj wrote:Yeah this is stupid I sound like a girl. I'm taking 61 tomorrow- I will report back.
You'll be fine bro. Good luck on 61.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed May 25, 2011 4:55 am

naterj wrote:Yeah this is stupid I sound like a girl. I'm taking 61 tomorrow- I will report back.
I, personally, am offended. :P Have a good night's rest though, let us know how 61 goes.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Curry

Post by Curry » Wed May 25, 2011 4:59 am

crumpetsandtea wrote:
I, personally, am offended. :P Have a good night's rest though, let us know how 61 goes.
Why? I've seen you in person. I thought girls have boobs.

crumpetsandtea

Platinum

Post by crumpetsandtea » Wed May 25, 2011 5:01 am

Curry wrote:
crumpetsandtea wrote:
Why? I've seen you in person. I thought girls have boobs.
:evil: </3 My boobs aren't that small, asshole...):

incompetentia

Gold

Post by incompetentia » Wed May 25, 2011 2:47 pm

61 is an easy one

Curry

Post by Curry » Wed May 25, 2011 2:48 pm

incompetentia wrote:61 is an easy one
Yes.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?