Feb retake - how to get back on? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
innernetp

Bronze

Feb retake - how to get back on?

Post by innernetp » Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:51 pm

Hi everyone!

So I had been satisfied with my 167 from October because it was good enough to get me into UT, until I found out that I was literally one point, a single question, away from receiving any scholarship money. I decided to sign up for the February test.

Oh, probably worth noting - I am strongly considering deferring enrollment and working next year just to get a breath of fresh air. I'm still in UG and am a bit burnt out. I went to one of the top high schools in the nation where they really bust you up, and then have had a 4.0 the past several semesters so haven't really had time to collect myself.

Breakdown of my score:
I missed 7 on reading. That really sucked, but that was not out of my range.
I missed 2 total on LR.
I missed 5 (or something like that) on LG. I bombed the last game. That was what did it, I feel like, because it wasn't like me to miss that much on games.

Problems:
- I did 21 practice tests, all recent, and so am pretty much out of PTs at this point.
- I'm under review at Wash U, USC, Duke, Emory, Vandy, UCLA, UC Davis, NYU, and Georgetown. My numbers are strong for everywhere except Duke, Vandy, NYU, and Georgetown (but care the most about Gtown out of those) but I submitted 11/16 and so am guessing that those schools might not hear / not care? Would it be alright just to email all of them and tell them not to pay attention to my Feb registration? I don't mind if I don't get into some of my reaches; my retake is more for scholarship money.

Ideas:
- I'm thinking that maybe I won't do any more practice tests. I did so many before that I feel like I have the hang of it in terms of stamina. I think I'm just going to go back over all of my old material and drill every kind of question and game I was getting wrong. Re-do the LG bible and buy the reading bible and do that. Other than that, I'm really not sure what else I could do.

Does anyone else have thoughts or ideas about this? Any and all help would be absolutely wonderful.

Thanks again.

innernetp

Bronze

Re: Feb retake - how to get back on?

Post by innernetp » Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:20 am

bump bump

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”