Central PA LSAT prep class?

goose2010

Central PA LSAT prep class?

Postby goose2010 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 10:02 pm

I'm planning on taking the June LSAT and am looking to take a prep class in Central Pennsylvania (around Harrisburg). Does anyone have any recommendations on which prep class provider to use or avoid? I know that the quality of the classes can vary greatly due to the abilities of the instructor. I know Testmasters, Princeton Review, and Kaplan offer classes in the area. I've heard good things about Testmasters in general but didn't know if this was true of the Harrisburg class or not. Thanks for your help.

PhiloLogicGames

Re: Central PA LSAT prep class?

Postby PhiloLogicGames » Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:33 pm

You're probably better off going to the centers, finding the class schedules, and talking to some students after a class.

kunsanju

Postby kunsanju » Thu Jan 20, 2011 7:19 am

First of all, why are you going to take prep class in central pennslyvia and not India?? I think you should consider The Chopras,they are the sole providers of Kaplan in India, and these guys
are very effective.
All the luck to u

tomwatts

Postby tomwatts » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:32 pm

As far as topic hijacking for spam goes, that was one of the funnier ones. I give it 8/10.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Thu Jan 20, 2011 12:46 pm

Yeah, OP, why aren't you taking a prep class in India instead?

--ImageRemoved--

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Thu Jan 20, 2011 11:37 pm

tomwatts wrote:As far as topic hijacking for spam goes, that was one of the funnier ones. I give it 8/10.

Unfortunately I doubt that the spam attempt was designed to be an attempt at humor from a US based aspirating lawyer killing time on the board trying to derail/hijack the thread.

LSAT Blog wrote:Yeah, OP, why aren't you taking a prep class in India instead?

{img/link to Ch_pras omitted to forestall India based LSAT prep companies from getting USA LSAT search google juice that will confuse the crap out of US/Canada LSAT students}

Expect lots more weird spam and weird posts about prepping for and taking the LSAT in India and about going to LS in India.

As if outsourcing hasn't already gone way tooo far, I'm sorry to say, even LSAT and LS education is being outsourced to India in a big way.

I just learned about this the other night, at first thought it was an internet prank, but after more research realized it was very real and then scratched my head in bewilderment and cried for a while.

To save research time for anybody interested I'll just give a tiny brief and a few pertinent links I found that people can use as a jumping off from point to read all about it.

LSAC is now administering a modified format of the LSAT in India designed for admission to a bunch of new law schools/law education programs offered by Universities (or whatever they call them over there) in India.

LSAT-India
--LinkRemoved--

Check out page 4 (LSAT Around the Globe)
http://www.lsac.org/LSACResources/Publi ... 09_LSR.pdf

Also (this link will probably cause a browser security alert probably cuz the tech support people in India didn't want to help the web designers in India responsible for the site!)
https://www.vue.com/about/release/09_03_03_lsat.asp

Compare this LSAT:
--LinkRemoved--

to the USA June 2007 LSAT

http://www.lsac.org/jd/pdfs/SamplePTJune.pdf

and then scratch your head and wonder why oh why? especially about why some sections on the India version of the LSAT only have 4 answer choices people have to choose from instead of 5 even though the test and credited answer choices are the same? Why should they get one less distractor answer choice to filter out than students in the US?

Anyway, have fun reading through that stuff and comparing the two tests.

On the positive side of it, at least I now know that when I call a tech support line about anything that once connected to somebody in an India based call center I can stir up conversation about the LSAT and maybe even get a new remote tutoring student! :?

PS: Steve (LSAT Blog), if you hadn't heard of or found this stuff before, since I'm sure you'll write up and post stuff about it on your blog, can you please give me credit for finding the info and breaking the story in USA LSAT discussion board land first? TIA :D

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Fri Jan 21, 2011 12:18 am

Jeffort wrote:PS: Steve (LSAT Blog), if you hadn't heard of or found this stuff before, since I'm sure you'll write up and post stuff about it on your blog, can you please give me credit for finding the info and breaking the story in USA LSAT discussion board land first? TIA :D

Hey Jeffort, I've written about LSAT-India, but I still get a big kick out of it, haha :)

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Fri Jan 21, 2011 2:21 pm

LSAT Blog wrote:
Jeffort wrote:PS: Steve (LSAT Blog), if you hadn't heard of or found this stuff before, since I'm sure you'll write up and post stuff about it on your blog, can you please give me credit for finding the info and breaking the story in USA LSAT discussion board land first? TIA :D

Hey Jeffort, I've written about LSAT-India, but I still get a big kick out of it, haha :)

Hah, I missed that one on your site.

The thing about it I got the biggest kick from is the picture on page 3 of the December 2009 LSAC publication of Mr. Bernstine, the President of LSAC.

He looks like an Ogre very similar to Shrek but with less of the friendly convincing 'I'm benevolent and just looking for love' appearance.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”