Miracles DO Happen....

hypothalamus

Miracles DO Happen....

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:34 pm

I figured I'd post to encourage everyone out there who is considering a retake after a dismal or just disappointing first score...

I got a 162 in October. Retook in December and was convinced I butchered games. I was going to cancel, but then I thought I did alright on the other sections so I kept it. My hope was for a 168 - I got a 173.

For all of you out there who don't think improvement is possible.... Here I am, with an 11 point improvement in a matter of two months. I barely even scored that much on PTs.....

If I've learned one thing from this, it's that luck plays a huge part in the LSAT. I had 10 mistakes on RC the first time, because I ran out of time insanely. This time I finished on time and have 1 mistake, because the texts were on topics I was more familiar with.

Practice practice practice in real-ish testing conditions and GOOD LUCK!!!!

paulshortys10

Re: Miracles DO Happen....

Postby paulshortys10 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:39 pm

congratulations to you sir. this motivates me to retake my dismal 154..

niederbomb

Postby niederbomb » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:47 pm

Same here...162 in October, guessed on an entire game in December, didn't cancel after my parents convinced me to "just go to Canada." Was even afraid of seeing a "5" in the tens column.

170, just 1 point below my PT average. Thinking about sitting out the cycle.

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:48 pm

hypothalamus wrote:I figured I'd post to encourage everyone out there who is considering a retake after a dismal or just disappointing first score...

I got a 162 in October. Retook in December and was convinced I butchered games. I was going to cancel, but then I thought I did alright on the other sections so I kept it. My hope was for a 168 - I got a 173.

For all of you out there who don't think improvement is possible.... Here I am, with an 11 point improvement in a matter of two months. I barely even scored that much on PTs.....

If I've learned one thing from this, it's that luck plays a huge part in the LSAT. I had 10 mistakes on RC the first time, because I ran out of time insanely. This time I finished on time and have 1 mistake, because the texts were on topics I was more familiar with.

So epic. Are you applying this cycle? What apps do you have in? Pumped to see how things turn out for you.

jacko

Postby jacko » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:50 pm

I thought I bombed it...like around 160ish. I got a 170! Too bad I had decided to pursue other opportunities.

hypothalamus

Postby hypothalamus » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:11 pm

megaTTTron wrote:
hypothalamus wrote:I figured I'd post to encourage everyone out there who is considering a retake after a dismal or just disappointing first score...

So epic. Are you applying this cycle? What apps do you have in? Pumped to see how things turn out for you.

Thanks, megaTTTron! :)
I had actually stopped hoping to apply this cycle with the 162, so I don't have essays or LORs ready at this late point in the cycle. I think I will try to put together an application to Yale, since they really don't care when you apply, as long as it's before the final deadline. In the likely case that I don't get in with my 3.68 and short-notice LORs, I will apply broadly next cycle :).

rsethi

Postby rsethi » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:47 pm

paulshortys10 wrote:congratulations to you sir. this motivates me to retake my dismal 154..

i agreee

megaTTTron

Postby megaTTTron » Fri Jan 07, 2011 12:19 am

hypothalamus wrote:
megaTTTron wrote:

Thanks, megaTTTron! :)
I had actually stopped hoping to apply this cycle with the 162, so I don't have essays or LORs ready at this late point in the cycle. I think I will try to put together an application to Yale, since they really don't care when you apply, as long as it's before the final deadline. In the likely case that I don't get in with my 3.68 and short-notice LORs, I will apply broadly next cycle :).

Smart call. Here's hoping for Yale. :D

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”