JUNE LSAT Bound! Need help, drop any advices :)

DoctorLaw

JUNE LSAT Bound! Need help, drop any advices :)

Postby DoctorLaw » Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:43 pm

OK TLS,

Heres the deal after my horrible day of looking at my LSAT score (1st attempt) of JUNE test, I have been away from the books and any prep and just focused on my last semester in under-grad. Now, I am done with my degree and I have my most time to focus back on LSAT Prep.

What do you guys suggest how should I tackle to better prepare myself for the June Test, Becasue second time around I want to be comfortable with all the material.

For my June preparations: I took a 2.5 month Testmasters test prep eventho I boosted 10 points ion the pts.. I went down on the real test :'(.. Now keeping that behind me and looking for a better score this new 2011 year. I need any advice you guys can provide me with.

I have my old testmasters books along with PS Bibles of RC and LR (although both are marked, since the brand new ones are hard to find for a cheaper value).

I want to offically start my Prep TOM, with a first Diagnostic.

any studying methods, plans, or ways; you guys have used for your studying for the test will be much appreciated..

Thanks and GOOD LUCK to the test takers for FEB TEST!! Ciao

tourdeforcex

Re: JUNE LSAT Bound! Need help, drop any advices :)

Postby tourdeforcex » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:14 pm

i think the most important part of your study should be based on how you answer the next question: what went wrong w/ june 2010? you improved on the PTs but not on the real deal. why was that?

as generally for retakers: still, PTs are the way to go. and CONSTANT INTENSIVE REVIEW. always figure out WHY you got that wrong and WHY you got that answer right. get your timing down. identify, review, and improve your weaknesses.

next thing i think of is: don't burn out. pace it out. you want to peak in june not in march. maybe you can even put off intensive prep until march actually.

eaglemuncher

Postby eaglemuncher » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:20 pm

tourdeforcex wrote:i think the most important part of your study should be based on how you answer the next question: what went wrong w/ june 2010? you improved on the PTs but not on the real deal. why was that?

as generally for retakers: still, PTs are the way to go. and CONSTANT INTENSIVE REVIEW. always figure out WHY you got that wrong and WHY you got that answer right. get your timing down. identify, review, and improve your weaknesses.

next thing i think of is: don't burn out. pace it out. you want to peak in june not in march. maybe you can even put off intensive prep until march actually.

This is exactly right. I did every PT i could find but didn't go over them thoroughly after I took them. I did well but I think I would have done better if I had taken more time to look over the PT's after taking them.

eaglemuncher

Postby eaglemuncher » Sun Jan 02, 2011 10:21 pm

Also , I am currently reading the 48 Laws of Power

DoctorLaw

Postby DoctorLaw » Mon Jan 03, 2011 12:31 am

thanks for the advice!!!
My absolute worse section is RC :/... And i did bad for june becasue one, i ran out of time during the sections, and was very nervous taking the test, I did about 6-7 pts into it but after reading on the tls ppl do like 20+ so I guess i have alot to change for the second time around

and

yes 48 laws of power is a great book.

TLSanders

Postby TLSanders » Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:22 pm

eaglemuncher wrote:This is exactly right. I did every PT i could find but didn't go over them thoroughly after I took them. I did well but I think I would have done better if I had taken more time to look over the PT's after taking them.

If you keep doing practice tests and you don't review, you could actually be doing more harm than good; whatever it is that you're doing wrong, you're getting deeply ingrained as you repeat it over and over again on test after test. You should never do another practice test until you have something new to bring to the experience--something you've perfected in single question type practice or learned from your review of the previous test or whatever.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”