Misconduct/Irregularity Help Needed Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
itstime

New

Misconduct/Irregularity Help Needed

Post by itstime » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:20 pm

Hey guys, I got a letter in the mail friday from LSAT. It wasn't a pleasant surprise as I already got a bad score on the test. Anyway I am wondering if I am supposed to mention this to the schools I am applying.

I was not given a notice during the test.

It was very stupid for writing me what I did and unnecessary. I had never done it before. All I wrote on the tiny piece of paper was my timing goals ie 1-15 in 15 16-20 " and 21-25 "

this was before the test was even passed out and I erased it after I wrote it down

Anyway here is the letter and thank you for your help

--ImageRemoved--

kitmitzi

New

Re: Misconduct/Irregularity Help Needed

Post by kitmitzi » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:38 pm

I don't think you have to do anything. LSAC says they decided not to take action so I'm pretty sure that means it won't go on your record.

Beast15

New

Post by Beast15 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:39 pm

Nope, no need to do anything. You can find more specific details on LSAC's website--in the Policies section under Miscon/Irreg--but generally, if the matter isn't forwarded to the Committee then it is a non-event. You will not be offered a chance to respond (as it is unecessary) and it will not be reported to the schools you apply to.

Consider yourself lucky.

It seems like a harmless, honest mistake--no matter how foolish. I wonder what they would have done if you had scored well.

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Sun Jan 09, 2011 4:31 pm

i doodled on the seating paper during the writing section lol guess i lucked out I didn't get written up!

joebloe

Bronze

Post by joebloe » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:34 pm

Wow. I had totally wondered about this; whether there was anything they would do about it given they gave you permission to have it out. Of course, I had the same thought about using the entire table as scratch paper. Glad I didn't try either of these.

TIKITEMBO

Silver

Post by TIKITEMBO » Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:31 am

This is the first instance I've seen of receiving notice after the test. Is it common to give notice of misconduct outside of the test or is this relatively rare?

And now the post-LSAT nightmares begin. :roll: "Sorry, you were looking out the window and a plane flew by carrying an air message for someone that could have been coded..."

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”