Best Place for LSAT Prep?

Dr. Strangelove

Best Place for LSAT Prep?

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:31 pm

I took the LSAT twice and got 165 both times.
I'm going to be doing something non-law school related next year..but if I decide to go to law school later on, I'll want to take the LSAT again. (GPA ~3.0)
I'll also have the money to enroll in a test-prep program by next year.. where do you think I should go (given my situation)?
My goal would be 170+ if I'm going to re-apply to law school.

Kurst

Re: Best Place for LSAT Prep?

Postby Kurst » Sat Jan 22, 2011 1:49 pm

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Sat Jan 22, 2011 2:51 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:I took the LSAT twice and got 165 both times.
I'm going to be doing something non-law school related next year..but if I decide to go to law school later on, I'll want to take the LSAT again. (GPA ~3.0)
I'll also have the money to enroll in a test-prep program by next year.. where do you think I should go (given my situation)?

What did you use to prep last time? How long did you prep for?

Dr. Strangelove

Postby Dr. Strangelove » Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:28 pm

NYCLSATTutor wrote:

I used some real LSAT tests and a book from Kaplan.
I prepped for about two months for the June exam and one month for the December exam (and this was especially on-and-off because of classes).

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Sun Jan 23, 2011 12:03 pm

Dr. Strangelove wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:

I used some real LSAT tests and a book from Kaplan.
I prepped for about two months for the June exam and one month for the December exam (and this was especially on-and-off because of classes).

Buy the powerscore books, or take Testmasters/Blueprint/other similar courses or hire an independent tutor. The tutor is probably the more certain bet, but any of them should improve you at least to a 170+.

bp colin

Postby bp colin » Mon Jan 24, 2011 4:30 pm

Yeah, if you just used a single simple book and some practice tests, and it was on-and-off, and you still pulled off a 165, you could definitely get into the magical 170s range with some more intensive study. I think a class could be helpful, especially if you haven't had much structured guidance. I've had students in similar situations who benefitted a ton from a class. You could also probably do it on your own or with just a tutor, depending on your learning style. The most important thing is to put in a ton of time.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”