June 2011 Study Group

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby coldshoulder » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:55 pm

Just finished PT31

PT31
LR1: -3 (21/24)
LG: -0 (23/23)
LR2: -3 (23/26)
RC: -3 (25/28)
Raw: -9
Scaled: 174

As to the above posts, that CD game was kind of a bitch. I did most of it in my head, since I wasn't sure how to diagram it, and I had to go as fast as I could through the other games to make up time (luckily the third game was super easy, and the fourth wasn't bad).
Totally thought I had a -0 on RC, missed a couple that I'm still trying to figure out. Feel as though two answers are both correct on a couple of questions (and one legitimately tripped me up hard).
LR is constantly around that -6 total....killing me (as much as a 174 can be killing me). EICH I want your LR scores! :D
Last edited by coldshoulder on Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Strange » Wed Apr 20, 2011 11:58 pm

To improve on RC I've decided to do every RC section, timed, individually one per night, from PT10-42. Got -5 on PT10, -2 on PT11 and for the first time ever, 0 on PT12. Hoping this will help me as far as timing and endurance, and strategizing.

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby coldshoulder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:02 am

Strange wrote:To improve on RC I've decided to do every RC section, timed, individually one per night, from PT10-42. Got -5 on PT10, -2 on PT11 and for the first time ever, 0 on PT12. Hoping this will help me as far as timing and endurance, and strategizing.


Nice on that -0! Lowest I've ever gotten is a -1. I'm sure with that much prep you'll be consistently -1/-0 on RC by the real thing.

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby soj » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:32 am

It's D-46, and I have 29 PTs left, which means I'll be done in 24 sittings. :shock:

I've considered saving some and focusing on just the new ones, but I want to have been exposed to all of LSAC's tricks when I take on the real thing. It's a lot of work to take and analyze a PT nearly everyday, though. Here's my study plan, if anyone cares:

I'm preparing batches of four PTs with a fifth PT used as experimentals for the first four.

Batch 1: 42-45 (41)
43-45 are Deconstructeds, which I'm looking forward to.
Batch 2: 25-28
Drill timed sections, not full-length PTs. This is my chance to build endurance for consecutive LRs.
Batch 3: 46-49 (21)
Batch 4: 50, 52-54 (22)
Batch 5: 29, 30, 38, ??, (??)
Redo exams I did poorly in to measure improvement and boost confidence.
Batch 6: 55-58 (23)
Batch 7: 59-62 (24)
Depending on how many days are left, I'll have to speed up or slow down Batches 6-7 so that I'm neither burned out nor rusty on test day.

User avatar
Strange
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 5:23 am

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Strange » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:44 am

Just ordered the Manhattan LSAT Strategy guide for RC. Do you guys think the LR one helps if I got the LR bible?

User avatar
soj
Posts: 7735
Joined: Sat Jan 16, 2010 11:10 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby soj » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:47 am

Strange wrote:Just ordered the Manhattan LSAT Strategy guide for RC. Do you guys think the LR one helps if I got the LR bible?

Yes, it does.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:10 am

soj wrote:It's D-46, and I have 29 PTs left, which means I'll be done in 24 sittings. :shock:

I've considered saving some and focusing on just the new ones, but I want to have been exposed to all of LSAC's tricks when I take on the real thing. It's a lot of work to take and analyze a PT nearly everyday, though. Here's my study plan, if anyone cares:

I'm preparing batches of four PTs with a fifth PT used as experimentals for the first four.

Batch 1: 42-45 (41)
43-45 are Deconstructeds, which I'm looking forward to.
Batch 2: 25-28
Drill timed sections, not full-length PTs. This is my chance to build endurance for consecutive LRs.
Batch 3: 46-49 (21)
Batch 4: 50, 52-54 (22)
Batch 5: 29, 30, 38, ??, (??)
Redo exams I did poorly in to measure improvement and boost confidence.
Batch 6: 55-58 (23)
Batch 7: 59-62 (24)
Depending on how many days are left, I'll have to speed up or slow down Batches 6-7 so that I'm neither burned out nor rusty on test day.


just makes me nervous thinking that we are at the point of creating final PT schedules :o

User avatar
UnamSanctam
Posts: 7169
Joined: Mon Mar 21, 2011 3:17 am

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby UnamSanctam » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:45 am

Suppose I'll join the fray. I think I have LR nearly down. -2 on sections, but I have yet to take an actual full PT. Will begin blowing through them soon. Still working out my LG kinks. I will get a 170+, because my 3.2 GPA is a real killer. If I don't do it this time, I'll do it in the fall. Best of luck to you all.

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 am

Anybody done PT 29 Logic games? They were some of the harder ones I can remember doing.

User avatar
coldshoulder
Posts: 963
Joined: Sat Feb 26, 2011 4:05 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby coldshoulder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:19 am

Which ones were on 29? I think I had -0 on it.

User avatar
YaSvoboden
Posts: 159
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 7:31 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby YaSvoboden » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:48 am

geverett wrote:Anybody done PT 29 Logic games? They were some of the harder ones I can remember doing.


That was actually my first -0 the other day.

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Thurs 8 pm study group

Postby jim-green » Thu Apr 21, 2011 8:16 am

Do we meet in the study room at 8 pm tonight? I did not receive an e-mail schedule but will join if anyone will be there.

User avatar
OhOkay
Posts: 65
Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:14 am

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby OhOkay » Thu Apr 21, 2011 12:25 pm

Hey, would appreciate anyone's insight on Q25 from Section 2 (LR), PT 22. I understand how B) is the correct answer, in that the premises talk about how many believe Indict-->Resign, and how many believe Resign-->Convict, whereas the conclusion is comparing how many believe I-->R and C-->R. So there is nec/suff confusion. BUT, why is D) also not an acceptable answer? Perhaps I am simply not understanding the wording. Isn't the conclusion referring to a third belief (how many believe C-->R) on the basis of two different beliefs in the premises (I-->R and R-->C)?
Thanks!!

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:01 pm

Alright team,
I think I have diagnosed my biggest problem on my LR score. It is definitely assumption questions which is somewhat bizarre because I used to feel like I had such an intuitive grasp of them and did 2 tests in a row where I did not miss any of them. However the last 2 tests I have gone -4 on them. I have been doing them this morning and something has definitely happened where I am not able to form as strong a pre phrase as I remember. Could have been b/c I dived so much into RC that I totally neglected LR for a few weeks, but either way I am drilling these hard for the next few days with individual RC and LG sections mixed in to keep my mind working in that way. I'm going to have a rebirth on this section if it's the last thing I do. Upward and onward!

User avatar
99.9luft
Posts: 1244
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:32 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby 99.9luft » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:03 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:
geverett wrote:Anybody done PT 29 Logic games? They were some of the harder ones I can remember doing.


That was actually my first -0 the other day.


Who the hell are you?

Ладно, шучю. Молодец, 29 не простой тест.

jim-green
Posts: 808
Joined: Sat Feb 12, 2011 7:55 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby jim-green » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:16 pm

geverett wrote:Alright team, I think I have diagnosed my biggest problem on my LR score. It is definitely assumption questions which is somewhat bizarre because I used to feel like I had such an intuitive grasp of them and did 2 tests in a row where I did not miss any of them.
Sit down in the study room with pkpop and your hardest assumption LRs. I did and he helped clear them up for me. If we have a session at 8 pm tonight, we could look at them.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:17 pm

Argh I have PT 52 in my schedule for today, so instead of getting LSAC's new "10" book and waiting I figured I'd drop the extra $8 not to throw off my schedule so I went to cambridge lsat and bought 52. I was planning on doing "print to pdf" like everyone says to do, but I've done it twice and my mac says the files can't be opened. I wonder if they blocked this option somehow? I hope not because to get my printer to work, I have to be offline...so not sure how this is gonna work.

FloridaCoastalorbust
Posts: 1302
Joined: Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:43 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby FloridaCoastalorbust » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:30 pm

Knock it out of the park Eich! I still haven't had the chance to review my PT mistakes from 2 days ago. Taking a PT tmr night and SP B on Sunday

User avatar
pkpop
Posts: 119
Joined: Fri May 23, 2008 9:09 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby pkpop » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:47 pm

jim-green wrote:
geverett wrote:Alright team, I think I have diagnosed my biggest problem on my LR score. It is definitely assumption questions which is somewhat bizarre because I used to feel like I had such an intuitive grasp of them and did 2 tests in a row where I did not miss any of them.
Sit down in the study room with pkpop and your hardest assumption LRs. I did and he helped clear them up for me. If we have a session at 8 pm tonight, we could look at them.


Whoa don't give me that much credit jim-green. I'm not quite an LR beast yet haha.

Also, yes tonight at 8, we are going over conditional/formal logic type questions. Expect lots of diagramming.

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:08 pm

FloridaCoastalorbust wrote:Knock it out of the park Eich! I still haven't had the chance to review my PT mistakes from 2 days ago. Taking a PT tmr night and SP B on Sunday

Thanks I hope I do. It's finalllllly printing and it looks like I got it as a PDF for backup too. Phew that only took over an hour. I sympathize with your being behind- I still haven't properly review the last two PTs I took. Soo bad. It just takes foreverrrrr for me, but I can't fall behind in my PT schedule, so I think I'll take this and then spend the rest of the day/night/probably 2am reviewing all my PTs. Too much to do, too little time to do it. I still need to drill games today and I just got the PS LG workbook (good suggestion soj). Not to mention the nagging feeling I have everyday because I have yet to do any LR book. Got 200 pgs into the bible what feels like years ago. I need one of those time turner necklace thingys that Hermione in Harry Potter had to add time to her day for studying. And yes, I did show show my Harry Potter nerdness in an LSAT study form. That's nerd in nerd content right there.

User avatar
chrisnyoder
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu May 13, 2010 10:38 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby chrisnyoder » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:09 pm

This is depressing. Going from 172 to 167 to 161.

I don't know what went wrong here. My head just completely froze on the games, even tho they were relatively simple and I had tons of games like them. Nothing else went my way either.

LR-3
RC-6
LR-6
LG-9
Raw -24

I think I'm going to not think about the LSAT for a few days and come back later. Don't know what happened but I can't afford a breakdown like that on the real LSAT.

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 pm

chrisnyoder wrote:This is depressing. Going from 172 to 167 to 161.

I don't know what went wrong here. My head just completely froze on the games, even tho they were relatively simple and I had tons of games like them. Nothing else went my way either.

LR-3
RC-6
LR-6
LG-9
Raw -24

I think I'm going to not think about the LSAT for a few days and come back later. Don't know what happened but I can't afford a breakdown like that on the real LSAT.


Same stuff has happened to me. No worries. You're going to do fine. I think I have overstudied as well a little bit and need to step away and just do some light drilling to keep my mind working. Also my wife has been out of town. There is definitely some causal reasoning at work there. haha.
Last edited by geverett on Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:21 pm

YaSvoboden wrote:
geverett wrote:Anybody done PT 29 Logic games? They were some of the harder ones I can remember doing.


That was actually my first -0 the other day.


Yea thanks guy. I wasn't soliciting scores on that section though especially from someone who introduces themselves on this forum with their "-0"

User avatar
Eichörnchen
Posts: 1119
Joined: Wed Nov 04, 2009 8:51 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby Eichörnchen » Thu Apr 21, 2011 2:32 pm

geverett wrote:
YaSvoboden wrote:
geverett wrote:Anybody done PT 29 Logic games? They were some of the harder ones I can remember doing.


That was actually my first -0 the other day.


Yea thanks guy. I wasn't soliciting scores on that section though especially from someone who introduces themselves on this forum with their "-0"

:lol: "hi, nice to meet you, I'd like to join this club- ooh you thought that was hard? Ahh I went -0 on that no sweat but I can see how it would be hard for other people..." ;) and 99, what's with the tiny Russian?? Why is there Russian everywhere I look on the boards now?

Oh, and Gev I just realized I have PT 29 stapled and ready to go next in line. Now I'm scared of the games...

User avatar
geverett
Posts: 285
Joined: Sat Dec 11, 2010 10:07 pm

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Postby geverett » Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:11 pm

Dont' be scared. I just made a serious missed inference that I normally would've picked up on that cost me. You are going to do fine.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: 21157015576609, Anon.y.mousse., Bing [Bot], cctv, Google [Bot], Instrumental, MSNbot Media, RandomDude and 7 guests