Tips on a Self-Study Plan?

GotKazan

Tips on a Self-Study Plan?

Postby GotKazan » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:34 pm

I will be getting all three of the PowerScore Bibles as well as the 10 Official LSAT Preptest book (original), in the mail soon. I know that not everyone highly recommends the RC Bible as highly as the other two, however I purchased it because I feel that reading comprehension will be the greatest obstacle for me. I plan on buying the following two versions of the 10 Official LSAT Preptest books after I've completed the first. I will also be starting TestMasters on April 2. Does anyone have any recommendations as to how I should tackle the self-study portion? I plan on working individually up until the prep course starts so that I can have a strong foundation. And yes, I know that the bibles and preptest books will teach me different methods than TestMasters, however I look at it as an advantage because it is likely that I will learn a variety of approaches to problems that will come up on the LSAT. Any help would be greatly appreciated! :)

FlanAl

Re: Tips on a Self-Study Plan?

Postby FlanAl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:38 pm

Manhattan Lsat's RC really helped me out. haven't tried powerscore's though. Definitely do not underestimate RC. I only missed one question on my diagnostic and was around there until the more recent tests where they really changed it and made it more difficult. I was getting -8 RC on the later pt's but after using manhattan was back down to normal -1/-2 and got -3 on the real thing.

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Tue Jan 11, 2011 6:39 pm

i also think that manhattan's logic games is really good too and that having a blend of their method's and powerscore's will be really helpful

chiach1

Postby chiach1 » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:38 pm

bump...doing something similar to OP and would like to know the same thing

FlanAl

Postby FlanAl » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:42 pm

atlas/manhattan self study worked pretty well for me. they set out a pretty good schedule for you with homework etc. i'd also recommend combo-ing it with powerscore LG and LR bibles. And definitely give yourself TIME!

Kurst

Postby Kurst » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:47 pm

The majority of those who posted in the stickied "Great Advice" thread self-studied: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=396

Pithypike: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=41657
Voyager: http://www.top-law-schools.com/archives ... f=6&t=7241
TLS1776: viewtopic.php?f=22&t=120471
ConsideringLawSchool: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=117096

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:02 pm

Pithypike's method really is the best for most people. It is very in-depth, and the materials are easily acquired (except Big Orange, but there are alternatives).

lawfreak

Postby lawfreak » Wed Jan 12, 2011 8:04 pm

Just take practice tests, practice tests, practice tests!!! And then when you think you are done, take a few more practice tests.

That's the best advice I can give you, no jokes!

Voyager

Postby Voyager » Wed Jan 12, 2011 11:00 pm

lawfreak wrote:Just take practice tests, practice tests, practice tests!!! And then when you think you are done, take a few more practice tests.

That's the best advice I can give you, no jokes!

Yeah, practice tests are good but without analyzing them and reviewing them and then retaking them you really miss out on much of the point of taking them to begin with.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”