LSAT Special Notes: Temporarily on hold , Dec. 2010

jackjacky

LSAT Special Notes: Temporarily on hold , Dec. 2010

Postby jackjacky » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:54 pm

Hey guys my December 2010 lsat score has been placed on Temporarily on hold. I called LSAC several times throughout the week but haven't received a straight forward answer other then the fact that " a couple of files are on hold from the testing center". I was wondering if anybody else is on the same boat waiting for their Dec. 2010 lsat score. I was not written up by the proctor , nor did I file a complaint. What are some reasons for a hold on file , I'm a second time taker? Anybody know roughly how long it takes , its been a week since scores were released? Thanks guys !

CanadianWolf

Re: LSAT Special Notes: Temporarily on hold , Dec. 2010

Postby CanadianWolf » Thu Jan 13, 2011 6:56 pm

If this is a retake for you, the delay could be due to your achieving a much higher score. Otherwise it could be due to a report from another tester of possible cheating or other misconduct.

jackjacky

Postby jackjacky » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:00 pm

That makes me feel better CanadianWolf , but don't understand what the delay is. Are they checking to see if my thumbprint matches or my handwriting matches? The problem is I have all apps ready to go out but no lsat score and I'm falling behind.

jackjacky

Postby jackjacky » Thu Jan 13, 2011 7:05 pm

Otherwise it could be due to a report from another tester of possible cheating or other misconduct.

wow how is lsac going to take another tester word for possible cheating when the proctor has not caught that person red handed. It seems unjust for lsac to come back after the exam and pin a tester on possible cheating if a person was not caught at the testing center by the proctor, so why waste the time and put a hold.

jackjacky

Postby jackjacky » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:04 pm

Anybody have any additional information ?

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:12 pm

They don't have to take another test takers word on cheating. They have a program that catches cheaters by identifying people who have a significant amount of the same wrong answer choices. Because it is unlikely that two people nearby each other in a testing room will have the same experimental section, they can use your performance on that section to gauge your real ability. The answer source is more easily identified because that person will have a consistent performance on all sections, experimental and non-experimental.

Maybe somebody near you cheated off of you and they are investigating whether or not you let that person copy your answers.

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:29 pm

To clarify above,
The cheater will have an inconsistent performance on the experimental section versus the other sections.

http://www.lsac.org/LSACResources/Resea ... -09-01.asp

My info all comes from the full research report.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”