152 to 163

nodummy

152 to 163

Postby nodummy » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:44 pm

I jumped 11 points between the October and December tests...didn't study, didn't read this blog, didn't really even think about the test.

Study hard for six months, then take a few months off...completely. It worked for me anyhow.

One question though...is it late in the admissions cycle? Does this mean my chances for being accepted are reduced because it's already January?

RebelRebel

Re: 152 to 163

Postby RebelRebel » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:46 pm

I'm in a similar situation, should we write addenda to explain?

What schools are you applying to?

aj15ufmd

Postby aj15ufmd » Fri Jan 07, 2011 5:27 pm

Same question here, I went from 162 to 169. Do I need to write an addendum for my applications? Also, an unrelated question, what schools do I have a shot at with a 3.01 gpa and 169 LSAT. I was thinking lower T1, but not totally sure.

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 6:29 pm

I went up 8 points and decided not to write anything explaining the jump...I mean I just studied more, which they could probably easily glean. If I had a sob story like I threw up on the test or something, then I'd write one, but anyway it hasn't seemed to affect anything.

Also, it is late in the cycle. You may have to move to next cycle for the best shot at the schools you want.

lawgirl10

Postby lawgirl10 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:07 pm

Same situation. I jumped from 153 to 165. Nothing 'unique', just studied harder.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:39 pm

I would say the jump is not as big a deal (most of you are citing increases that are out of the 6 point overlap in score bands), but it is a little late at this point. Certain schools ask for SOME acknowledgment of a jump, but if you're looking to maximize your chances I'd say wait until next cycle.

Curry

Postby Curry » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:41 pm

This is either a really strange thread or a long string of dedicated alts. I can't figure out which

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:45 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:This is either a really strange thread or a long string of dedicated alts. I can't figure out which

Why is that, because of all the huge jumps? Ironically (or not so ironically, since I decided to chime in on this thread for this reason), I had a 12 point jump myself, but didn't take the December exam.

Curry

Postby Curry » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:46 pm

T6Hopeful wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:This is either a really strange thread or a long string of dedicated alts. I can't figure out which

Why is that, because of all the huge jumps? Ironically (or not so ironically, since I decided to chime in on this thread for this reason), I had a 12 point jump myself, but didn't take the December exam.

A bunch of big jumps with no solid advice.

T6Hopeful

Postby T6Hopeful » Fri Jan 07, 2011 7:48 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

Ouch on the no solid advice :(
I guess it's just one of those odd situations though... a huge jump isn't THAT common (although I guess it could be on TLS), and schools have slowly been transitioning away from taking averages to taking the highest, ever since the ABA changed their reporting policy, and also different schools maintain odd policies (e.g. some claim NYU still averages, Duke definitely requests an addendum for a huge increase, etc.)

sarahlawg

Postby sarahlawg » Fri Jan 07, 2011 8:45 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:
T6Hopeful wrote:

it's pretty easy. If they ask for explanation on a jump, write one. If they don't, don't feel like you have to, especially if you don't have a "good" reason for why you made the jump.

lawgirl10

Postby lawgirl10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:02 am

alts?

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:52 am

Here's some advice...

Don't read this bullshit website/forum.

I improved because I had studied prior to taking the test. But at the time I took the test I really didn't care.

In the words of Bukowski..."Don't Try," and you'll be fine.

In all honesty, TLS and other websites claiming to represent the most knowledgeable members of the LSAT/law school community should be removed from the Internet...what a bunch of lying, crying fucks. Everyone on here is either a crybaby, a big time bullshitter, or a little bitch (which is located at some place between the two).

Sayonara, assholes.

Curry

Postby Curry » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:17 am

nodummy wrote:Here's some advice...

I improved because I had studied prior to taking the test. But at the time I took the test I really didn't care.

In all honesty, TLS and other websites claiming to represent the most knowledgeable members of the LSAT/law school community should be removed from the Internet...what a bunch of lying, crying fucks. Everyone on here is either a crybaby, a big time bullshitter, or a little bitch (which is located at some place between the two).

Sayonara, assholes.

I'm glad you, with your infinite wisdom, have uncovered the internet conspiracy :O

nodummy

Postby nodummy » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:24 am

curryinaninstant wrote:

Sayonara, assholes.

I'm glad you, with your infinite wisdom, have uncovered the internet conspiracy :O

youre one of the bitches

kwais

Postby kwais » Sat Jan 08, 2011 2:30 am

Sayonara, assholes.

yikes

Curry

Postby Curry » Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:16 am

nodummy wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:

Sayonara, assholes.

youre one of the bitches

Thanks? I don't know where you get that from but I appreciate your insight into my personality. Clearly the majority of a self selecting population that does incredibly well on the LSAT doesn't really know what its talking about on LSAT related matters. The information here helps very few if any people succeed on the LSAT; we're just duped into thinking it does. Similarly, the self selecting population that gets into very good law schools clearly doesn't understand the legal field because they obviously haven't done their research, meanwhile everyone else can see how stupid their paranoia is because they have some insight that these apparently intelligent but closet idiots aren't able to understand. Meanwhile, these same people purport these lies to the rest of the population ala your "bullshit" class or ... we cry about something? I'm not sure what we cry about but clearly we do. And if we fall into neither of those two categories, we are little bitches, something you don't care to define but rather just label. Nevertheless, you with your unlimited wisdom see past the futility of TLS and as such, having been fully outed by your brilliance, I wish you the best of luck.

lawgirl10

Postby lawgirl10 » Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:19 pm

curryinaninstant wrote:
nodummy wrote:
curryinaninstant wrote:

Sayonara, assholes.

youre one of the bitches

Thanks? I don't know where you get that from but I appreciate your insight into my personality. Clearly the majority of a self selecting population that does incredibly well on the LSAT doesn't really know what its talking about on LSAT related matters. The information here helps very few if any people succeed on the LSAT; we're just duped into thinking it does. Similarly, the self selecting population that gets into very good law schools clearly doesn't understand the legal field because they obviously haven't done their research, meanwhile everyone else can see how stupid their paranoia is because they have some insight that these apparently intelligent but closet idiots aren't able to understand. Meanwhile, these same people purport these lies to the rest of the population ala your "bullshit" class or ... we cry about something? I'm not sure what we cry about but clearly we do. And if we fall into neither of those two categories, we are little bitches, something you don't care to define but rather just label. Nevertheless, you with your unlimited wisdom see past the futility of TLS and as such, having been fully outed by your brilliance, I wish you the best of luck.

This.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”