Would I benefit from a retake? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
coveyellow

New

Would I benefit from a retake?

Post by coveyellow » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:17 pm

Hi all,
I am applying to schools this cycle with a 3.94/170, and I've gotten into a few good schools so far. 170 is on the low end of what I was scoring on my PTs, so I think if I retake in February, and if I get a substantially higher score, I could potentially wait until the next cycle and apply again with a good shot of getting into HYS. I'm mostly wondering, though, if any schools that I am accepted to will consider a February score when doling out merit scholarships. Any opinions on the subject are welcome. Thanks.

LSATWIZ

New

Re: Would I benefit from a retake?

Post by LSATWIZ » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:19 pm

If you got a 175, they would find money for you, but many schools don't take a Feb LSAT score.

If you took the Feb exam your best bet is to sit back and wait a year. You will need to decide if another year is worth HYS, all of which would be in the running with a 2 point increase, and likely with a 5 point increase.

If you currently have a good job, this is a very strong option.

If you are living paycheck to paycheck doing something that does not make you happy, bypass HYS and attend any of the elite institutions your fantastic numbers will get you into.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”