Any other idiots out there like me? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
NorCalBruin

Silver

Any other idiots out there like me?

Post by NorCalBruin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:18 pm

That forgot to bubble in an answer???

Edited: to be more considerate.
Last edited by NorCalBruin on Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

KMaine

Silver

Re: Any other idiots out there like me?

Post by KMaine » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:26 pm

Post may be a little annoying to people who scored in the 150s. Congratulations.

NorCalBruin

Silver

Post by NorCalBruin » Fri Jan 07, 2011 1:31 pm

Gotcha. edited.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 pm

NorCalBruin wrote:That forgot to bubble in an answer???

I accidentally bubbled #27 instead of #26 on the scantron in LR1. I caught it and fixed it in LR2, but to be honest, it would have been better had I not caught it. I was so rattled during LR2 when I noticed that LR1 was filled up to #27. I thought that I had accidentally transposed a whole bunch of answers down one and didn't know where the mistake was, and was trying to figure it out while working through LR2. I finally realized I just didn't bubble #26 and bubbled #27 instead, so I fixed it, but by that time I was already kinda freaked out. -1 LR1. -5 LR2, my worst section on Dec and worst LR in a long time.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 2:31 pm

robotclubmember wrote:

I accidentally bubbled #27 instead of #26 on the scantron in LR1. I caught it and fixed it in LR2, but to be honest, it would have been better had I not caught it. I was so rattled during LR2 when I noticed that LR1 was filled up to #27. I thought that I had accidentally transposed a whole bunch of answers down one and didn't know where the mistake was, and was trying to figure it out while working through LR2. I finally realized I just didn't bubble #26 and bubbled #27 instead, so I fixed it, but by that time I was already kinda freaked out. -1 LR1. -5 LR2, my worst section on Dec and worst LR in a long time.
so you cheated on the LSAT?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

rachellynne

New

Post by rachellynne » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:47 pm

glitter178 wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:

so you cheated on the LSAT?
My thoughts exactly. And admitted to it on a public forum. Brilliant.

When I took the October LSAT, there were a couple bubbles in Section 1 I was worried I didn't bubble in dark enough. I wanted to go back and darken them SO BADLY but I *didn't* because it is against the rules.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:49 pm

robotclubmember wrote: I accidentally bubbled #27 instead of #26 on the scantron in LR1. I caught it and fixed it in LR2,
Quoted for you're a cheating douche.

bartleby

Silver

Post by bartleby » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:53 pm

The first time I took my LSAT, I was so flustered, I kept bubbling in the wrong sections. I would basically bubble in a question for #15 in Section 3 in Section 2. Accidental bubbling and deliberate erasing afterward...

Unrelated but does this qualify as openly admitting to cheating on a public forum

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:54 pm

rad law wrote:
robotclubmember wrote: I accidentally bubbled #27 instead of #26 on the scantron in LR1. I caught it and fixed it in LR2,
Haha...Sometimes these threads contain some great hidden gems.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:16 pm

patrickd139 wrote:
rad law wrote:
Haha...Sometimes these threads contain some great hidden gems.
Lol. I had considered the possibility that someone would jump on it, and I'm not at all surprised at which posters chose to do so.

At the time, I hadn't even considered that it was cheating, it's just instinctively what I did when I saw what the error was. The point of the time limit is to make sure you don't distribute extra time to a section. I didn't flip back to the questions or spend additional time on the questions, and in all actuality, I would have scored better had I never even noticed that. I guess technically you're right, I did cheat, and if the thought had crossed my mind while I was in the moment, to be honest, I wouldn't have corrected this singular transposition error. I'm sorry if that offended your sensibilities and I'm glad that my posting this reinforced your sense of moral superiority. Congratulations on having a spotless soul, Rad Law.

Grizz

Diamond

Post by Grizz » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:20 pm

robotclubmember wrote:Congratulations on having a spotless soul, Rad Law.
Several logical fallacies inherent in this.

I can be a dick, but I fucking hate cheaters.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:23 pm

rad law wrote:

Okay.

glitter178

Silver

Post by glitter178 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:25 pm

rad law wrote:

yeah.... way to try to deflect the attention away from you, robot. the proctors repeat like 15 million times that you aren't to do ANY WORK in other sections after that section is finished. you're an ass.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

fosterp

Bronze

Post by fosterp » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:38 pm

You might want to edit some stuff in your post. While I know its a longshot that anyone would be able to match forum posters to people you never know these days with technology... I could definitely see a situation where someone runs for a political position and those guys whos sole job is to dig up dirt on people start poking around on forums. If someone were to find out you cheated on the LSAT it would have some pretty dire consequences. Again a real long shot of that happening...but you never know the kind of changes the internet will see in 10-20 years and once something is put up on the internet it is there forever.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:44 pm

glitter178 wrote:
rad law wrote:

yeah.... way to try to deflect the attention away from you, robot. the proctors repeat like 15 million times that you aren't to do ANY WORK in other sections after that section is finished. you're an ass.
What! I admitted it was a mistake. The name of this thread is "any other idiots out there like me?" I am clearly acknowledging I am an idiot. That said, don't blow an artery because I corrected one transposition error in a section I was no longer working in. Sorry, lol.
fosterp wrote:You might want to edit some stuff in your post. While I know its a longshot that anyone would be able to match forum posters to people you never know these days with technology... I could definitely see a situation where someone runs for a political position and those guys whos sole job is to dig up dirt on people start poking around on forums. If someone were to find out you cheated on the LSAT it would have some pretty dire consequences. Again a real long shot of that happening...but you never know the kind of changes the internet will see in 10-20 years and once something is put up on the internet it is there forever.
I understand this and appreciate your note. But that's just not me. The value of the internet forum is that we can all share our successes and shortcomings anonymously and candidly without worrying about blowback. I see no value in having a pissing contest over who is the coolest or most moral person on the internet, and I see no value in trying to enhance the size of your e-penis by insulting other people unless it's something really legitimately serious. It happened and it is what it is. I've tried Adderall without a prescription, smoke pot, and was banned from Wal-Mart for life because I stole from there when I was 16. Sorry guys, just not interested in trying to convince a bunch of dudes I will never meet that I am the perfect human. I'm not applying this cycle anyway.

bport hopeful

Gold

Post by bport hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Im with Rad on this one. I don't think its a pissing contest, its just that some people take it seriously (because it is serious) and we all wish we could have gone back to make changes to our tests.

patrickd139

Gold

Post by patrickd139 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 4:59 pm

robotclubmember wrote:I understand this and appreciate your note. But that's just not me. The value of the internet forum is that we can all share our successes and shortcomings anonymously and candidly without worrying about blowback. I see no value in having a pissing contest over who is the coolest or most moral person on the internet, and I see no value in trying to enhance the size of your e-penis by insulting other people unless it's something really legitimately serious. It happened and it is what it is. I've tried Adderall without a prescription, smoke pot, and was banned from Wal-Mart for life because I stole from there when I was 16. Sorry guys, just not interested in trying to convince a bunch of dudes I will never meet that I am the perfect human. I'm not applying this cycle anyway.
That's quite a rap-sheet. You are so cool.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

T6Hopeful

Silver

Post by T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:03 pm

I forgot to bubble in the last answer of a section on October's exam, cost me a precious point :?
Still happy with the score though.

efflux

New

Post by efflux » Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:35 pm

I'm in Data's corner. He fixed a typo on his scantron... that's about it.

Probably frowned upon, or even technically "cheating", but there's no reason to be a dick about it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”