June 2011 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Firework11

Bronze

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Post by Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:11 pm

Excel wrote:
Firework11 wrote:How many hours per day are you all studying?

For me, 6 days per week--2-4 hrs. per day.
Monday-Saturday, prob. 2-4 hours as well.
Coolness, I take off Sunday as well!
How is your studying going...

geverett

Bronze

Post by geverett » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:53 pm

I having gone through LRB and LGB and am about to go through all the material from my powerscore class for the 2nd time. I am averaging a 162 on my PT's with my biggest weakness being in RC. Would you guys recommend I go through some of the Atlas guides? I've gone through their RC guide and it was great.

Firework11

Bronze

Post by Firework11 » Wed Feb 02, 2011 11:57 pm

geverett wrote:I having gone through LRB and LGB and am about to go through all the material from my powerscore class for the 2nd time. I am averaging a 162 on my PT's with my biggest weakness being in RC. Would you guys recommend I go through some of the Atlas guides? I've gone through their RC guide and it was great.
If you feel you are strong in the LG and LR, I would say stick with the method that works best for you.
I really like Atlas' LG and RC books!

accuratesite2020

New

Post by accuratesite2020 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:36 am

geverett wrote:Combination Grouping/Linear Games are kicking my ass.
I was having difficulty with these as well and I reread the chapter and focused on the latter chapter in the LGB that focused on distributions. This really made hybrids a lot easier. Now, I am having trouble with pure grouping games, particularly matching.

accuratesite2020

New

Post by accuratesite2020 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:39 am

LawQ5 wrote:

I've been doing 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week. This past weekend I missed saturday and I still feel bad about it, but I have to try not to be hard on myself. I think maybe I should take a day off a week or something so I don't get burned out.
I definetly don't feel bad on a day of rest, because that next day I feel like I can charge ahead and knock down some games and some LR questions with review. I feel like the review is a killer. I know it helps and it definetly has changed my outlook, but it takes FOREVER. I am slow at digesting each question right or wrong and I've even gone ahead on PT's and typed out reasons why I picked wrong answer types. Anyone else dealing with the pain of review?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

accuratesite2020

New

Post by accuratesite2020 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:41 am

Anyone find the ATLAS LG helpful. I've only gone through the sequencing chapter dealing with the branch method and it is helped. I am not sure about learning the skills for the in/out games. anyone have any sucess with the rest of it?

Firework11

Bronze

Post by Firework11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:49 am

accuratesite2020 wrote:Anyone find the ATLAS LG helpful. I've only gone through the sequencing chapter dealing with the branch method and it is helped. I am not sure about learning the skills for the in/out games. anyone have any sucess with the rest of it?
I like the 3D and IN/OUT game.

Firework11

Bronze

Post by Firework11 » Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:51 am

accuratesite2020 wrote:
LawQ5 wrote:

I've been doing 2-3 hours a day, 7 days a week. This past weekend I missed saturday and I still feel bad about it, but I have to try not to be hard on myself. I think maybe I should take a day off a week or something so I don't get burned out.
I definetly don't feel bad on a day of rest, because that next day I feel like I can charge ahead and knock down some games and some LR questions with review. I feel like the review is a killer. I know it helps and it definetly has changed my outlook, but it takes FOREVER. I am slow at digesting each question right or wrong and I've even gone ahead on PT's and typed out reasons why I picked wrong answer types. Anyone else dealing with the pain of review?
The rest is really good. I thought about typing out my LSAT short-hand notes. So far, I have just been reading over the hand-written notes.
Before I read ahead into my studying, I review my notes from the previous day for about 30mins. and the rest 1 hr. +30mins or 3hrs. +30mins. (depending on the day) I study something new.

Excel

New

Post by Excel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:29 am

Anyone know where I can get LSAT prep tests 48-61 ASAP?

I just realizes Amazons "2 day shipping" counts when they ship it in TWO WEEKS (it will arrive 2 days from then). Too bad i leave the country in 2 weeks flat, and chances are they will arrive afterwards.

PDFs avail?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

GoldenGloves

Bronze

Post by GoldenGloves » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:38 am

Excel wrote:Anyone know where I can get LSAT prep tests 48-61 ASAP?

I just realizes Amazons "2 day shipping" counts when they ship it in TWO WEEKS (it will arrive 2 days from then). Too bad i leave the country in 2 weeks flat, and chances are they will arrive afterwards.

PDFs avail?
Get them instantly, here: http://www.cambridgelsat.com/

Firework11

Bronze

Post by Firework11 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 1:51 am

How many PT are you are planing to take, if so which ones?

Excel

New

Post by Excel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 2:34 am

I own tests 7-38, and plan to buy 48-61.

I plan be taking 29-38, one a week and timed, while I read the bibles and review the games (untimed). I will be using tests 7-28 for sections, along with the LSAT mastery, to do work on each problem type.

Then, Ill be doing 48-61 in the weeks leading up. Ill be doing most of them twice, to try to pick up on the patterns of the most recent tests. I will taking 24 different tests in all; maybe more if my scores towards the end are not high enough. I am trying to avoid taking the full tests itself early to avoid developing any bad habits. Plus, like tonight, where I am just confused as shit. Test 29, I was -10 total through the first 50, which I was ok with. Then I hit the logic game, and was just like "wahhh" :lol:

How many are you planning on taking?
GoldenGloves wrote:

PDFs avail?
life saver man, LIFE SAVER.

accuratesite2020

New

Post by accuratesite2020 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:43 am

Excel wrote:I own tests 7-38, and plan to buy 48-61.

I plan be taking 29-38, one a week and timed, while I read the bibles and review the games (untimed). I will be using tests 7-28 for sections, along with the LSAT mastery, to do work on each problem type.

Then, Ill be doing 48-61 in the weeks leading up. Ill be doing most of them twice, to try to pick up on the patterns of the most recent tests. I will taking 24 different tests in all; maybe more if my scores towards the end are not high enough. I am trying to avoid taking the full tests itself early to avoid developing any bad habits. Plus, like tonight, where I am just confused as shit. Test 29, I was -10 total through the first 50, which I was ok with. Then I hit the logic game, and was just like "wahhh" :lol:

How many are you planning on taking?
GoldenGloves wrote:

PDFs avail?
life saver man, LIFE SAVER.
Wow !! You don't know how angry I've been breaking books apart and copying at Staples. I'm getting tired of underlining every necessary assumption question and circling every MBT/MSS question. It's been a total pain. Now I can order straight question-by-type books. Anyone try the Traciela books? I liked the LR one.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

GoldenGloves

Bronze

Post by GoldenGloves » Fri Feb 04, 2011 9:24 am

I already got most of the LGB methods down a few months back. Yesterday I went to Fedex Office & made three copies of each LGB game, then I spent the evening doing many of these games. I worked the games on my own at first & continued by reading back through the LGB explanations. After seeing the explanations, I re-did the games with the additional inferences that I originally missed. I enjoyed working this way & definitely felt that I was learning from it. Maybe this will help some of you that are a bit stressed as you work through LGB.

Rahsaan

New

Post by Rahsaan » Fri Feb 04, 2011 10:32 am

how much did it cost you to make all those copies?

pkpop

Bronze

Post by pkpop » Fri Feb 04, 2011 11:39 am

accuratesite2020 wrote: Wow !! You don't know how angry I've been breaking books apart and copying at Staples. I'm getting tired of underlining every necessary assumption question and circling every MBT/MSS question. It's been a total pain. Now I can order straight question-by-type books. Anyone try the Traciela books? I liked the LR one.
I actually used the Grouped by game type 1-20 Traciela book. I copied each game 3 times and used a guide someone wrote on TLS to organize the game types like it is in the LGB. I kept track of the time and what questions I got wrong in each game and wrote down why I got them wrong/ what I should have done.

This helped me with everything LG - attacking game types/ diagramming/ making inferences/ working on contrapositives. After moving onto games after test 20, things were a lot easier for me. When people say the key to getting better at LG is to do a lot of them, they're right. It doesn't matter if you did the same game a week before, it's the thought process of working through the game that counts.

GoldenGloves

Bronze

Post by GoldenGloves » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:19 pm

Rahsaan wrote:how much did it cost you to make all those copies?
$6.61

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:23 pm

For those in the study group in the room sponsored by Manhattan LSAT, is anyone planning on meeting this Sunday night @ 8? I know the Super Bowl will be on, but I would be willing to go over some sections if anyone is interested. . .

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:25 pm

JG7773 wrote:For those in the study group in the room sponsored by Manhattan LSAT, is anyone planning on meeting this Sunday night @ 8? I know the Super Bowl will be on, but I would be willing to go over some sections if anyone is interested. . .
I plan on being there on Sunday.

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:59 pm

neeko wrote:
JG7773 wrote:For those in the study group in the room sponsored by Manhattan LSAT, is anyone planning on meeting this Sunday night @ 8? I know the Super Bowl will be on, but I would be willing to go over some sections if anyone is interested. . .
What are you planning to discuss or go over?

JG7773

Bronze

Post by JG7773 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:03 pm

freestallion wrote:
neeko wrote:
What are you planning to discuss or go over?
It will be the power of suggestion. . . I don't think we will have an instructor there for this session. We are starting a Thursday night group that will start on the 10th that may have a visitor, but this Sunday we are on our own to discuss anything that people want. We could look at specific question types, particular questions, or just general discussion surrounding what people want or need to ask.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

david.patel

New

Post by david.patel » Fri Feb 04, 2011 6:12 pm

pkpop wrote:
accuratesite2020 wrote: Wow !! You don't know how angry I've been breaking books apart and copying at Staples. I'm getting tired of underlining every necessary assumption question and circling every MBT/MSS question. It's been a total pain. Now I can order straight question-by-type books. Anyone try the Traciela books? I liked the LR one.
I actually used the Grouped by game type 1-20 Traciela book. I copied each game 3 times and used a guide someone wrote on TLS to organize the game types like it is in the LGB. I kept track of the time and what questions I got wrong in each game and wrote down why I got them wrong/ what I should have done.

This helped me with everything LG - attacking game types/ diagramming/ making inferences/ working on contrapositives. After moving onto games after test 20, things were a lot easier for me. When people say the key to getting better at LG is to do a lot of them, they're right. It doesn't matter if you did the same game a week before, it's the thought process of working through the game that counts.
Accuratesite, they have electronic versions of the Traceila grouped-by-type books now --LinkRemoved--

pkpop, do you have a link to that guide?

chiach1

New

Post by chiach1 » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:07 pm

Hey guys, I have a quick question. For those of you using the LRB and employing LRB's "conclusion identification method" in finding the conclusion in main point questions, have u guys found this to take to much time? and are there any better/faster solutions to finding the conclusion in main point questions?

thanks in advance

pkpop

Bronze

Post by pkpop » Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:35 pm

david.patel wrote: Accuratesite, they have electronic versions of the Traceila grouped-by-type books now --LinkRemoved--

pkpop, do you have a link to that guide?
http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 6&t=118205

I took this list and was able to distinguish certain games in that book (and game types at first) that I had more trouble with and made those what I called "shitlist questions." For example, at first I had difficulty with Grouping-matching types. I was way too slow. I made sure I paid special attention to those specific games and how I solved them which I believe helped me when I encountered later grouping-matching types.

holden147

Bronze

Post by holden147 » Sat Feb 05, 2011 1:37 am

What steps do I have to take to sign up for the Manhattan study group? I work this Sunday night but starting next week I will be available to attend all study group sessions.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”