Anybody taking/has taken the LSAT at NYU?

DogCook

Anybody taking/has taken the LSAT at NYU?

Postby DogCook » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 pm

I looked up reviews and the June 2009 ones were horrible (long wait, tiny desks, large auditorium), while Sept/Oct 2008 ones were great (shorter wait, bigger desks). Obviously they were in different rooms. I've studied at Furman as an undergrad before but only in the smaller group study rooms and I have no idea what any bigger classrooms or auditoriums are like. Also, the address on the ticket changed from 40 Wash Sq S to Furman, so that makes me think that the test center will be different from the June '09 location.

I'll be in the area tomorrow and will probably wander aimlessly around the building, but it doesn't make sense to call NYU Law about it since it's administered by LSAC, nor does it make sense to call LSAC since they probably don't know individual test sites. Any suggestions for the best way to get that info?

Thanks in advance

Lwoods

Re: Anybody taking/has taken the LSAT at NYU?

Postby Lwoods » Mon Feb 07, 2011 8:56 pm

I did twice; February 2006 and February 2010. It was the same both times, so I'm a little thrown by the mixed reviews...

Anyway, both times I was able to walk right into the building, though we had to wait in the lounge area.
We were then divided into rooms based on our last initials. I was in a classroom with those wide desks in a row (not individual desks). They seated us every other seat, so there was plenty of room.

Furman is a different building, though, and while I saw the classrooms there when I toured, I can't remember what they looked like. I don't recall any NYU Law classrooms with individual desks, though, so you should have space. Honestly that's the only thing that I care about.

Also, upside to testing at NYU in February: they never close. :) I felt so bad for my friends last year who had to wait an extra handful of weeks.

DogCook

Re: Anybody taking/has taken the LSAT at NYU?

Postby DogCook » Mon Feb 07, 2011 9:03 pm

Great, thanks! They probably have to accommodate a lot more people in June, which could explain the different room situation.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”