Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Which games were the toughest

Poll ended at Mon Jan 10, 2011 1:48 pm

Game 1
5
5%
Game 2
32
34%
Game 3
54
57%
Game 4
4
4%
 
Total votes: 95

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:48 pm

I have a feeling scores are a-coming today, so I figured I'd plant this poll. We're preparing a workshop to review the last LSAT (free - pm me if you want details) and want to see what folks thought of the games.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:49 pm

1-easy
2-easy(time consuming)
3-medium difficulty
4-easy

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 pm

p.s. i responded in 1 minute lol.

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:52 pm

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brownadam26
Posts: 42
Joined: Wed May 20, 2009 2:33 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Brownadam26 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:54 pm

I was forced to guess the last question of 1 but I know I got everything else right. Game 3 was intereting. I answered all the questions I think lol or guessed the last one of that but 4 were sooooo easy. When I did 4 I felt like a machine lol

Manhattan LSAT Noah
Posts: 746
Joined: Tue Oct 12, 2010 8:43 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Manhattan LSAT Noah » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:02 pm

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Games 2 and 3 were time vampires.

I thought that about the first game of the Oct. LSAT - easy to lose momentum if you struggled to conceptualize the game.

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby robotclubmember » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:42 pm

lakers3peat wrote:1-easy
2-easy(time consuming)
3-medium difficulty
4-easy


When you rate games such that game 2 is considered equal difficulty to game 4, by your own estimation, don't you think that cheapens your ratings? Haha. They mean nothing. If every game is easy, then how do you differentiate between them? By any objective measure, this is silly. If Ebert rates EVERY movie two thumbs up, then that tells us nothing about the quality of ANY of the movies. So I'd say it makes more sense to rate them objectively in comparison to other games...

1 - 3 star difficulty
2 - 5 star difficulty
3 - 5 star difficulty
4 - 1 star difficulty

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Pricer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:57 pm

Game 1: not that bad. 5/10.
Game 2: missed a key inference, took too much time, should not have been that bad. 7/10.
Game 3: had a lot of trouble, definitely harder than others. 9/10.
Game 4: did in only a few minutes, easily finished in 8:45. 4/10.
Games Overall: lack of room, two time consuming games, easiest last. 9/10.

I never have trouble with games. I had six questions left to do when time expired on this test. I go from -0 to -2 on my PTs, but -8 or so on this test.

User avatar
Miss Dalian
Posts: 7
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:37 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Miss Dalian » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:03 pm

The 1 about professors and schedules. #4. :(

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:05 pm

robotclubmember wrote:When you rate games such that game 2 is considered equal difficulty to game 4, by your own estimation, don't you think that cheapens your ratings? Haha. They mean nothing. If every game is easy, then how do you differentiate between them? By any objective measure, this is silly. If Ebert rates EVERY movie two thumbs up, then that tells us nothing about the quality of ANY of the movies. So I'd say it makes more sense to rate them objectively in comparison to other games...

1 - 3 star difficulty
2 - 5 star difficulty
3 - 5 star difficulty
4 - 1 star difficulty


let me redo my post for those of whom demand star rating.

1- 1 star difficulty
2- 2 star difficulty
3- 3.5 star difficulty
4- 1 star difficulty


there you go!! still an easy logic game. you should have studied more!!!

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby KevinP » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:07 pm

lakers3peat wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:When you rate games such that game 2 is considered equal difficulty to game 4, by your own estimation, don't you think that cheapens your ratings? Haha. They mean nothing. If every game is easy, then how do you differentiate between them? By any objective measure, this is silly. If Ebert rates EVERY movie two thumbs up, then that tells us nothing about the quality of ANY of the movies. So I'd say it makes more sense to rate them objectively in comparison to other games...

1 - 3 star difficulty
2 - 5 star difficulty
3 - 5 star difficulty
4 - 1 star difficulty


let me redo my post for those of whom demand star rating.

1- 1 star difficulty
2- 2 star difficulty
3- 3.5 star difficulty
4- 1 star difficulty


there you go!! still an easy logic game. you should have studied more!!!


go away

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:09 pm

Edit: Star rating was kind of pointless. Games 1 and 4 were easy, and I did them first. Game 2 ate up my time and game 3 was an unpleasant surprise.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby robotclubmember » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:11 pm

lakers3peat wrote:let me redo my post for those of whom demand star rating.

1- 1 star difficulty
2- 2 star difficulty
3- 3.5 star difficulty
4- 1 star difficulty


there you go!! still an easy logic game. you should have studied more!!!


So on average this was a 2-star LG section? Geez, I'd hate to see what a 3-star (i.e., average difficulty) LG section looks like, haha.

Looking forward to seeing what your score is! :)

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:22 pm

how can you give game #2 and game #3 FIVE STARS. That means that they are THE HARDEST GAMES POSSIBLE. These games really weren't that tough. THe pale in comparison to others that have been on the test in the past.


Also, 2.5 out of 5 would be average... not 3...

this games section was above average difficulty, but hardly, HARDLY the most difficult logic games section to date..

User avatar
veragood
Posts: 76
Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2010 2:22 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby veragood » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Game 2: Time consuming, not necessarily hard, per se

Game 3: Time consuming AND hard

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby KevinP » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:24 pm

lakers3peat wrote:how can you give game #2 and game #3 FIVE STARS. That means that they are THE HARDEST GAMES POSSIBLE. These games really weren't that tough. THe pale in comparison to others that have been on the test in the past.


Also, 2.5 out of 5 would be average... not 3...

this games section was above average difficulty, but hardly, HARDLY the most difficult logic games section to date..


The older games were easily conquerable once you got the inferences. These games alone weren't that hard but when combined, they were time consuming as freaking hell.

User avatar
Pricer
Posts: 558
Joined: Tue Jan 19, 2010 9:25 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Pricer » Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:30 pm

KevinP wrote:
lakers3peat wrote:how can you give game #2 and game #3 FIVE STARS. That means that they are THE HARDEST GAMES POSSIBLE. These games really weren't that tough. THe pale in comparison to others that have been on the test in the past.


Also, 2.5 out of 5 would be average... not 3...

this games section was above average difficulty, but hardly, HARDLY the most difficult logic games section to date..


The older games were easily conquerable once you got the inferences. These games alone weren't that hard but when combined, they were time consuming as freaking hell.


I think that was the problem most people had. It was not so much any single game, but the combination of all four. I struggled with game three more than any single other game I have ever encountered, but I think I missed something because I was so crunched for time after game two.

User avatar
kitmitzi
Posts: 78
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 7:22 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby kitmitzi » Mon Jan 03, 2011 4:22 pm

I struggled with game three more than any single other game I have ever encountered


Completely agree. Game two was kind of slow but not too hard. I just sat there and stared at game three for a good minute. Didn't get any diagram/inference so I just tested every answer choice for every problem until I ran out of time. such a fail. (and I disagree with "you should have studied more". I usually get -0 on LG and I know for sure I got several on 3 wrong)

User avatar
chrissyc
Posts: 257
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 5:14 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby chrissyc » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:07 pm

well...I've done ALL of the super tough games for practice....and I can say that these games were definitely NOT easy as a collective group; however, the last game was so easy that it kind of minimized the OVERALL games difficulty. I'd say this was about a 7/10 for the entire games section. for each game...

1: pretty tough/time consuming: 6.5/10
2: 7.5/10
3: 7.5/10
4. 5/10...straight forward

User avatar
robotclubmember
Posts: 743
Joined: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:53 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby robotclubmember » Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:10 pm

lakers3peat wrote: 2.5 out of 5 would be average... not 3...


I am afraid that that is not correct. In a range of 1 to 5, 3 is the average. The sum of 1 and 5 is 6. 6 divided by 2 is 3. This is how averages are calculated.

robotclubmember wrote:
lakers3peat wrote:let me redo my post for those of whom demand star rating.

1- 1 star difficulty
2- 2 star difficulty
3- 3.5 star difficulty
4- 1 star difficulty


there you go!! still an easy logic game. you should have studied more!!!


1+2+3.5+1 = 7.5

7.5 / 4 = 1.875

You have this LG rated below 2 star difficulty and you're terrible at math. Not that I get my rocks off by correcting others but you invited it.

That said, I don't equate 5-star with most difficult games possible. I equate it with top 20% of the scale in terms of game difficulty. But stars always mean different things to different people. That said, I would not characterize this LG section as a whole as being a 1.9, nor would I say that games 2 and 3 were not in the top quintile of games difficulty. Anyone with PT averages in the 170~180 range would likely agree, objectively speaking.

....Old debate is old.

User avatar
Attorney
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Attorney » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:26 pm

lakers3peat wrote:
robotclubmember wrote:When you rate games such that game 2 is considered equal difficulty to game 4, by your own estimation, don't you think that cheapens your ratings? Haha. They mean nothing. If every game is easy, then how do you differentiate between them? By any objective measure, this is silly. If Ebert rates EVERY movie two thumbs up, then that tells us nothing about the quality of ANY of the movies. So I'd say it makes more sense to rate them objectively in comparison to other games...

1 - 3 star difficulty
2 - 5 star difficulty
3 - 5 star difficulty
4 - 1 star difficulty


let me redo my post for those of whom demand star rating.

1- 1 star difficulty
2- 2 star difficulty
3- 3.5 star difficulty
4- 1 star difficulty


there you go!! still an easy logic game. you should have studied more!!!


You fail logical reasoning.

Studying more does not change the relative hardness of PS 62 LG versus other LG sections. In other words, studying is irrelevant to this question.


robotclubmember wrote:
lakers3peat wrote: 2.5 out of 5 would be average... not 3...


I am afraid that that is not correct. In a range of 1 to 5, 3 is the average. The sum of 1 and 5 is 6. 6 divided by 2 is 3. This is how averages are calculated.

LOL, and it gets worse? Just quit now Kobe.

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby josh43299 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:48 pm

I don't know... I did a ton of PTs and felt like, other than the 4th game, it was the hardest section as a whole I have taken. The lack of space did not help.

User avatar
lakers3peat
Posts: 493
Joined: Thu Sep 16, 2010 7:10 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby lakers3peat » Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:57 pm

this logic games section was easy.. you are all just stupid people. sorry. enjoy your stay at cooley

p.s. the range is from 0 stars to 5 stars not 1 star to 5 stars you dumbass.

User avatar
Attorney
Posts: 332
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:52 am

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby Attorney » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

lakers3peat wrote:this logic games section was easy.. you are all just stupid people. sorry. enjoy your stay at cooley

p.s. the range is from 0 stars to 5 stars not 1 star to 5 stars you dumbass.

You fail at logic.... yet again! Twice over. :lol:

Go find us a review of a 0-star hotel or restaurant, and then get back to us. Until then, you are the weakest link.
Last edited by Attorney on Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

josh43299
Posts: 207
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 8:29 pm

Re: Which game on the Dec. LSAT was toughest?

Postby josh43299 » Mon Jan 03, 2011 9:04 pm

lakers3peat wrote:this logic games section was easy.. you are all just stupid people. sorry. enjoy your stay at cooley

p.s. the range is from 0 stars to 5 stars not 1 star to 5 stars you dumbass.



I personally found it difficult, it may just be because of the anxiety.
Last edited by josh43299 on Mon Jan 03, 2011 10:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ebmus11 and 7 guests