Retaking the LSAT Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NJYankee6

New

Retaking the LSAT

Post by NJYankee6 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:30 pm

I am strongly considering retaking the LSAT in June.

Any advice/examples of a three and half month study regiment leading up to the test?

Thanks everyone!

Adjudicator

Silver

Re: Retaking the LSAT

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:37 pm

In my case:

Self-study for 3 months prior to the October LSAT. Worked through the PowerScore LR and LG Bibles. Did full-length timed PTs 40-60 during this time as well as many LG sections from earlier tests.

Result: 175

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:40 pm

I tutored others. Having to explain my own process made me differentiate between good guesses and good methods. If you have friends who aren't as naturally good at the LSAT, maybe spend a few hours with them.
result 173

Adjudicator

Silver

Post by Adjudicator » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:46 pm

kwais wrote:I tutored others. Having to explain my own process made me differentiate between good guesses and good methods. If you have friends who aren't as naturally good at the LSAT, maybe spend a few hours with them.
result 173
This is good advice. I told my wife a lot about the test and explained many of the harder problems that I came across, and I feel like it helped my own comprehension. See if you can find someone who will listen to you talk about the test.

Result: 175 (I think I'm going to make that my official signature)

LSATWIZ

New

Post by LSATWIZ » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 pm

That would also be good for your confidence, but if you want to improve, I'd think about studying with someone better.

I think the guy with the 173 may have scored even better if he spoke about the test with others who could also offer knowledge to the convo.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:59 pm

NJYankee6 wrote:I am strongly considering retaking the LSAT in June.

Any advice/examples of a three and half month study regiment leading up to the test?

Thanks everyone!

What was your original score?

I got a 167 in October 2009 and I am retaking in June. I'm still pondering whether to self-study or to take a full-fledged class/tutoring. I really need over a 170 this time around, no taking chances!

fastforward

Bronze

Post by fastforward » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:20 pm

If you want to achieve the best possible score improvement, you need to put together a solid, detailed plan of attack. We discuss here (LinkRemoved) how to put one together.

kwais

Gold

Post by kwais » Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 pm

LSATWIZ wrote:That would also be good for your confidence, but if you want to improve, I'd think about studying with someone better.

I think the guy with the 173 may have scored even better if he spoke about the test with others who could also offer knowledge to the convo.
definitely possible. I say do both

david.patel

New

Post by david.patel » Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:36 pm

I am in the same boat. Retaking a 167 in June. Luckily I haven't used all of the PTs yet, so I'm going to do the Pithypike method with PT 1-20 grouped by type and then full length with PT 39+.

Adjudicator you are a big inspiration.

NJYankee6 which tests have you gone through so far?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Lasers

Gold

Post by Lasers » Sat Jan 29, 2011 7:53 pm

just decided to retake a 163 in june as well!

if i don't do as well, i'm already in at hastings, so no pressure! but i'm going to kill the test with more time to prep this time around! 8)

LilMonsterAnnie

Bronze

Post by LilMonsterAnnie » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:42 am

NJYankee6 wrote:I am strongly considering retaking the LSAT in June.

Thanks everyone!

LSATBlog. Steve is amazing and offers study guides for 3 month, 4 month, 5 month, etc schedules
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/

kunsanju

New

Post by kunsanju » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:41 am

Thats great, if you ask me then, i think you must, join THE CHOPRAS..these guys provide high quality coaching for LSAT,SAT
GRE,GMAT ETC..
And also they give enough scope to the student to practice, i saying all of this because my cousin also took their help and she
is doing great at the moment.

NJYankee6

New

Post by NJYankee6 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 2:34 pm

Thanks for the insight, everybody.

I hit a 159 in October. My GF seems like a perfect person to try out the "discuss and comprehend difficult problems" method on. With three months of study and a healthy dose of confidence, I hope to score within the 163-165 range. I will definitely check out the thread/blog post suggestions later today.

Thanks again!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”