How to study without access to materials? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
vissidarte27

Bronze

How to study without access to materials?

Post by vissidarte27 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 3:13 pm

Hi folks.

Due to some unfortunate and unforeseen circumstances (scabies), I've been forced to temporarily abandon my sublet apartment and nearly everything in it to stay in a hotel for several days. My study materials -- PTs, Bibles, etc -- were among the things left behind, and I'm not sure what to do without them.

I'm registered for the February test, and really hate losing so much of my time, especially given that I'm not yet scoring as high as I'd like to. It's looking like the net loss will be about a week, after everything is said and done, and that seems like an awful lot of time at this stage in the game.

Is there any online resource that you could recommend (besides the one PT that LSAC has available)? Anything I can do to study without my materials?

Thanks!
Vissi

T6Hopeful

Silver

Re: How to study without access to materials?

Post by T6Hopeful » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:29 pm

Sorry to hear that!
You can purchase individual preptests from Cambridge:
--LinkRemoved--

But I can't think of anywhere to get free ones, except torrents, which I don't use. Good luck with everything!

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:30 pm

Buy a Logic Games puzzle book the type they sell in airports, really helps with logic games.

NonTradHealthLaw

Bronze

Post by NonTradHealthLaw » Thu Jan 20, 2011 5:35 pm

Agreed. You can also access non-LSAC resources like Manhattan LSAT's logic games http://www.manhattanlsat.com/logic-games-practice.cfm, other standardized test reading comprehension, test prep company freebies, etc. They may have wrinkles that are a bit dissimilar from the true thing, but there's nothing wrong with that. A little Googling goes a long way.

Jeffort

Gold

Post by Jeffort » Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:19 pm

Head to a local library and study with books there. Good libraries usually have some LSAT tests and prep books you can use there or check out. You could also camp out at Barnes and Noble or whatever bookstore and use a copy of one of the 10 LSATs books to take practice tests from, you just cant write in the book unless you are going to buy it.

PS: Did the person you are subletting your apartment from use it as place to run brothel activities or have a lot of random overnight bed buddy 'guests'? cuz scabies are mostly spread by skin on skin contact!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PhiloLogicGames

New

Post by PhiloLogicGames » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:12 pm

Libraries are awesome.

On another note...have you considered rescheduling?

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:20 pm

Jeffort wrote:

PS: Did the person you are subletting your apartment from use it as place to run brothel activities or have a lot of random overnight bed buddy 'guests'? cuz scabies are mostly spread by skin on skin contact!
It wouldn't surprise me. I don't know the people who were there before us, but I know that they left the day before we got there and my roommate/boss, her baby son (I'm his nanny), and myself all started showing symptoms at the same time, about two weeks after we moved in. And since no one else in our lives has them, we had to have gotten them from this apartment.

Thanks for all the suggestions -- the Manhattan LSAT site looks like it'll be helpful. Sadly, I didn't find any LSAT stuff in the couple of bookstores I checked out this morning (I'm in Canada and they seem to have less prep material available than we do in the States), but I'm sure they have airport-type logic puzzles. I don't know why I didn't think of that.

Thanks again, and if you have any other ideas, I'm all ears.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:25 pm

PhiloLogicGames wrote:
Rescheduling isn't really an option for me -- I can't take the June test because I'll be in Paris for work and I will be applying to my target school in early September to try to increase my chances of admission since I'll be a splitter.

I mean, I could skip Paris (my boss said it would be fine) to take the LSAT if I bomb February but... I really don't want to miss Paris if I can help it.

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:27 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:Sorry to hear that!
You can purchase individual preptests from Cambridge:
--LinkRemoved--

But I can't think of anywhere to get free ones, except torrents, which I don't use. Good luck with everything!

This looks perfect! Thank you!

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Taekwonthis

New

Post by Taekwonthis » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:36 pm

I dont know where in Canada you are but I am in toronto, and of the bookstores here, and libraries here, most of them have some LSAT books. Mostly Kaplan, the Richardson book is easy to find, also the Princeton Review book is a popular one among the libraries and bookstores I have checked out if that helps. Good luck

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:13 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:
PhiloLogicGames wrote:
Rescheduling isn't really an option for me -- I can't take the June test because I'll be in Paris for work and I will be applying to my target school in early September to try to increase my chances of admission since I'll be a splitter.

I mean, I could skip Paris (my boss said it would be fine) to take the LSAT if I bomb February but... I really don't want to miss Paris if I can help it.
You can take the LSAT in Paris

vissidarte27

Bronze

Post by vissidarte27 » Fri Jan 21, 2011 6:35 pm

iShotFirst wrote:
vissidarte27 wrote:
PhiloLogicGames wrote:

You can take the LSAT in Paris
I can, but it's scheduled for the day after we get there. Taking the LSAT while jetlagged doesn't seem like a great idea. Although maybe I'd do better. Who knows. Still, don't want to risk it.

iShotFirst

Bronze

Post by iShotFirst » Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:17 pm

vissidarte27 wrote:
I can, but it's scheduled for the day after we get there. Taking the LSAT while jetlagged doesn't seem like a great idea. Although maybe I'd do better. Who knows. Still, don't want to risk it.
Ok yeah that is a pretty good reason not to take it there hah :D If you are open to it just use torrents. You can get almost every previous test.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”