what to do when you're burnt out with three weeks left?

sangr

what to do when you're burnt out with three weeks left?

Postby sangr » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:00 pm

hey guys..
so i skipped PT 56

and i have the rest left...and iv burnt myself out. We have about three weeks left for Feb lsat what do uthink the best course of action is?

i took my first LSAT in oct and got a 165.

i was thinkin should i just skip out on taking pt 57 ( i did do the games though)

and just do the rest and give myself a break for a few days?

dont know what todo really...anyone got any advice, or input from their own experience

or is it better to just push thru?

glitched

Re: what to do when you're burnt out with three weeks left?

Postby glitched » Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm

if you really are burnt out, do 1 game, 1 reading comp passage, and like 4-5 easy lr questions for a few days. or at least one. and then relax and forget about it. have some fun. lol i did that and it helped i think. everytime i came back from a "break" day, i got like 4-5 points more on my PT no joke.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:07 pm

Take the weekend off from LSAT and other things that are mentally taxing so that your brain gets some good R&R recuperation time. Then get back on the LSAT come Monday to hit it hard over the remaining 3 weeks.

Seriously, figure out and do some fairly brainless entertaining and stress relieving activities you like in order to pre-occupy yourself and make you feel good happy and relaxed over the weekend. Basically, do anything you enjoy doing that will de-stress you and take your brain off the LSAT for two days.

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:59 pm

sometimes you really just need a full day off to veg out, stare at your belly button, go skiing, who cares, anything but lsat. your score will look better the next day after your mind is refreshed. your brain gets tired, the same way that you can't go to the gym 7 days a week for several weeks straight because your body will get rundown to point of counter-productivity. anytime you train, plan rest in your training schedule, regardless of what type of training it is. Don't "push through" if you truly feel burnt out.

northwood

Postby northwood » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 pm

stop thinking about hte LSAT, stay off TLS, dont worry about law school for at least one full day. When you think you are ready to start, start slowly ( do one game, one passage, one 1/2 LR section). Then ease into your pt schedule.

Dont try to do more than 2 or 3 pts in a week. I would highly recommend doing 2 a week. Otherwise you will burn out again

swc65

Postby swc65 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:17 pm

Take a break of three to four days and don't touch or even think about the LSAT. Workout, go hiking, get drunk, or anything else for those four days. Burnout is your enemy when studying for the LSAT and during law school. You have to learn how to just put everything aside. I had the same issue and my scores began to drop. I took four days off, and then came back and did a PT and scored my highest score ever (I got that same score on test day).

Moral_Midgetry

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:23 pm

Advice for this question really depends on the person.

About two weeks out from the December test I was experiencing burnout. I took a full week off and ratcheted the pts down from 5 to 4 sections for the last week. I took four days off starting five days before the test and took my last pt the day before. I only did that because I knew that my first test back after time off was usually worse and my second test was more in line with normal pt scores.

Figure out what works for you but definitely take some time off. Good luck!

robotclubmember

Postby robotclubmember » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:32 pm

Moral_Midgetry wrote:Advice for this question really depends on the person.

About two weeks out from the December test I was experiencing burnout. I took a full week off and ratcheted the pts down from 5 to 4 sections for the last week. I took four days off starting five days before the test and took my last pt the day before. I only did that because I knew that my first test back after time off was usually worse and my second test was more in line with normal pt scores.

Figure out what works for you but definitely take some time off. Good luck!

I did the opposite. I took a test every day 4 days prior and then last day off. Like he said, figure out what works for you, but 4 days off is way too much and generally bad advice for the extreme LSAT prep student. It's good advice if you want to go to some hole in the wall like GeorgeTTTown or something.

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:31 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
.....words.... It's good advice if you want to go to some hole in the wall like GeorgeTTTown or something.

huh? I know their LS bldg/campus is in the middle of a crime ridden ghetto area of DC filled with and frequented by lowlifes (not capital hill, a different scumbag hangout area down the street), but since when did GTown turn into TTToilet town?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”