June 2011 Study Group

User avatar
LawQ5
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby LawQ5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:35 pm

geverett wrote:Just went through the Atlas RC guide. Far better than the Powerscore Method imo. It's much shorter as well. I highly recommend.


I prefer it too. It seems so much more simple.

Excel
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Excel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 5:47 pm

the powerscore lgb is turning my brain to mush.

sphmao
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby sphmao » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:01 pm

starter ask a silly question: where can I get all the PT?

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:02 pm

sphmao wrote:starter ask a silly question: where can I get all the PT?


if you choose to pay for them: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/

JG7773
Posts: 333
Joined: Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:02 am

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby JG7773 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm

Excel wrote:the powerscore lgb is turning my brain to mush.


Haha! I know that feeling all too well!

It gets better, I promise!

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:03 pm

sphmao wrote:starter ask a silly question: where can I get all the PT?


LSAC.org, amazon.com, powerscore.com..

sphmao
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Feb 01, 2011 6:56 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby sphmao » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:05 pm

thanks~~

Excel
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Excel » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:45 pm

I hope the bible gets better, if anything its just made far more confused through the first read. I'll read the chapters again to see if it makes more sense.

IDK about the other sites, but amazon shipped them in a day to me (through a blizzard no less) for free,and I got a large discount.

Miracle
Posts: 929
Joined: Fri Dec 19, 2008 9:25 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Miracle » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:48 pm

99.9luft wrote:
sphmao wrote:starter ask a silly question: where can I get all the PT?


if you choose to pay for them: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/


you can get them without paying?

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby 99.9luft » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:57 pm

Miracle wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
sphmao wrote:starter ask a silly question: where can I get all the PT?


if you choose to pay for them: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/


you can get them without paying?


yes, but i prefer not to get banned by telling you.

viewtopic.php?f=10&t=141703

User avatar
neeko
Posts: 942
Joined: Mon Dec 13, 2010 3:41 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby neeko » Tue Feb 01, 2011 8:59 pm

Excel wrote:I hope the bible gets better, if anything its just made far more confused through the first read. I'll read the chapters again to see if it makes more sense.

IDK about the other sites, but amazon shipped them in a day to me (through a blizzard no less) for free,and I got a large discount.


The bible confused me at first too then I bought the bible workbook and I don't really miss any on games anymore. Just keep working through it, it will start to click eventually.

User avatar
LawQ5
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby LawQ5 » Tue Feb 01, 2011 9:55 pm

neeko wrote:
Excel wrote:I hope the bible gets better, if anything its just made far more confused through the first read. I'll read the chapters again to see if it makes more sense.

IDK about the other sites, but amazon shipped them in a day to me (through a blizzard no less) for free,and I got a large discount.


The bible confused me at first too then I bought the bible workbook and I don't really miss any on games anymore. Just keep working through it, it will start to click eventually.


I'm slugging through the LG bible at the moment. I didn't consider getting the workbook until I read your comment. Now I'm thinking about it...

User avatar
LSAT Blog
Posts: 1262
Joined: Mon Dec 07, 2009 9:24 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby LSAT Blog » Tue Feb 01, 2011 10:48 pm

sphmao wrote:starter ask a silly question: where can I get all the PT?


Here's a mega-list of every LSAT PrepTest. Amazon has a 4-for-3 special on individual exams that knocks the price down to $6/exam if you buy in multiples of 4.

User avatar
pu_golf88
Posts: 210
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 1:34 am

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby pu_golf88 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:55 am

LawQ5 wrote:
neeko wrote:
Excel wrote:I hope the bible gets better, if anything its just made far more confused through the first read. I'll read the chapters again to see if it makes more sense.

IDK about the other sites, but amazon shipped them in a day to me (through a blizzard no less) for free,and I got a large discount.


The bible confused me at first too then I bought the bible workbook and I don't really miss any on games anymore. Just keep working through it, it will start to click eventually.


I'm slugging through the LG bible at the moment. I didn't consider getting the workbook until I read your comment. Now I'm thinking about it...


Hmmm I may try this too. When I first went through the bible there were a few things I didn't fully understand/

User avatar
pkpop
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby pkpop » Wed Feb 02, 2011 2:56 pm

LawQ5 wrote:
geverett wrote:Just went through the Atlas RC guide. Far better than the Powerscore Method imo. It's much shorter as well. I highly recommend.


I prefer it too. It seems so much more simple.



I gave in and just bought it. Own books on LR & LG, but everything I have for RC seems to be what I have found online. It's my most inconsistent section so I hope this helps me narrow things down when I'm doing passages.

Excel
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Excel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 3:26 pm

pu_golf88 wrote:
LawQ5 wrote:
neeko wrote:
Excel wrote:I hope the bible gets better, if anything its just made far more confused through the first read. I'll read the chapters again to see if it makes more sense.

IDK about the other sites, but amazon shipped them in a day to me (through a blizzard no less) for free,and I got a large discount.


The bible confused me at first too then I bought the bible workbook and I don't really miss any on games anymore. Just keep working through it, it will start to click eventually.


I'm slugging through the LG bible at the moment. I didn't consider getting the workbook until I read your comment. Now I'm thinking about it...


Hmmm I may try this too. When I first went through the bible there were a few things I didn't fully understand/


I have just finished up chapter 2, first read. Am the only one who was making about half of the inferences i was supposed to be making, through the first read? :lol: Im fairly certain I could have done better on them without reading the time consuming stuff regarding diagrams.

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 8:03 pm

How many hours per day are you all studying?

For me, 6 days per week--2-4 hrs. per day.

User avatar
LawQ5
Posts: 17
Joined: Fri Jun 25, 2010 8:03 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby LawQ5 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:29 pm

Firework11 wrote:How many hours per day are you all studying?

For me, 6 days per week--2-4 hrs. per day.


I've been doing 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week. This past weekend I missed saturday and I still feel bad about it, but I have to try not to be hard on myself. I think maybe I should take a day off a week or something so I don't get burned out.

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:34 pm

Combination Grouping/Linear Games are kicking my ass.

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:41 pm

LawQ5 wrote:
Firework11 wrote:How many hours per day are you all studying?

For me, 6 days per week--2-4 hrs. per day.


I've been doing 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week. This past weekend I missed saturday and I still feel bad about it, but I have to try not to be hard on myself. I think maybe I should take a day off a week or something so I don't get burned out.


Cool, best of luck. Whatever you think is best for you.
Usually, I need a day to rest, lol!

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:43 pm

LawQ5 wrote:
geverett wrote:Just went through the Atlas RC guide. Far better than the Powerscore Method imo. It's much shorter as well. I highly recommend.


I prefer it too. It seems so much more simple.


I like Atlas' LG and RC methods.

I only use the bible for LR!

Excel
Posts: 65
Joined: Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:27 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Excel » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:44 pm

Firework11 wrote:How many hours per day are you all studying?

For me, 6 days per week--2-4 hrs. per day.


Monday-Saturday, prob. 2-4 hours as well.

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:52 pm

Firework11 wrote:
LawQ5 wrote:
geverett wrote:Just went through the Atlas RC guide. Far better than the Powerscore Method imo. It's much shorter as well. I highly recommend.


I prefer it too. It seems so much more simple.


I like Atlas' LG and RC methods.

I only use the bible for LR!


Did you try Powerscore LGB? If so what do you prefer about the Atlas method?

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 9:58 pm

geverett wrote:
Firework11 wrote:
LawQ5 wrote:
geverett wrote:Just went through the Atlas RC guide. Far better than the Powerscore Method imo. It's much shorter as well. I highly recommend.


I prefer it too. It seems so much more simple.


I like Atlas' LG and RC methods.

I only use the bible for LR!


Did you try Powerscore LGB? If so what do you prefer about the Atlas method?


If I said I studied the LGB, I would be lying, as I may not be the best person to give the best commentary over the two. However, I have looked through it and did a few drills.
Yet, I fell in love with Atlas' LG methods.

Firework11
Posts: 129
Joined: Thu Jan 20, 2011 6:41 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 10:05 pm

geverett wrote:
Firework11 wrote:
LawQ5 wrote:
geverett wrote:Just went through the Atlas RC guide. Far better than the Powerscore Method imo. It's much shorter as well. I highly recommend.


I prefer it too. It seems so much more simple.


I like Atlas' LG and RC methods.

I only use the bible for LR!


Did you try Powerscore LGB? If so what do you prefer about the Atlas method?


Sorry, I did not finish your question. I'm taking breaks btwn this site and reading LSAT notes. Hmmm, Atlas' approach
is much simple. They are the "Number Line" and "3D" methods, which includes a notation of constraints with Before/After--Above/Below method. For me, it is simple, esp the "IN/OUT" method.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Baidu [Spider], GioChanturia and 3 guests