Same Testing Center? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jdl239

New

Same Testing Center?

Post by jdl239 » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:21 pm

I took my first LSAT in Decemeber and loved the testing center I was at. It had very nice desks with plenty of room to work. I stayed at a friends house because I was on vacation the week of the test. My friend won't be in town the weekend of the February test and I would have to get a hotel room. Would the money for hotel, gas, and food be worth it to retake at the same center and be somewhere I am comfortable. It is four hours away.

rachellynne

New

Re: Same Testing Center?

Post by rachellynne » Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:25 pm

it wouldn't be to me, but you know yourself and your ability to adapt to new environments better than any of us do.

Bjavadi

New

Post by Bjavadi » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:15 pm

I would say it is worth it to have the certainty of a comfortable environment that you already know and associate with the testing experience. However... you should also consider other factors of making that trek. Do you sleep well in hotel rooms? Would a four hour drive before the test exhaust you in any way?

Another option might be to see if there is any way to preview the testing centers closer to you or ask someone who has tested there before what the working conditions are like. Or.. how good a friend is it that you stayed with? Could you use their pad while they are away?

Ultimately, this has to be up to your own sensibilities.

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:35 pm

Bjavadi wrote:I would say it is worth it to have the certainty of a comfortable environment that you already know and associate with the testing experience. However... you should also consider other factors of making that trek. Do you sleep well in hotel rooms? Would a four hour drive before the test exhaust you in any way?

Another option might be to see if there is any way to preview the testing centers closer to you or ask someone who has tested there before what the working conditions are like. Or.. how good a friend is it that you stayed with? Could you use their pad while they are away?

Ultimately, this has to be up to your own sensibilities.
Bolded is definitely something to think about. While it depends on the place you stay to an extent, you do have to consider the possibility of particularly loud neighbors all night. Or getting there and finding out that you somehow got a smoking room (or a non-smoking room if you need to smoke in bed to get to sleep).

Also, bring/prepare your own food if you're doing the overnight thing. You don't want to have the trots, cramping, or-heaven forbid-food poisoning the day of your LSAT.

ElvisAaron

Bronze

Post by ElvisAaron » Wed Jan 12, 2011 7:17 pm

I found it to be well worth the effort to go to the same spot regardless of convenience (1.5hr drive vs one 20min away). The familiarity factor was SUPER relaxing.
Way diff than 4hrs away, but I probably would have done it then too.

ATR

Silver

Post by ATR » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:03 pm

ElvisAaron wrote:I found it to be well worth the effort to go to the same spot regardless of convenience (45-minute drive vs one 5 minutes away). The familiarity factor was SUPER relaxing.
Way diff than 4hrs away, but I probably would have done it then too.
FTFM

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”