Retaking the LSAT/past LSAT scores

happyjudity

Retaking the LSAT/past LSAT scores

Postby happyjudity » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:53 pm

I know this is a weird question, but how does LSAC associate your past scores with you? I never took the LSAT before, and I'm planning on taking it in February (I can't take it in June next year, and I want to get it over with), so it doesn't really apply to me. But I have a friend who took the LSAT in June 2010 and October 2010, and she said that the score report of her October 2010 test does not show the scores of her June test because she registered two accounts. I think it is rather dishonorable of her to do so, but at the same time, I'm really curious to know how this could be possible. I know many friends who are planning to take the LSAT a second time and are agonizing over their previous scores because the law schools they are applying to will average them, so if it is really as simple as my friend say to "erase your score history", wouldn't a lot of people do so? So how does LSAC identify you and associate your past scores with you?
Thanks!

bk1

Re: Retaking the LSAT/past LSAT scores

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:54 pm

happyjudity

Postby happyjudity » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:55 pm

bk1 wrote:...

LOL, that was my initial reaction..

bk1

Postby bk1 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:56 pm

happyjudity wrote:So how does LSAC identify you and associate your past scores with you?

As for this, how about, oh I don't know: your name, your SSN, your birthdate, etc, etc.

happyjudity

Postby happyjudity » Wed Jan 05, 2011 8:59 pm

bk1 wrote:
happyjudity wrote:So how does LSAC identify you and associate your past scores with you?

As for this, how about, oh I don't know: your name, your SSN, your birthdate, etc, etc.

Right, that does seem like common sense, but I'm just surprised how my friend did it...she couldn't have possibly changed her SSN, name and birthdate...

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 pm

hmmm.. I think LSAC requires social number to register for LSAT no? If so, that would imply your friend used a fake SS# or otherwise LSAC somehow failed to recognize she used the same one to open a new account. If she lied to get a separate account, perhaps its needless to say that it was a very bad and risky idea, which, if discovered, could probably cost her a chance at law school or a legal career. Kind of wondering if this is a flame or if you were otherwise confused about what she told you though...
Last edited by Lawquacious on Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:00 pm

I guess it's technically possible, but a terrible idea.

happyjudity

Postby happyjudity » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:03 pm

Lawquacious wrote:hmmm.. I think LSAC requires social number to register for LSAT no? If so, that would imply your friend used a fake SS# or otherwise LSAC somehow failed to recognize she used the same one to open a new account. If she lied to get a separate account, perhaps its needless to say that it was a very bad and risky idea, which, if discovered, could probably cost her a chance at law school or a legal career. Kind of wondering if this is a flame or if you were otherwise confused about what she told you though...

Thanks :) I have caught her in lies before, and I didn't actually see the score report, so I don't know if what she said was right. I don't know what "a flame" means, but I guess there's no real purpose to my post. I just have an over-developed sense of curiosity, I guess...:)

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:12 pm

happyjudity wrote:
Lawquacious wrote:hmmm.. I think LSAC requires social number to register for LSAT no? If so, that would imply your friend used a fake SS# or otherwise LSAC somehow failed to recognize she used the same one to open a new account. If she lied to get a separate account, perhaps its needless to say that it was a very bad and risky idea, which, if discovered, could probably cost her a chance at law school or a legal career. Kind of wondering if this is a flame or if you were otherwise confused about what she told you though...

Thanks :) I have caught her in lies before, and I didn't actually see the score report, so I don't know if what she said was right. I don't know what "a flame" means, but I guess there's no real purpose to my post. I just have an over-developed sense of curiosity, I guess...:)

By flame in this context I meant that possibly you were just looking to stir up a particular reaction, but it doesn't sound like that's the case, so you can ignore that comment. Perhaps your friend is confused herself, or maybe intentionally pulling your chain, or maybe really was dishonest with LSAC, or perhaps you are confused about what she told you. In any case, I think trying to clarify with her (maybe have her show you her two separate accounts online or have her explain how she got them re: SS# and DOB) is your best bet to figure out which of these it is.

bitchslappedbyLSAT

Postby bitchslappedbyLSAT » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:15 pm

I suppose it is possible to do though, one doesn't need to provide SSN to register for an account, I know I didn't give it! I suppose if your name is something like John Smith, then you can create more accounts. But if your name is Rakshi-Rouk Ramatamataushi :-) or something like that and you're born on 1.1. and your address is listed in a town with 520 residents and sit the LSAT at the same test centre every time, then you won't get away with it..or at least not for long.

northwood

Postby northwood » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:16 pm

you put your ssn on your answer sheet

happyjudity

Postby happyjudity » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:17 pm

Lawquacious wrote:
happyjudity wrote:

By flame in this context I meant that possibly you were just looking to stir up a particular reaction, but it doesn't sound like that's the case, so you can ignore that comment. Perhaps your friend is confused herself, or maybe intentionally pulling your chain, or maybe really was dishonest with LSAC, or perhaps you are confused about what she told you. In any case, I think trying to clarify with her (maybe have her show you her two separate accounts online or have her explain how she got them re: SS# and DOB) is your best bet to figure out which of these it is.

I see.. :) hmmm, I should have asked her, but I thought that if she lied to me about it to begin with, asking her to clarify won't help much..I did ask her to show me the multiple accounts, but she gave me some blurb about it being her privacy and such.. oh well. Thanks for trying to help me resolve this curious incident. :)

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:18 pm

northwood wrote:you put your ssn on your answer sheet

Now the scores will take longer because they have to check everyone's SSN.

happyjudity

Postby happyjudity » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 pm

bitchslappedbyLSAT wrote:I suppose it is possible to do though, one doesn't need to provide SSN to register for an account, I know I didn't give it! I suppose if your name is something like John Smith, then you can create more accounts. But if your name is Rakshi-Rouk Ramatamataushi :-) or something like that and you're born on 1.1. and your address is listed in a town with 520 residents and sit the LSAT at the same test centre every time, then you won't get away with it..or at least not for long.

that makes sense :) her name is rather common though, so maybe that's why :)

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:19 pm

dextermorgan wrote:

Actually, I've read that if you don't put your SSN on your LSAC acct and then put it on your answer sheet (or don't put it on your answer sheet) they hold your score until you give it to them.

dextermorgan

Postby dextermorgan » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:20 pm

LSpleaseee wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

Actually, I've read that if you don't put your SSN on your LSAC acct and then put it on your answer sheet (or don't put it on your answer sheet) they hold your score until you give it to them.

I mean the December scores. Poor saps.

Pleasye

Postby Pleasye » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:23 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
LSpleaseee wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:

I mean the December scores. Poor saps.

I know, it's torture.

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:28 pm

May not have used her SS# when registering, then registered with a different address. For example, she may have used her school address initially & then her out-of-state home address for the subsequent test. Or she may just be mistaken about what was reported.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Jan 05, 2011 9:43 pm

or maybe she is the reincarnate of her former self because she was killed by President Obamer's DEATH PANELS!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHH

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”