powerscore bibles Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
dr123

Gold

powerscore bibles

Post by dr123 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:30 am

Hey, what stores should I look at for the powerscore bibles? I can't order them online because I don't have a credit card

sethc

Bronze

Re: powerscore bibles

Post by sethc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:50 pm

Do you have a Hastings in your town?? I found mine + a ton of other great prep-books there. It's a great hidden-gem of a bookstore, but they don't have a huge presence. Otherwise, I would start with BN/Joseph-Beth and, if they didn't have them, then start checking the smaller bookstores in your area & also the local college-bookstores might even have them - mine did, but they were not cheap lol

Also don't waste your time at Meijer/Wal-Mart and places like that - I seriously doubt you'll find them. If you have a nice, big shopping mall w/ a bookstore - I'd look there first.

minnbills

Gold

Post by minnbills » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:25 pm

dr123 wrote:Hey, what stores should I look at for the powerscore bibles? I can't order them online because I don't have a credit card
Don't you have a debit card? Or a check card?

Get one either way. You will need one for CambridgeLSAT so you can buy recent PTs.

gbpackerbacker

Silver

Post by gbpackerbacker » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:32 pm

You don't have a debit card?

I would suggest using a Visa or American Express giftcard. They will charge you a fee to get one (10 bucks, maybe?), but you can get them at malls, Wal-Mart, Target, etc...

Visa: http://usa.visa.com/personal/cards/prep ... _card.html

sethc

Bronze

Post by sethc » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:45 pm

Yeah good point. The fee isn't $10 where I'm from though, I think it's like $3-4 tops? Iunno, but I'm sure it varies according to location. Can't be much though.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eugenie Danglars

Gold

Post by Eugenie Danglars » Tue Jan 18, 2011 12:05 am

Free advice: You should get a credit card and use it responsibly (few small purchases every month, paid off at the end of the month) to help build your credit to get better loan rates in LS :-)

holden147

Bronze

Post by holden147 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:12 am

Not sure where you live but a major grocery store such as Giant Eagle carries Visa gift cards (there's an activation fee) and Amazon gift cards (which have no fee) so if you're buying your books on Amazon you can do it this way.

casper13

New

Post by casper13 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 1:44 am

My local borders had both LRB and LGB on the shelves. But be prepared to pay full price or if you have borders rewards then wait till one of their good coupons comes out.

DarkPhantom

Bronze

Post by DarkPhantom » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:31 am

I don't know if it makes much of a difference, but you can get the older bibles for cheaper. afaik, the newer ones don't have any changes that will make or break your score. (please correct me if i'm wrong)

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

DeeCee

Silver

Post by DeeCee » Tue Jan 18, 2011 2:34 am

Should def get the PS Bibles through Amazon using a reloadable Visa. They are relatively cheap (especially used) on there.

Dotson525

New

Post by Dotson525 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 7:55 pm

I was thinking about purchasing the PowerScore RC Bible. Any thoughts?

Jack Smirks

Silver

Post by Jack Smirks » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:02 pm

Dotson525 wrote:I was thinking about purchasing the PowerScore RC Bible. Any thoughts?
I've found that the general consensus is that it's not really that helpful. I think getting good at RC is all about repetition and finding a strategy that works for you and that is tailored to your reading abilities. For instance, my method was to speed read the passage and then to refer back to the passage to answer specific questions. This has worked wonders for my RC score but may not be the best strategy for everyone. My advice is just to read a ton of passages and to play around with approach until you find something that works.

Dotson525

New

Post by Dotson525 » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:07 pm

naterj wrote:
Dotson525 wrote:I was thinking about purchasing the PowerScore RC Bible. Any thoughts?
I've found that the general consensus is that it's not really that helpful. I think getting good at RC is all about repetition and finding a strategy that works for you and that is tailored to your reading abilities. For instance, my method was to speed read the passage and then to refer back to the passage to answer specific questions. This has worked wonders for my RC score but may not be the best strategy for everyone. My advice is just to read a ton of passages and to play around with approach until you find something that works.

My initial thoughs as well. Currently I have ExamKrackers RC book. Was just debating with idea of purchasing another book. I'm just going to practice through the PTs.

Thanks for your input!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

sethc

Bronze

Post by sethc » Tue Jan 18, 2011 8:12 pm

Everyone swears by them, and I have no doubt that they're super helpful.. but I personally didn't put the time into studying them that I should have. In other words - buy it, if your financial condition can allow it.

Sh@keNb@ke

Bronze

Post by Sh@keNb@ke » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:12 am

You can get them at borders.

KibblesAndVick

Silver

Post by KibblesAndVick » Wed Jan 19, 2011 12:20 am

The don't need a credit card to steal things on the Internet. You should also get a debit card from a bank. IIRC you need to use a card when you register for the LSAT and the rest of the LSAC stuff so you might as well get a card now rather than later.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”