June 2011 Study Group Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Yassig

New

Re: June 2011 Study Group

Post by Yassig » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:48 pm

Hi all, I'm trying to gear up for the June 2011 LSAT. I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2/caretaker of one so my life is about running around all day. Need some structure and motivation to get going so that I'm ready for this thing. I can't tell you how nice it is to see suggestions for study schedules and guides to help me out - I've been out of school for awhile and it's taking some time to get back into the swing of things!

Good luck to all!

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:50 pm

Yassig wrote:Hi all, I'm trying to gear up for the June 2011 LSAT. I'm a stay-at-home mom of 2/caretaker of one so my life is about running around all day. Need some structure and motivation to get going so that I'm ready for this thing. I can't tell you how nice it is to see suggestions for study schedules and guides to help me out - I've been out of school for awhile and it's taking some time to get back into the swing of things!

Good luck to all!
Welcome to TLS!

crooked

Bronze

Post by crooked » Sat Jan 22, 2011 11:55 pm

New to these forums — my first time taking the test will be June 2011.

I've taken three full-length tests so far: 164 (Kaplan — so not a real LSAT), 167 (LSAT TriplePrep Plus PT 1), 175 (LSAT TriplePrep Plus PT 2, taken this morning).

I don't yet have a studying schedule. I'm planning on using all of tomorrow to work out my plan for the next few months. I'm aiming for a 180, which I recognize is ambitious and possibly unrealistic, but I don't see any reason why I shouldn't work as hard as I possibly can to do as well as I possibly can. I work full-time and fairly irregular/late hours, so I'm planning on using my 35-minute daily commute as a time to do sections, nights to work through the Bibles (which I just ordered) and do sections and weekends to take prep tests. Does anyone have any suggestions on maximizing time when you don't have that much of it? I'm already aware that my social life is taking a backseat until the test is over.

elisedfra

New

Post by elisedfra » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:01 am

99.9luft wrote:
dextermorgan wrote:
neeko wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:We've sponsored online study groups before (for karma, not $) - provided an online room for them, and some support. If you folks are interested, reach out to us...

I am setting this up with Noah Monday afternoon. He said they will set up a room for us to meet and work together and one of their teachers will show up at least a couple of times to work with us on whatever we would like. Also, anyone who doesn't have the manhattan LSAT books yet will get a discount. If everyone that's interested could agree on the day and times of the meetings, I'm assuming Saturday and/or Sunday would be best as I know a lot of us are working and going to school.
Definitely weekend for me.
weekends work. preferably sundays. Neeko, thanks for handling that. Everyone, if you guys decide, please PM me (i'm not on TLS every day).
I'm interested as well. ALthough I work on Sundays until 5pm PST, so I don't know if that will work with your guys's schedule.

accuratesite2020

New

Post by accuratesite2020 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:52 am

Any day in the LATE AFTERNOON...PREFERABLY 3PM. WEEKENDS WOULD BE KILLER. Is Manhattan the same as Atlas or no? thanks.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 am

accuratesite2020 wrote:Any day in the LATE AFTERNOON...PREFERABLY 3PM. WEEKENDS WOULD BE KILLER. Is Manhattan the same as Atlas or no? thanks.
Yes, atlas is the old name of manhattan lsat.

holden147

Bronze

Post by holden147 » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:41 pm

99.9luft wrote:
accuratesite2020 wrote:Any day in the LATE AFTERNOON...PREFERABLY 3PM. WEEKENDS WOULD BE KILLER. Is Manhattan the same as Atlas or no? thanks.
Are the Atlas books required to participate in the online study group?

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Sun Jan 23, 2011 1:45 pm

holden147 wrote:
99.9luft wrote:
Are the Atlas books required to participate in the online study group?
No, it's open to the public (they are just nice like that).

Yassig

New

Post by Yassig » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:11 pm

I would be interested in joining a study group if this comes together - my schedule tends to be better on weekends if possible.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sun Jan 23, 2011 2:52 pm

Yassig wrote:I would be interested in joining a study group if this comes together - my schedule tends to be better on weekends if possible.
It looks like Sunday evenings seem to be the best. Does 7 eastern sound ok for everybody?

reaisan

Bronze

Post by reaisan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 3:58 pm

Sunday late afternoons EST would be great!

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:07 pm

neeko wrote:
Yassig wrote:I would be interested in joining a study group if this comes together - my schedule tends to be better on weekends if possible.
It looks like Sunday evenings seem to be the best. Does 7 eastern sound ok for everybody?
Sounds great to me. Thanks for getting this set up Neeko.

LSATBuddha

New

Post by LSATBuddha » Sun Jan 23, 2011 4:32 pm

dextermorgan wrote:
neeko wrote:
Sounds great to me. Thanks for getting this set up Neeko.

Yea sounds great...Thanks a lot Neeko!!!

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Yassig

New

Post by Yassig » Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:34 pm

Sounds perfect, thanks for setting this up!

Rahsaan

New

Post by Rahsaan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:29 pm

Can someone pm a link to where the online group is meeting?

neeko

Silver

Post by neeko » Sun Jan 23, 2011 7:55 pm

Rahsaan wrote:Can someone pm a link to where the online group is meeting?
I am getting it all set up with Noah tomorrow then I will post all the info.

Rahsaan

New

Post by Rahsaan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:44 pm

cool

I know this may sound random, but will I be allowed to bring an analog wristwatch for a timer if I keep the watch on my desk instead of my wrist?

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Sun Jan 23, 2011 8:48 pm

Rahsaan wrote:cool

I know this may sound random, but will I be allowed to bring an analog wristwatch for a timer if I keep the watch on my desk instead of my wrist?
Yes.

dextermorgan

Silver

Post by dextermorgan » Sun Jan 23, 2011 9:14 pm

99.9luft wrote:
Rahsaan wrote:cool

Yes.
Although if you have a small desk I would recommend keeping it on.

pkrtbx

New

Post by pkrtbx » Sun Jan 23, 2011 11:23 pm

First PT this afternoon- number 11. Did it "untimed" (timing myself but not cutting off each section at 35min). I actually finished all but LG in well under time, and LG only over because of one game, "apprentices and projects," which I set up terribly.

LG -5, 48:02 (ironically, I ended up getting all of "apprentices and projects" correct, it was the first game that screwed me)
LR -5, 27:40
RC -2, 30:50
LR -3, 30:12

Raw 87, scaled 167.

It's a start but I'd like to be about 10 points higher by June :|

Now the fun of going through all of my wrong answers..........................

LSATBuddha

New

Post by LSATBuddha » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:26 am

Yassig,i am gonna automatically disqualify you from being in this study group on the simple fact that you are a giants fan....lol

of course im jk...but really the giants?

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

O.T.P.

New

Post by O.T.P. » Mon Jan 24, 2011 12:43 pm

neeko wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
neeko wrote:
Manhattan LSAT Noah wrote:
We've sponsored online study groups before (for karma, not $) - provided an online room for them, and some support. If you folks are interested, reach out to us...

How would we get our group started?

We'd look for someone who wants to organize it to reach us (set up a schedule of when you'd all meet. etc.) E-mail us info(at)manhattanlsat(dot)com

Great, thanks. I just sent an email over.

I would be interested in it as well. Thanks for the great idea.

LawQ5

New

Post by LawQ5 » Mon Jan 24, 2011 2:07 pm

I'm scheduled for the June test as well. Geared up to take it last October and then decided to postpone. I'm sort of doing a modified plan based on the ones from lsatblog.

I previously took a kaplan class (horrible waste of money) so I am familiar with the test already. Working on LG this month, as thats my weak spot. I really found the 160+ thread to be very helpful and am taking a lot of TLS1776's advice from this post: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=120471

I think the general advice I've seen about sleeping well and exercising is probably the most helpful so far to me, as it really helps to cut down stress.

Looking forward to studying hard and doing well. Aiming for a 170+

If anyone still needs an online study partner I am available! PM me :)

freestallion

Silver

Post by freestallion » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:02 pm

PT 39: -17, scaled 167. Did really badly.
LG: -7 :( Didn't get to one game at all, and made 3 stupid mistakes.
LR: -3
RC: -5 :(
LR: -2 :)

My goal this week: To focus on point at issue and flaw in reasoning LR question types (which often trip me up) and do corresponding sections in Kaplan Mastery. Also to do 4 logic game sections, twice, to become faster.
Lesson learned: In LG pick an answer and move on quickly, Do not dwell on questions. Also, skip a game if it's hard. Finally, READ each question stem *carefully* because I made 3 silly mistakes by not reading the question/answers correctly.
This week: I will also do at least 1-2 RC passages in which I focus on Voyager's strategy (take notes on each paragraph, write down main point, put box around all words/definitions)

99.9luft

Silver

Post by 99.9luft » Mon Jan 24, 2011 3:21 pm

LawQ5 wrote:I'm scheduled for the June test as well. Geared up to take it last October and then decided to postpone. I'm sort of doing a modified plan based on the ones from lsatblog.

I previously took a kaplan class (horrible waste of money) so I am familiar with the test already. Working on LG this month, as thats my weak spot. I really found the 160+ thread to be very helpful and am taking a lot of TLS1776's advice from this post: http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... 2&t=120471

I think the general advice I've seen about sleeping well and exercising is probably the most helpful so far to me, as it really helps to cut down stress.

Looking forward to studying hard and doing well. Aiming for a 170+

If anyone still needs an online study partner I am available! PM me :)
good. That realization put you ahead of thousands of neurotic TLSers who have yet to understand the importance of a healthy routine and a peaceful-but-alert focus, both of which are necessary for success on gameday.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”