Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Do You Know These People

Yes, I know them all
32
17%
I know most of them
88
48%
I know 1 or 2 of them
58
32%
I don't know any of them
5
3%
 
Total votes: 183

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby NZA » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:40 pm

JazzOne wrote:
NZA wrote:Only because he's too just.

He's too ugly because he's too just? That doesn't make any sense.


He wouldn't make it in BigLaw because he's too just.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby rman1201 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

This poll is irrelevant, impertinent, and inconsequential! This is an outrage!


I didn't even catch that!

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby lisjjen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:41 pm

I'm indifferent towards McCoy or Woods so long as we can all agree that Atticus Finch clearly kicks the most ass. The stereotypical sweet talking Southern lawyer, except he doesn't turn out to be a complete sleeze ball.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby NZA » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:42 pm

lisjjen wrote:I'm indifferent towards McCoy or Woods so long as we can all agree that Atticus Finch clearly kicks the most ass. The stereotypical sweet talking Southern lawyer, except he doesn't turn out to be a complete sleeze ball.


I like McCoy more because he typifies the alcoholic ex-Catholic Irishman, which I relate to a bit more than the Southern lawyer.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Elle Woods is hot. That's all I need.
Last edited by JazzOne on Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.

2011Law
Posts: 822
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:40 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby 2011Law » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:44 pm

Is no one else wondering where Bob Loblaw is?

I didn't know Finch and Chiles, though I have seen the movie and show.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby lisjjen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:49 pm

NZA wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I'm indifferent towards McCoy or Woods so long as we can all agree that Atticus Finch clearly kicks the most ass. The stereotypical sweet talking Southern lawyer, except he doesn't turn out to be a complete sleeze ball.


I like McCoy more because he typifies the alcoholic ex-Catholic Irishman, which I relate to a bit more than the Southern lawyer.


Maybe I'm just biased by how good the book was.

User avatar
NZA
Posts: 1285
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:01 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby NZA » Fri Jan 28, 2011 2:50 pm

lisjjen wrote:
NZA wrote:
lisjjen wrote:I'm indifferent towards McCoy or Woods so long as we can all agree that Atticus Finch clearly kicks the most ass. The stereotypical sweet talking Southern lawyer, except he doesn't turn out to be a complete sleeze ball.


I like McCoy more because he typifies the alcoholic ex-Catholic Irishman, which I relate to a bit more than the Southern lawyer.


Maybe I'm just biased by how good the book was.


The book is very, very good.

User avatar
northwood
Posts: 4872
Joined: Fri May 14, 2010 7:29 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby northwood » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:27 pm

TKAM was the best book I ever read in high school.

OP: who won the debate?

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby JazzOne » Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:36 pm

northwood wrote:TKAM was the best book I ever read in high school.

OP: who won the debate?

Have you read Mockingbird? It's a biography of Harper Lee, and I highly recommend it.

User avatar
lisjjen
Posts: 1242
Joined: Wed Jun 30, 2010 12:19 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby lisjjen » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:29 pm

JazzOne wrote:
northwood wrote:TKAM was the best book I ever read in high school.

OP: who won the debate?

Have you read Mockingbird? It's a biography of Harper Lee, and I highly recommend it.


No, I'll have to look it up.

User avatar
rman1201
Posts: 959
Joined: Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:11 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby rman1201 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:32 pm

northwood wrote:TKAM was the best book I ever read in high school.

OP: who won the debate?


It seemed ok from the cliff notes
I don't recall finishing a single book in high school... or UG...

User avatar
spagnola8
Posts: 6
Joined: Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby spagnola8 » Fri Jan 28, 2011 4:36 pm

Atticus Finch
Jack McCoy
Jackie Chiles
Vinny Gambini
Elle Woods

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:08 pm

northwood wrote:TKAM was the best book I ever read in high school.

OP: who won the debate?

Sorry for the delay, I was in Milwaukee, where there's more beer and chili than internet.

I lost the debate, though marginally - I figured that people would not know most of them, but it's borderline. We were setting up "ranking" categories for our explanation forums. I preferred things like "LSAT serf", "LSAT master geek" "LSAT savant", but the younger folk rolled their eyes and came up with the lawyer idea. We added gavels in case people don't recognize that Atticus Finch beats Vinny Gambini.

On a side note, I was looking into the Scopes trial - considering William Jennings Bryan and Clarence Darrow - and loved re-learning how the Scopes trial went down. http://www.law.umkc.edu/faculty/project ... evolut.htm It's awesome how they all wanted to try this issue out in the courts.

I love that the trial, apparently, was held outdoors sometimes. "Um, judge, can we have trial outside today? Please, please..."

User avatar
Cosmo Kramer
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:11 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby Cosmo Kramer » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:15 pm

This poll is outrageous, egregious, preposterous!

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Feb 14, 2011 9:27 pm

Where is Perry Mason in all of this? He should definitely be up there, considering that there was an LR question about him a few years ago.

northwood wrote:ATTICUS FINCH IS THE BEST CHARACTER EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is proven by Nightrunner's avatar.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

m3taphysician
Posts: 60
Joined: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:25 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby m3taphysician » Tue Feb 15, 2011 12:57 am

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
feralinfant
Posts: 887
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 11:54 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby feralinfant » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:21 am

Whoever said Bob Loblaw, I totally agree.

User avatar
JazzOne
Posts: 2938
Joined: Tue Sep 09, 2008 11:04 am

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby JazzOne » Tue Feb 15, 2011 10:34 am

Matlock

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Random poll to settle a debate in our office

Postby lakers3peat » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:14 pm

elle woods is bangin




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], blumodernist, BobBoblaw, connordalto, jiangzichen, JohnMaynardKeynes, Justtrying2help, Smortensen, Tazewell, theboringest, VMars, wedidit1991 and 66 guests