PrepTest A Section 4 LR Question 25 Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
wolfpack37

New

PrepTest A Section 4 LR Question 25

Post by wolfpack37 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:18 pm

So I have the SuperPrep book, and I did PrepTest A today. I've been reading over the explanation for Question 25 of Section 4 (Logical Reasoning) for half an hour and I just do not understand what it's telling me. Anyone care to take a shot at explaining why A is the correct answer in a different way than their official explanation? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

benito

Bronze

Re: PrepTest A Section 4 LR Question 25

Post by benito » Sat Jan 15, 2011 1:51 am

I don't have the explanation only the question so sorry if my answer doesn't differ much from LSAC's....but basically Louis' conclusion is people's intentions cannont be more bad than good. He bases this on the premise that if they were we would stop trusting each other and society wouldn't survive. Problem with that is so what? Just cause something will have harmful consequences doesn't mean its not true. Which is what A says, Louis fails to rule out the possibility that something that is true can have deleterious consequences.....hope that does some good

wolfpack37

New

Re: PrepTest A Section 4 LR Question 25

Post by wolfpack37 » Sat Jan 15, 2011 4:55 pm

benito wrote:I don't have the explanation only the question so sorry if my answer doesn't differ much from LSAC's....but basically Louis' conclusion is people's intentions cannont be more bad than good. He bases this on the premise that if they were we would stop trusting each other and society wouldn't survive. Problem with that is so what? Just cause something will have harmful consequences doesn't mean its not true. Which is what A says, Louis fails to rule out the possibility that something that is true can have deleterious consequences.....hope that does some good
Yes, that actually makes a lot more sense than their explanation. Thank you!!!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”