Those in the know: Please help

sueeeee22

Those in the know: Please help

Postby sueeeee22 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:24 pm

I'll keep this short-winded:

I received my Dec score. 156. I'm looking to get into IU Indianapolis (not to be confused with the much sexier IU Bloomington).

Their median numbers are 158/3.6. I have an undergrad in Philosophy/Criminology-although I'm sure it won't weigh in much-and a 3.3.

Should I retake?

Thank you in advance, to those with responses.

Bless

Re: Those in the know: Please help

Postby Bless » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:28 pm

You're lower than their median in both areas. It's going to be really tough for you to get in. To be honest, I don't see it happening; however, I'm not familiar with that school at all. Best of luck.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:32 pm

Yes, retake. You can try applying this cycle and retake and apply next cycle.

Manhattan LSAT Noah

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Thu Jan 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Looks like you'll want to retake. Maybe this is redundant, but this will tell you your chances: http://officialguide.lsac.org/release/O ... fault.aspx

sueeeee22

Postby sueeeee22 » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:14 pm

Thanks guys. Noah, that was the first time i've used that predictor. It gave me an above average likeliness, but i'm sure thats not realistic considering i'll be applying close to the deadline.

Now, I must work hard, have a confident demeanor and use my time wisely. THAT FEB TEST WILL BE MY CANINE OF THE FEMALE VARIETY. :D

doppelganger

Postby doppelganger » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:37 pm

sueeeee22 wrote:Thanks guys. Noah, that was the first time i've used that predictor. It gave me an above average likeliness, but i'm sure thats not realistic considering i'll be applying close to the deadline.

Now, I must work hard, have a confident demeanor and use my time wisely. THAT FEB TEST WILL BE MY CANINE OF THE FEMALE VARIETY. :D

You should apply anyway, but also prepare for a retake. You might get in, and if you score higher, then you can possibly negotiate $$$. Also, you may be able to appeal your denial. I don't know anyone who has done this though.

The worst that could happen--they know you want to go to their school for sure and you might be a safe bet since it won't hurt their matriculation rate.

northwood

Postby northwood » Thu Jan 06, 2011 11:43 pm

you cant appeal a denial. you can only use a better score to get you off a waitlist. once you are denied, you are denied for that cycle.

see how it goes this cycle, and be prepared to re take in june and apply next cycle. you need to aim for at least 2 points above their median on your retake ( really need to be one point higher, but take into consideration that they may raise their median lsat scoreup a point).

best of luck

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”