In your opinion, which section is harder: LR or LG?

Underdog180

In your opinion, which section is harder: LR or LG?

Postby Underdog180 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:06 pm

Which section do you think is more difficult between Logical Reasoning and Logic Games? And which section do you think is more learnable?

bhan87

Re: In your opinion, which section is harder: LR or LG?

Postby bhan87 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:17 pm

Underdog180 wrote:Which section do you think is more difficult between Logical Reasoning and Logic Games? And which section do you think is more learnable?

For most students, LR is easier at first, but then LG gradually becomes the easiest section on the test. The difficulty of LG is mainly not having a proper approach to each game, which is something highly learnable. Most students already have a basic sense for LR, but to truly master it you need to have solid approaches to numerous different types of questions.

TommyK

Postby TommyK » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:33 pm

I think it depends largely how your mind works. My spacial intelligence is pretty bad and consequently my LG were inconsistent at best. Sometimes I would miss 2; sometimes I would miss 11.

The logical reasoning was always pretty consistent at the end - missing one or two each section.

But I agree with the above responder. Most people are able to master LG after enough practice. I was not one of those people. I ended up missing 16 questions on the LSAT, with 8 of them being in games. Ahh well, c'est la vie.

david.patel

Postby david.patel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:42 pm

Underdog180 wrote:Which section do you think is more difficult between Logical Reasoning and Logic Games? And which section do you think is more learnable?

I think both are learnable, but Logical Reasoning is more difficult. You see more return on your time investment with Logic Games.

amorfati

Postby amorfati » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:52 pm

Even on test day, I felt that LG was much harder (read: brainracking) than LR. In my opinion, LG feels much more frantic and high stress while you're doing it, whereas for me at least LR has a more laid back, take-it-one-at-a-time feel. Nonetheless, I still usually manage to do better on the games, and the same applied on test day.

So anyway, point being, if by "hard" you mean mentally grueling/time-consuming, then I say LG. But in terms of how you should be scoring come test day, then LG should probably actually be your best section (albeit perhaps not the most chill).

Upton Sinclair

Postby Upton Sinclair » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:53 pm

Reading

Leira7905

Postby Leira7905 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 5:55 pm

GAMES! For me, the games sucked. I blew away LR and RC, but the games screwed me every time. I could usually only get through three completely, and run out of time... If I had been able to do all four games I would have scored well over 170. ....stupid games :x

stilles

Postby stilles » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:30 am

LR is more difficult given the variety of questions/skills they are looking for + the confusing wording.

LG is the most learnable-less to read, more inference based, patterns become appearent after repeitition.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”