Just can't get this one: Preptest 28 Game 3 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
LSATPREPPER

New

Just can't get this one: Preptest 28 Game 3

Post by LSATPREPPER » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:40 pm

If grace is inspected on Monday Morning and Zeno is inspected on Wednesday morning, which one of the following must be true?

Answer Key says it is: D L before S but I feel like I can violate that and not violate the rules.

Morning: GSV
Afternoon: JLZ

I have no hotels on wednesday, grace before jacaranda, Grace and Seville are not on the same day, and Z and L are both in the morning.

Help, I'm sure I'm just being REALLLYYY thick and missing something.

bhan87

Silver

Re: Just can't get this one: Preptest 28 Game 3

Post by bhan87 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:44 pm

You're violating the local condition. The question says Z is inspected on Wed MORNING, you have it in the afternoon.

Edit (full solution)

G Monday Morning, Z Wed Morning forces L Tuesday morning because if Z is in the morning, L must be in the morning and Tuesday is the only Morning left

Morning Schedule: G-L-Z

G and S must go on different days so S can only go on Tuesday afternoon or Wednesday afternoon. In either case it's after L
Last edited by bhan87 on Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

LSATPREPPER

New

Post by LSATPREPPER » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:48 pm

bhan87 wrote:You're violating the local condition. The question says Z is inspected on Wed MORNING, you have it in the afternoon.
Ok, that was stupid had a perfect section and then did that. It's amazing how once you do something you can get so fixated on the way you tried it first that you don't realize what you did wrong!

Thanks!

bhan87

Silver

Post by bhan87 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 10:50 pm

LSATPREPPER wrote:
bhan87 wrote:You're violating the local condition. The question says Z is inspected on Wed MORNING, you have it in the afternoon.
Ok, that was stupid had a perfect section and then did that. It's amazing how once you do something you can get so fixated on the way you tried it first that you don't realize what you did wrong!

Thanks!
I totally agree! Sometimes your mind overlooks some rather silly things when it gets too fixated.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”