am i a douche?

idfatq

am i a douche?

Postby idfatq » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:45 pm

deep deep down inside, i feel smarter than those who have an LSAT score lower than mine. to be fair, i admit to myself that those who have an LSAT score higher than mine are smarter than me.

the thing is, i don't feel less smart than those who have a higher GPA than mine. nor do i feel smarter than those who have a lower GPA than mine.

at least i'm consistent? anyone else do this in their heads? at least i can admit it anonymously on an internet message board (yes, sarcasm). cheers
Last edited by idfatq on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

d34d9823

Re: am i a douche?

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 10:47 pm

idfatq wrote:deep deep down inside, i feel smarter than those who have an LSAT score lower than mine. to be fair, i admit to myself that those who have an LSAT score higher than mine are probably smarter than me.

the thing is, i don't feel less smart than those who have a higher GPA than mine. nor do i feel smarter than those who have a lower GPA than mine.

at least i'm consistent? anyone else do this in their heads? at least i can admit it anonymously on an internet message board (yes, sarcasm). cheers

It makes sense. Just realize that the LSAT tests a very limited subset of "intelligence", whatever that is, and that the statistical variation in scores is pretty significant.

But yeah, if you said that IRL, it would be pretty douchey.

delusional

Postby delusional » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:18 pm

idfatq wrote:deep deep down inside, i feel smarter than those who have an LSAT score lower than mine. to be fair, i admit to myself that those who have an LSAT score higher than mine are probably smarter than me.

I refuse to admit whether I agree with you. Suffice it to say that there is definitely a correlation between LSAT score and the view of what it correlates to.

d34d9823

Postby d34d9823 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:19 pm

delusional wrote:I refuse to admit whether I agree with you. Suffice it to say that there is definitely a correlation between LSAT score and the view of what it correlates to.

Now this is a correlation we can all agree on :P

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:22 pm

Yes.

oshberg28

Postby oshberg28 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:26 pm

There is some correlation, but the LSAT doesn't test for common sense. I think one's GPA is more a reflection of determination and hard work.

NU_Jet55

Postby NU_Jet55 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:29 pm

NZA wrote:Yes.

Adjudicator

Postby Adjudicator » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:31 pm

You're not a douche for thinking this privately, but you may be a douche by virtue of posting it on a public forum and then asking "Am I a douche?"

StanDarsh

Postby StanDarsh » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:37 pm

No, you're not consistent. Consistency would require you to remove the word "probably", and admit outright that you feel less intelligent than someone who scores higher than you.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:46 pm

if you thought this and did not post- then no. if you thought this, then asked if it was- then your answer is yes

InLikeFlint

Postby InLikeFlint » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:49 pm

About 90% of the posters on this board would be considered a douche by the average person. It's all relative, but at least you're in good company.

mcdonrb

Postby mcdonrb » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:54 pm

I think anyone who feels that they need to ask if they're a douche is a douche. Likewise, anyone who ever asks themselves "am I a douche?" is a douche. I realize that this makes me a douche. Therefore, as an expert on douchiness, I feel qualified to say: you are a douche. But so are most of us.

In a related story, I once tried to book a hotel in France, and was asked if I wanted a room "with or without douche." Needless to say, I was quite perplexed until I realized that "douche" is french for "shower." This was not something my one semester of college French prepared me for.

NZA

Postby NZA » Thu Feb 03, 2011 11:55 pm

mcdonrb wrote:I think anyone who feels that they need to ask if they're a douche is a douche. Likewise, anyone who ever asks themselves "am I a douche?" is a douche. I realize that this makes me a douche. Therefore, as an expert on douchiness, I feel qualified to say: you are a douche. But so are most of us.

In a related story, I once tried to book a hotel in France, and was asked if I wanted a room "with or without douche." Needless to say, I was quite perplexed until I realized that "douche" is french for "shower." This was not something my one semester of college French prepared me for.

Le grande douche!

mcdonrb

Postby mcdonrb » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:00 am

NZA wrote:
Le grande douche!

Wouldn't it be La grande douche? Seriously, I dunno. I would think douche was feminine, but French guys are pretty out there, too...

Plan2008

Postby Plan2008 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:07 am

InLikeFlint wrote:

About 90% of the posters on this board would be considered a douche by the average person. It's all relative, but at least you're in good company.

edit: thought better of it.

karate1243

Postby karate1243 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:10 am

Plan2008 wrote:
InLikeFlint wrote:

edit: thought better of it.

you're a douche

BEAST_mode

Postby BEAST_mode » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:11 am

idfatq wrote:deep deep down inside,

you already know you're a douche.

notanumber

Postby notanumber » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:12 am

oshberg28 wrote:There is some correlation, but the LSAT doesn't test for common sense. I think one's GPA is more a reflection of determination and hard work sycophantic tendencies.

FTFY.

Also: editbtl
Last edited by notanumber on Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

idfatq

Postby idfatq » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:14 am

StanDarsh wrote:

No, you're not consistent. Consistency would require you to remove the word "probably", and admit outright that you feel less intelligent than someone who scores higher than you.

very true. fixed.

luckyme

Postby luckyme » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:15 am

idfatq

Postby idfatq » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:16 am

BEAST_mode wrote:
idfatq wrote:deep deep down inside,

you already know you're a douche.

on second thought, yeah, you're right. I guess I just wanted to know if there were other douches like me. I should rename the thread: Are there other douches like me?

looking at the replies so far, looks like I wasn't alone.

idfatq

Postby idfatq » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:18 am

notanumber wrote:
oshberg28 wrote:There is some correlation, but the LSAT doesn't test for common sense. I think one's GPA is more a reflection of determination and hard work sycophantic tendencies.

FTFY.

I don't know about determination and hard work or sycophantic tendencies... I think I just think that way because we don't go to the same schools, take the same courses with the same professors who use the same grading scale. If I knew someone who took the same courses as I did at the same school and had a lower GPA, I'd think I was smarter than him. If it was someone with a higher GPA, I'd think he/she was smarter than me.

idfatq

Postby idfatq » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:20 am

luckyme wrote:Image

Hm, do you really think this topic deserves a lock? I didn't belittle anyone specifically. It'd be one thing if I said "Har har everyone with sub 160s are dumb"... I'm just asking if my line of thinking is unique or not. I didn't intend on offending anyone.

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:21 am

you didnt... but someone will offend someone in this thread before long

northwood

Postby northwood » Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:22 am

but it will get moved to the lounge ( it doesnt have anything to do with lsat prep)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”