big seattle area test centers

sphmao

big seattle area test centers

Postby sphmao » Tue Feb 01, 2011 7:48 pm

which test center is better in the big seattle area?
it seems shoreline CC is a new test spot. I called the test center. They said the test room for Feb. was a lecture room holding 70 seats. any review about shoreline or other centers?

jepoy

Re: big seattle area test centers

Postby jepoy » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:00 am

I took the LSAT at Seattle U. The room I was in had long tables with plenty of space to spread out. The only detriment was that there was a rally in front of the law school and I was in the classroom closest to it. Not a test center thing, but the woman next to me violently drew circles in her test book and didn't come back after the break. :roll:

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:43 pm

SeattleU was garbage for the december test. 200 people crammed into one ballroom with windows wide open next to busy streets with police sirens blaring every 10 minutes.

But they usually get good reviews so maybe that time was an outlier.

geoduck

Postby geoduck » Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 pm

fosterp wrote:SeattleU was garbage for the december test. 200 people crammed into one ballroom with windows wide open next to busy streets with police sirens blaring every 10 minutes.

But they usually get good reviews so maybe that time was an outlier.

This isn't really a problem if you live in city... I don't think distant police sirens even register in my brain anymore. Then again, I don't remember the windows being open when it was that cold outside and that rainy.

I was at the SU December test and liked it just fine except for how ridiculously long all of the administrative tasks took to complete. The long table set-up was much nicer than being stuck in one of those cramped all-in-one desks for 6 hours.

clarsen

Postby clarsen » Thu Feb 03, 2011 3:21 pm

I took the October 2010 test at SU, and it was an OK experience. I knew there would be a lot of people, but I was a little irritated by the time it took for check-in. I got there over an hour early with hopes to spend some time looking over a game, but found myself too busy waiting in line and figuring out when to go into the room so I wouldn't be sitting there longer than necessary. Also, I was in a room in the law building with probably 30 people. The chairs were comfy, the lighting was fine, and plenty of space on the desks. Overall the actual test experience was fine, but I think I was distracted by the initial check-in.

I took the December 2010 test at Seattle Central Community College, and it was fantastic! I was expecting a lot of people like at SU, so I gave myself plenty of time to park and check-in. This was not necessary, as parking was plentiful in a nearby garage, and people were checked-in by test room, so not like the mass check-in experience at SU. Test takers were separated into rooms by last name, and there were probably 15-20 people in the room. The desks were the kind with the chair attached, but they were large with plenty of space for both the answer sheet and test booklet. The proctors were great about warning you to use the bathroom before entering the room, and the test instructions began within about 5 minutes of sitting down.

Fingers crossed that I won't ever be taking this test again, but if I do, it will certainly be at SCCC.
Last edited by clarsen on Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sphmao

Postby sphmao » Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:16 pm

any update about the test center in shoreline cc?
I called them, there would be 70 seat capacity for the test. Is 70 a big number?

seaguy2010

Postby seaguy2010 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 5:16 pm

UW was great for the Oct 2010 test. Big table to work on, comfortable chairs, very quiet, professional proctors. Honestly could not ask for a better test center arrangement. They did divide the group into two though, so I heard that the other group might have gotten the room with those tiny flip open desks :(

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”