How should I approach the Powerscore Bibles? Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
Underdog180

New

How should I approach the Powerscore Bibles?

Post by Underdog180 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:22 pm

I recently just bought the Powerscore Bible Trilogy, and I was wondering how should I begin my studying. Is there a specific recommended order to reading these? Does it matter if I read the LR first then LG, or the other way around? I also plan to complete each bible before moving on to the next, instead of juggling and mixing each bible. Also, should I be highlighting or taking notes inside the bibles? What are some of the procedures you guys have done?

Revolver066

Bronze

Re: How should I approach the Powerscore Bibles?

Post by Revolver066 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:46 pm

Personally, I understood logic games much better after reading the LR bible, mostly because it was easier to grasp formal logic for me with the LR bible. I suspect this is because I am much more familiar with reading statements/arguments than I am in diagramming them, so the information was much more accessible. Didn't read the RC one. I didn't take notes really but did complete all the exercises on separate sheets of paper and did them until they were 100 percent correct. Just make sure not to move on until you understand exactly what the problem is asking and why you got it wrong (if you did).

Like I'm sure you've read/will read over and over again, just do it slowly, and make sure it's correct. Your speed will build up in time. GL!

futurej.d.

New

Post by futurej.d. » Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:52 pm

Split up the chapters so you're not ploughing through one book in a few weeks (I'd imagine you'd get pretty sick of whatever section you'd do that for, which would result in deteriorating performance). After doing a few chapters from each, do a diagnostic to gauge where you're at. Wash, rinse, repeat.

SRQmarie

New

Post by SRQmarie » Fri Dec 31, 2010 6:10 pm

After I took a couple of practice exams, I saw that Logic Games was my weakest area, so I started on that PowerScore Bible first. I found it better for me to deep dive into one area until I felt I had a handle on it. I'd work on some chapters one day, and then do a entire practice exam the next. Once I completed the LG bible, I went on to the LR bible and did the same thing. RC was really not an issue for me once I speeded up my reading, so I didn't use that bible. Good luck!!

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”