Advice for LSAT Prep??

jer.smith83

Advice for LSAT Prep??

Postby jer.smith83 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:24 pm

Hello. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on taking the LSAT for a second time? I've decided to go with PowerScore. I purchased the Logic Games Bible since that was where I struggled the most. I'm going to also go through a lot of the Kaplan stuff on logical reasoning because its free for me to re-take the kaplan course. I'm hoping to supplement Kaplan Strategies that worked with PowerScore strategies for the areas I struggled with. Got a 153 the first time; hoping for a 160-165 this time. I think half the battle is having taken the test. Now, I just need to refine skills. Any advice is greatly appreciated!

iphone7

Re: Advice for LSAT Prep??

Postby iphone7 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:28 pm

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 am

Read the sticky threads and try the search function before making a new thread to ask the most common super vague generic LSAT prep question in existence.

It's been asked 96893789437589 or so times and answered in excruciating detail many of those times.

Not trying to be rude or anything (ok maybe a little), but seriously, start reading the info in front of you that is just mouse clicks away and ask much more specific questions to get specific advice. Otherwise you might as well have titled the thread "What do I do to score 170?" and not been surprised by replies like "Select and bubble in the credited answer choice for ~90 of the questions"

BTW, mixing prep source methods is generally a bad idea, especially when Kaplan is one of them. Powerscore LSAT prep resources are superior to those offered by Kaplan.

LSAT Blog

Postby LSAT Blog » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:29 am

jer.smith83 wrote:Hello. Just wondering if anyone had any advice on taking the LSAT for a second time?

To be fair, the OP's first question is about retake advice, not the super-common "what is the best way to prepare?" question. Of course, many of the same answers would still apply.

OP - what did you do aside from taking Kaplan? At the very least, you can use the free retake to get a clean set of books containing real LSAT questions.

I prefer the branching method for relative ordering games (used by Kaplan and many others) to the greater-than symbol used by PS.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 am

The branching method is awesome.

OP, for a re-take, I can't stress this enough, REDO PT's YOU'VE DONE BEFORE (after studying material and coming up with a NEW game plan). I found that although my scores were somewhat inflated after redoing PT's, questions I used to get wrong I was getting right not because I remembered them but because I was better understanding what to look for and how to apply it (if that makes sense). Try it and see how it goes. Also don't use pre40's for LR close to the test, LR's nowadays focus on different question types/flaws than in the past.

jer.smith83

Postby jer.smith83 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:26 pm

Thank you all for your feedback (again). I bought the PowerScore Bible and already feel more confident based on their explanations. Goign to practice a TON this time. Just need to get a schedule together. Fingers crossed for a 163!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”