Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Magnew1197
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Postby Magnew1197 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:26 pm

I took the December LSAT and scored 6 points below my average PT. With the score I have I will be admitted into most of the schools I am applying for, but my score is the median or slightly above. Consequently, my scholarship chances are pretty significantly diminished. I am currently unemployed and can study for the LSAT 10-14 hours a day and believe I could improve my score at least the 6 points I was PTing at. I intend to send in my applications on Tuesday.

Should I retake the FEB LSAT and submit that score post admittance for the chance of receiving a scholarship?

I appreciate any and all help in this matter.

BlueDiamond
Posts: 953
Joined: Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Postby BlueDiamond » Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:27 pm

i stopped at 10-14 hours a day.. can you say burnout? thats a bit excessive

Magnew1197
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Dec 09, 2010 11:09 pm

Re: Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Postby Magnew1197 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:31 pm

Anyone have a more helpful response?

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Postby CanadianWolf » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:34 pm

Yes, you should retake.

elaman
Posts: 6
Joined: Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:04 pm

Re: Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Postby elaman » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:37 pm

I asked this in another thread, but should I retake if I am almost certain I'm a WL at HYS?

Do they consider improved February scores in the admissions process?

163/169 aa male urm

User avatar
TommyK
Posts: 1309
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 3:08 pm

Re: Should I retake the Feb LSAT for Fall Scholarships?

Postby TommyK » Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:39 pm

CanadianWolf wrote:Yes, you should retake.


Agreed, but you may also want to consider postponing your law school plans if you don't get the schollie offers you're looking for. It is worth postponing law school for an extra $50-60k in support and that money may not still be there in March when they have a chance to fully consider you for it. I'm sure it's not the answer you're looking for, but in 95% it's worth holding off for the cash.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], Giro423, Instrumental and 5 guests