Advice On LG Bibles

chiach1

Advice On LG Bibles

Postby chiach1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:32 am

Im a beginner and just recently began my prep by reading the LG Bibles.
Is it more beneficial to initially lightly go through the bibles at first (only doing PS chpt drills and problems ) as opposed to going on to a regiment of drilling question types (and referring to the bibles only when needed). Or is that initial "light review" a time killer. Should one start drilling question types (with supplemental materials such as parts of PTs) immediately after reading a corresponding chapter in the bible?

I hope someone can lend serious advice and their opinion on this matter.

SchopenhauerFTW

Re: Advice On LG Bibles

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jan 10, 2011 5:47 am

chiach1 wrote: Should one start drilling question types (with supplemental materials such as parts of PTs) immediately after reading a corresponding chapter in the bible?

I didn't, but that sounds like a swell idea. I practiced on specific question/game types, but not immediately after reading the corresponding PS chapter. I just did the light review myself.

I am tagging myself to see the responses.

chiach1 wrote:
I hope someone can lend serious advice and their opinion on this matter.

Has it come to this?

fosterp

Postby fosterp » Mon Jan 10, 2011 6:07 am

I did the chapters from the book and then went through the games of the corresponding type from the 7-38 PT series. I didn't do "every" one of a type but I generally followed pithypikes guide and did many of one type before progressing into the later types of the chapters.

chiach1

Postby chiach1 » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:07 am

fosterp wrote:I did the chapters from the book and then went through the games of the corresponding type from the 7-38 PT series. I didn't do "every" one of a type but I generally followed pithypikes guide and did many of one type before progressing into the later types of the chapters.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of generally doing the same thing since I was going to use pithypike guide and LSAT blog's guide. But the only concern I have with that is time. I dont want to be bogged down in one chapter just to complete 20+ specific games types. Could you please shed some light on generally how many drilling questions you did per chapter and after doing this, how long it took you to complete the bibles? Thanks your assistance is really appreciated.

Eugenie Danglars

Postby Eugenie Danglars » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:29 am

chiach1 wrote:
fosterp wrote:I did the chapters from the book and then went through the games of the corresponding type from the 7-38 PT series. I didn't do "every" one of a type but I generally followed pithypikes guide and did many of one type before progressing into the later types of the chapters.

Thanks for your reply. I was thinking of generally doing the same thing since I was going to use pithypike guide and LSAT blog's guide. But the only concern I have with that is time. I dont want to be bogged down in one chapter just to complete 20+ specific games types. Could you please shed some light on generally how many drilling questions you did per chapter and after doing this, how long it took you to complete the bibles? Thanks your assistance is really appreciated.

Check lsatblog.blogspot.com for some sample study schedules :-)

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”