Do LSAT grades automatically get released to schools?

Finalflash013

Do LSAT grades automatically get released to schools?

Postby Finalflash013 » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:42 pm

Sorry if this is a dumb question, but since receiving my LSAT scores I have received emails from a number of schools congratulating me on my "strong LSAT score" and encouraging me to apply. Are these mass emails sent to everyone who took the test or are percentiles released to the schools who ask?

3|ink

Re: Do LSAT grades automatically get released to schools?

Postby 3|ink » Fri Jan 14, 2011 12:45 pm

Small-time schools like HLS can't afford email advertisements. When you get an email from the McGeorge school of law, you know you're destined for great things.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 14, 2011 1:20 pm

Finalflash013 wrote:Sorry if this is a dumb question, but since receiving my LSAT scores I have received emails from a number of schools congratulating me on my "strong LSAT score" and encouraging me to apply. Are these mass emails sent to everyone who took the test or are percentiles released to the schools who ask?

They're a result of you signing up for the Candidate Referral Service (CRS), which allows schools to see your score, among other things. Some schools email everybody, some schools really do give out fee waivers only to top applicants. Take the latter with a grain of salt though, a fee waiver to UVA for example, does not in any way indicate that you'll get in.

zonto

Postby zonto » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:53 pm

HLS invited me to apply yesterday, but it seems they neglected to include a fee waiver like the other 46 schools did that emailed me this week... :roll:

Sorry, my 166/3.72 doesn't equal me donating $97 to you and boosting your selectivity rating for the 2012 US News rankings simply because "[e]very year, we end up admitting students who never thought they had a chance at getting into Harvard."

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Fri Jan 14, 2011 4:59 pm

What I dont understand is why some schools STILL have not received my Dec10 score. Its namely one, makes no sense. How do some schools get it in 1 day yet others 1 week later still dont have it?

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”