3 point drop

User avatar
rht82688
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:25 pm

3 point drop

Postby rht82688 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:35 pm

How bad does a 3 point drop look from Oct to Dec? There were 2 instances during the December test of cell phones going off and I felt a little distracted but October went smoothly. Do most schools now really put more weight on the higher score even if it was taken at an earlier administration? I don't plan on a t14.

NYCLSATTutor
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:42 pm

rht82688 wrote:How bad does a 3 point drop look from Oct to Dec? There were 2 instances during the December test of cell phones going off and I felt a little distracted but October went smoothly. Do most schools now really put more weight on the higher score even if it was taken at an earlier administration? I don't plan on a t14.


Most schools only care about the top score outside of the T14. If you are happy with your October score, you'll be fine.

User avatar
rht82688
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby rht82688 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:57 pm

Thanks. I am satisfied with October where I hit my PT average. December was lower than any PT I had taken in a very long time. I think the games rattled me.

poi
Posts: 45
Joined: Sat Sep 18, 2010 7:56 am

Re: 3 point drop

Postby poi » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

.
Last edited by poi on Wed Jan 11, 2012 12:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ragged
Posts: 1509
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 12:39 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby Ragged » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:21 pm

poi wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:
rht82688 wrote:How bad does a 3 point drop look from Oct to Dec? There were 2 instances during the December test of cell phones going off and I felt a little distracted but October went smoothly. Do most schools now really put more weight on the higher score even if it was taken at an earlier administration? I don't plan on a t14.


Most schools only care about the top score outside of the T14. If you are happy with your October score, you'll be fine.


So you bomb a test, you bomb your chances at T14?


No. It hurts you, but its not a deal breaker in most cases if your highest is high enough.

NYCLSATTutor
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:26 pm

poi wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:
rht82688 wrote:How bad does a 3 point drop look from Oct to Dec? There were 2 instances during the December test of cell phones going off and I felt a little distracted but October went smoothly. Do most schools now really put more weight on the higher score even if it was taken at an earlier administration? I don't plan on a t14.


Most schools only care about the top score outside of the T14. If you are happy with your October score, you'll be fine.


So you bomb a test, you bomb your chances at T14?


Nope. All schools outside of T14 take the highest score, but not all schools in the T14 average them. Some T14 schools take the highest as well.

User avatar
rht82688
Posts: 36
Joined: Mon Nov 15, 2010 5:25 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby rht82688 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:33 pm

Are you sure? I read that the University of Maryland law school and University of Miami averages? Perhaps it was outdated information.

NYCLSATTutor wrote:
poi wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:
rht82688 wrote:How bad does a 3 point drop look from Oct to Dec? There were 2 instances during the December test of cell phones going off and I felt a little distracted but October went smoothly. Do most schools now really put more weight on the higher score even if it was taken at an earlier administration? I don't plan on a t14.


Most schools only care about the top score outside of the T14. If you are happy with your October score, you'll be fine.


So you bomb a test, you bomb your chances at T14?


Nope. All schools outside of T14 take the highest score, but not all schools in the T14 average them. Some T14 schools take the highest as well.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby KevinP » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:35 pm

NYCLSATTutor wrote:Nope. All schools outside of T14 take the highest score, but not all schools in the T14 average them. Some T14 schools take the highest as well.


ftfy

Some schools outside the T14 average as well e.g. my T35 state school.

CanadianWolf
Posts: 10439
Joined: Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:54 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:37 pm

A three point drop was within your LSAT score range as reported with your original score, therefore, this may be seen as confirmation of your prior score. This is why law schools do not require an addendum when scoring within 3 points of the prior LSAT.

NYCLSATTutor
Posts: 209
Joined: Sun Jul 11, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby NYCLSATTutor » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:38 pm

KevinP wrote:
NYCLSATTutor wrote:Nope. All schools outside of T14 take the highest score, but not all schools in the T14 average them. Some T14 schools take the highest as well.


ftfy

Some schools outside the T14 average as well e.g. my T35 state school.


*shrug* alright so it should be "almost all".

User avatar
zonto
Posts: 480
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 4:20 pm

Re: 3 point drop

Postby zonto » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:06 pm

None < Some < Most < All :wink:




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests