Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby mrtoren » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:02 pm

akili wrote:
mrtoren wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:They will always say the scheduled release date - that is their policy. The scores could be coming out as they speak and they still must say the release date.

The reason why they release on Fridays is because A. they are done and B. to avoid people calling them all day after release. It makes no sense that they would not be done with scoring by Friday.

Except for the blatant fact that they have released on Mondays for the previous two December tests and the two December before that were Thursdays. They don't care about the phone calls, they release scores when they finish. Friday is not the end of their week either, as they have released on Saturdays numerous times. Therefore they have no reason to necessarily finish up their work by the 7th.


Dude. They were closed on those days.

Dude. Not on the Thursdays..or the Wednesday release in '04.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby Pricer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:05 pm

I think using the evidence provided concerning previous release dates, Monday, January 3 seemed the most likely date of release. I do not see anything that would make Friday, January 7 the most probable release date.

Also, as many have pointed out, when you call, they will ALWAYS tell you the date originally scheduled for release, being Monday, January 10 in this case. I am surprised at how many times people call in, are given the official scheduled release date, and think that is the 100% without a doubt real release date. I am willing to bet that some of the lower end LSAC staff (the ones working minimum wage jobs answering the phones) would tell you the official date even after the scores are released. I could see the scores coming out today, and receiving a response of "Monday, January 10" if I called tomorrow to ask.

legaleyesit
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby legaleyesit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:06 pm

Pricer wrote:I think using the evidence provided concerning previous release dates, Monday, January 3 seemed the most likely date of release. I do not see anything that would make Friday, January 7 the most probably release date.

Also, as many have pointed out, when you call, they will ALWAYS tell you the date originally scheduled for release, being Monday, January 10 in this case. I am surprised at how many times people call in, are given the official scheduled release date, and think that is the 100% without a doubt real release date. I am willing to bet that some of the lower end LSAC staff (the ones working minimum wage jobs answering the phones) would tell you the official date even after the scores are released. I could see the scores coming out today, and receiving a response of "Monday, January 10" if I called tomorrow to ask.


That is your opinion, but the facts of previous tests show callers to LSAC have been given accurate information on the day of score release. The date can change obviously since they are still scoring tests, but there have been only a few business days since they started scoring due to all the previously mentioned information.

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby mrtoren » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:12 pm

legaleyesit wrote:That is your opinion, but the facts of previous tests show callers to LSAC have been given accurate information on the day of score release. The date can change obviously since they are still scoring tests, but there have been only a few business days since they started scoring due to all the previously mentioned information.

Where are these "facts?" Send us what you're basing your predictions on.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby Pricer » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 pm

legaleyesit wrote:
Pricer wrote:I think using the evidence provided concerning previous release dates, Monday, January 3 seemed the most likely date of release. I do not see anything that would make Friday, January 7 the most probably release date.

Also, as many have pointed out, when you call, they will ALWAYS tell you the date originally scheduled for release, being Monday, January 10 in this case. I am surprised at how many times people call in, are given the official scheduled release date, and think that is the 100% without a doubt real release date. I am willing to bet that some of the lower end LSAC staff (the ones working minimum wage jobs answering the phones) would tell you the official date even after the scores are released. I could see the scores coming out today, and receiving a response of "Monday, January 10" if I called tomorrow to ask.


That is your opinion, but the facts of previous tests show callers to LSAC have been given accurate information on the day of score release. The date can change obviously since they are still scoring tests, but there have been only a few business days since they started scoring due to all the previously mentioned information.


LSAC was closed for several days following the February administration, not to mention the tests were given all throughout the wait period because of test centers closing due to blizzards. The scores were still released early. Also, I cannot find a single instance in the charts I looked at where the score was not released before the projected date.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby Sandro » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:13 pm

Why do you believe they are "still scoring tests" ? This means they havent even TOUCHED some tests? I dont know if youre trolling or not but I find it hard to believe 24 days after the exam they are still feeding them through the scantron machine while in MOST prior LSATs scores have been already released.

stop it

FlanSolo
Posts: 439
Joined: Mon Oct 11, 2010 11:34 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby FlanSolo » Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:22 pm

legaleyesit wrote:That is your opinion, but the facts of previous tests show callers to LSAC have been given accurate information on the day of score release. The date can change obviously since they are still scoring tests, but there have been only a few business days since they started scoring due to all the previously mentioned information.


Ok, but how many instances are there of someone calling LSAC and coming back with bad information?

Also, you guys do realize that while LSAC is not in the business of doing anyone favors, they do have information that is needed by law school admissions departments. It is in LSAC's business interest to provide this information in a timely and useful manner, and they will continue to do so.

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2688
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby androstan » Tue Jan 04, 2011 6:32 pm

FlanSolo wrote:Guys, I just talked to a guy at LSAC, and he said, "it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae."

So there you have it.


I lol'd hard.

granato
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Oct 06, 2010 4:56 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby granato » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:27 pm

today I saw my dog lick his nuts and a bird fly into my glass door

jan 7th it is

legaleyesit
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby legaleyesit » Tue Jan 04, 2011 8:34 pm

Sandro777 wrote:Why do you believe they are "still scoring tests" ? This means they havent even TOUCHED some tests? I dont know if youre trolling or not but I find it hard to believe 24 days after the exam they are still feeding them through the scantron machine while in MOST prior LSATs scores have been already released.

stop it


That is really what a woman told me, completely serious. I was like gtfo

jayman6
Posts: 188
Joined: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:56 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby jayman6 » Tue Jan 04, 2011 10:13 pm

The December LSAT was cancelled in South Dakota because of a blizzard. Could delays as a result of weather be delaying score releases?

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby mrtoren » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:38 pm

jayman6 wrote:The December LSAT was cancelled in South Dakota because of a blizzard. Could delays as a result of weather be delaying score releases?

Logical guess, but other members have said that cancellations at test centers did not hinder previous early releases. Did the blizzard-like conditions that pounded the Northeast a few weeks ago shut down LSAC for a few days? Possibly. That could delay us receiving our tests.

Honestly, who knows.

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby mrtoren » Tue Jan 04, 2011 11:42 pm

legaleyesit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Why do you believe they are "still scoring tests" ? This means they havent even TOUCHED some tests? I dont know if youre trolling or not but I find it hard to believe 24 days after the exam they are still feeding them through the scantron machine while in MOST prior LSATs scores have been already released.

stop it


That is really what a woman told me, completely serious. I was like gtfo

She's also probably being paid just above minimum wage..which means she likely doesn't care enough about the job or us to find out more. In the rare event that she does, what are the chances that a rank-and-file member of LSAC has access to information regarding the current state of the scoring process? I'm sure they're either briefed in the morning to give us the same song-and-dance or they make up explanations as they go along.

If LSAC told even the lowliest phone operators about the progress of the scoring it would be leaked all over the internet by now.

legaleyesit
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:07 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby legaleyesit » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:39 am

mrtoren wrote:
legaleyesit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Why do you believe they are "still scoring tests" ? This means they havent even TOUCHED some tests? I dont know if youre trolling or not but I find it hard to believe 24 days after the exam they are still feeding them through the scantron machine while in MOST prior LSATs scores have been already released.

stop it


That is really what a woman told me, completely serious. I was like gtfo

She's also probably being paid just above minimum wage..which means she likely doesn't care enough about the job or us to find out more. In the rare event that she does, what are the chances that a rank-and-file member of LSAC has access to information regarding the current state of the scoring process? I'm sure they're either briefed in the morning to give us the same song-and-dance or they make up explanations as they go along.

If LSAC told even the lowliest phone operators about the progress of the scoring it would be leaked all over the internet by now.


If you do a google search on lsac call lsat score you will find that people call them and get reliable information every test cycle.

User avatar
mrtoren
Posts: 733
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby mrtoren » Wed Jan 05, 2011 12:55 am

legaleyesit wrote:If you do a google search on lsac call lsat score you will find that people call them and get reliable information every test cycle.

Send me a few links.

FPL
Posts: 14
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:52 am

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby FPL » Wed Jan 05, 2011 1:04 am

mrtoren wrote:
legaleyesit wrote:If you do a google search on lsac call lsat score you will find that people call them and get reliable information every test cycle.

Send me a few links.


Legaleyesit is a troll. Stop feeding him.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:05 am

legaleyesit wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:Why do you believe they are "still scoring tests" ? This means they havent even TOUCHED some tests? I dont know if youre trolling or not but I find it hard to believe 24 days after the exam they are still feeding them through the scantron machine while in MOST prior LSATs scores have been already released.

stop it


That is really what a woman told me, completely serious. I was like gtfo


When I skimmed this post I saw 'believe...scoring', 'touched' ---> 'stop it' and then "this is what a woman told me...gtfo" and interpreted it that way...

VTOrange19
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby VTOrange19 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:33 am

If the people that control my law school future cannot manage to put stacks of paper into a machine and read the print out in over a month, then I don't want to go to law school anymore. Maybe this should become the new LSAT? They give you a stack of papers, you must put them into a scanner and tell them the test's outcome in less than a month.

I am waiting too, and while I am far less educated in the LSAC's workings and timeliness, I would venture to guess they would be posted on the release date, possibly one day early (Friday).

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1897
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby Jeffort » Wed Jan 05, 2011 2:57 am

VTOrange19 wrote:If the people that control my law school future cannot manage to put stacks of paper into a machine and read the print out in over a month, then I don't want to go to law school anymore. Maybe this should become the new LSAT? They give you a stack of papers, you must put them into a scanner and tell them the test's outcome in less than a month.



You do know that the enlarged bold above is pretty much what you will be doing for law firms for a few years during and after LS if you get a law job right?
It needs very little modification to be accurate: They give you a stack of papers, you must put them into a scanner, sort them, read it, create reports and tell them the possible outcomes in less than a month.

VTOrange19
Posts: 49
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:12 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby VTOrange19 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:00 am

I am well aware. I was simply joking about the inherent difficulties grading a scantron test, not the first few years of the legal profession. I was coming at it from the whole "I took this damn thing, it is a scantron, let me know the score right now" type angst.

User avatar
Flips88
Posts: 13644
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 7:42 pm

Re: Scores are not coming back until January 10th...

Postby Flips88 » Wed Jan 05, 2011 11:07 pm

mrtoren wrote:Just because LSAC says they're closed, doesn't mean they're actually closed. A skeleton crew worked through most of the holidays and made progress on LOR's and transcripts if nothing else. Here, for your viewing pleasure again...(test date, scheduled release, actual release, days early, day of actual release)

--ImageRemoved-- (LinkRemoved)


This chart is wrong. The October scores were released starting on the 29th at around 7:30 PM and people got their scores well into the 30th. Regardless, they started releasing on Friday.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: cherrygalore, CHyde, cianchetta0 and 13 guests