Hiring Powerscore tutor

tmc07d

Hiring Powerscore tutor

Postby tmc07d » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:42 pm

I was thinking of hiring a powerscore tutor for like 3 hours but is it really worth it? I really need help on LR and my question is would that tutor be able to substantially help me with LR within such a short amount of time or should I just save up and purchase the virtual tutoring course.

Moral_Midgetry

Re: Hiring Powerscore tutor

Postby Moral_Midgetry » Sun Jan 16, 2011 2:51 pm

I did 3 hours with one of powerscore's private tutors. I was already scoring in the upper 160's so I don't know how much it helped. I thought it was helpful to be able to talk to someone who understood the test as well as I did though.

tmc07d

Postby tmc07d » Sun Jan 16, 2011 3:04 pm

Well im certainly not scoring as high as you thats why i asked if im doing poorly on LR as in (9-25) right for ex :/ would that teacher be able to substantially help me in 3 hours?

meaghan

Postby meaghan » Mon Jan 17, 2011 1:22 am

I took the full length Powerscore class. There were 6 people in my class, so it was pretty "involved." At 2x per week for 2 months, I think there were MAX 3 days we didn't spend 2 of the 4 hours in class going over LR.

Even with a one-on-one, three hours seems like a very short time to cram in anything that would help you substantially. You're probably better off with the virtual course, in my opinion.

NYCLSATTutor

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Mon Jan 17, 2011 11:52 am

A few hours will always help as opposed to no hours. Generally, however, one needs a fair amount of studying to make substantial improvements. If you are doing quite poorly working 1-1 with a tutor can help you figure out how to study for yourself and then you can spend a lot of time on your own implementing those techniques. If you are doing better working 1-1 for only a few hours will probably help you fix some of your techniques, but they may not be able to tell you how to study more effectively, it may just be that the tutor would be telling you how to do specific concepts.

Best of luck!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”