Ideal LSAT Prep Span?

RareBreed

Ideal LSAT Prep Span?

Postby RareBreed » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:10 pm

As it gets closer to that time, I've been considering the pros/cons between the various "Study Schedules" offered at http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/p/month-ls ... plans.html . What program do you guys recommend? I feel like the 5-month option would have the best balance of intensity and time. But I'm unsure. Also, when would be the ideal time to start my studying? Thanks.

dextermorgan

Re: Ideal LSAT Prep Span?

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:26 pm

RareBreed wrote:As it gets closer to that time, I've been considering the pros/cons between the various "Study Schedules" offered at http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/p/month-ls ... plans.html . What program do you guys recommend? I feel like the 5-month option would have the best balance of intensity and time. But I'm unsure. Also, when would be the ideal time to start my studying? Thanks.

Most people say three months of full-time study is good, for others (especially if they have a full-time job) 5-6 months works better. TLS1776 (a 180er) recommends a full year.

Several people in the June Study Group thread are on the five month plan, but they just started.

RareBreed

Postby RareBreed » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:33 pm

Wouldn't it make more sense to study over the summer and take it in October? I mean, trying to balance school work, a social life, AND LSAT prep seems next to impossible to me without having them all suffer to some degree.

kwais

Postby kwais » Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:35 pm

taking june gives you october as a retake opportunity. I took october, retook decemeber and had to put all apps in late. Even though I got the score I wanted, I am nervous about the late apps. Take June

accuratesite2020

Postby accuratesite2020 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 am

Go for June !!!! 12:30PM arrive at test center, score big !!!! Use LSATBlogs 5 month or 4 month and you will see that you can start combining LR work at the end of Week 2/3 of LG work. You can rip through his study schedule in half the time and start PT. I am into his 5 month and already and am staying about 2 weeks ahead doing 2 PTs a week. If you stick to his daily schedule, its about 2-3 hours of work with a day between a rest. If you go hard for a solid week with no break and go about 4-6 hours a day you get stay about a week or 2 ahead of it, then slow down when need be.

mst

Postby mst » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:56 am

I think Junes the best date. You start in February, basically treating it like an extra class (10-15 hours a week). Once you hit May and school drops, you study like a madman 24/7 taking preptest after preptest. Then you do the June date. October as a solid fallback in case you have to retake. Honestly, I never understand why people would do it any other way unless there's extenuating circumstances. In total the Feb to June plan is basically 4 months, including 1 insane month at the end where most of your improvement comes (like probably at least half of your improvement comes in the last month using this plan from the people I know who have used it). You can't get that kind of big build-up to the test at any other test-date.

david.patel

Postby david.patel » Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:23 pm

I vote June. Start now!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”