June 2011 LSAT prep

acirilli1722

June 2011 LSAT prep

Postby acirilli1722 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 3:48 am

I am taking the LSAT this June and was looking for a little prep advice. I'm aware I shouldn't worry for another month or two and should just prep for a few hours a day every day, 2-3 months prior to the test. However with my schedule I might have to change things up a bit. I am taking 21 hrs this semester(they are mostly my core finance classes so they are pretty involved) so for a lot of April and May it's going to be tough to be as consistent as I would like with my prep. I have signed up for a daily prep course for the 2 weeks prior to the test and I am taking a critical reasoning class as my elective so those should help. However, if anybody that went through a similar situation has any advice for how they handled their schedule and how it worked for them it would be appreciated. Thanks.

LSATBuddha

Re: June 2011 LSAT prep

Postby LSATBuddha » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:35 am

acirilli1722 wrote:I am taking the LSAT this June and was looking for a little prep advice. I'm aware I shouldn't worry for another month or two and should just prep for a few hours a day every day, 2-3 months prior to the test. However with my schedule I might have to change things up a bit. I am taking 21 hrs this semester(they are mostly my core finance classes so they are pretty involved) so for a lot of April and May it's going to be tough to be as consistent as I would like with my prep. I have signed up for a daily prep course for the 2 weeks prior to the test and I am taking a critical reasoning class as my elective so those should help. However, if anybody that went through a similar situation has any advice for how they handled their schedule and how it worked for them it would be appreciated. Thanks.

I wouldn't necessary say you shouldn't worry, it depends on what type of person you are. Some recommend a year, others 6 months, and others recommend only 3 months. I am the type of person who needs time to feel confident, truly grasp all the material, and lessen the anxiety of the actual exam. So just be aware there really is no definite answer to when you should start studying, it all depends on you. I didn't mean this as insult, just as a word of caution. If you can do any bit of studying now, I am sure it couldn't hurt. However, your class schedule is pretty demanding.

I posted this in the June study group thread(where you should come join all of us :D ), but this may help you:
http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/2010/08/lsat-prep-while-working-college.html

Lol I feel like Steve's personal advertiser even though I never met him......but he does have study schedules as well. Plus pithypikes' guide is based on 3 months of studying.

Good luck with your term and prep!

gatorlaw2011

Postby gatorlaw2011 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 4:40 am

Last edited by gatorlaw2011 on Mon Mar 12, 2012 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

accuratesite2020

Postby accuratesite2020 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 6:54 am

Get the LRB and LGB Now and methodically start working through them chapter-by-chapter. I would use the end of the chapter reviews and any other useful advice you pick up and make notes on each question type in your own words. Do 4-5 logic games a day with detailed/careful review starting sooner than later. In about a 1-2 months after you get through the bibles start pluggin away at PTS. Start with the earlier ones and work on getting through 2-3 PTS a week up until June 6th. Good luck with this semester!

acirilli1722

Postby acirilli1722 » Mon Jan 17, 2011 5:11 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I heard that LG Bible was really good, that looks like my strongest section but from what I hear the LG Bible is worth picking up anyway.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”