Question

Reds622

Question

Postby Reds622 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:06 pm

Im not quite sure why I am even posting this (probably redundant), but more for peace of mind. I was practicing between 162-167 consistently for the past 3 months. Day of the test comes and I thought it goes ok. Reading Comp was probably my worst section, Dental Caries not quite sure how I did, last passage had to rush through as 5 mins was called. It all seems like a blur but for the last passage it almost felt like I was almost "picking" answers if you know what I mean. Logic games went ok. Got all of the first game I think (except the last question on that game might be a bit of a ? mark). Last game of course I got all of it, Conferences I think I got all of em, but everyone saying how difficult it was is making me rethink as I dont remember having to tough a time. My problem was I left windows last and it had the most questions on it. I got through three, guessed on the rest. My first LR section was tricky ( with babies and ladders) Im not sure if this is allowed but on that question was the obvious answer the right one? Or was it tricky? My second LR sections I killed I think, finished with 3 minutes or so remaining. So for the past 3 weeks Ive been freaking out, this is my third time taking it and I need to go to school in the fall. No more delaying for me. Im not sure if this is a normal test result or if I goofed. I guess im looking for peace of mind over anything, but just not sure how this is going to turn out. In my mind I just dont see how I could have scored above a 165, and I keep telling myself that I scored in the mid 150's, although I can be confused for an eternal pessimist. Anyone have anything to offer? My target school is my undergraduate institution which is ranked between 40-60.

Thanks

kkklick

Re: Question

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:11 pm

I'm not really sure what your asking for? There's not much you can do at this point, you're score is already determined. Go with how you felt coming out.

Reds622

Postby Reds622 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 pm

I guess what I am asking is it normal to feel like you did not perform at your normal abilities and still score within your range? Is it test anxiety? Or if I have a feeling that I did not do quite as well as my practice exams is that the score Im staring at? Again probably all redundant, but reassuring.

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 pm

Your score is coming out this week probably... why make this thread now?

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:18 pm

Reds622 wrote:I guess what I am asking is it normal to feel like you did not perform at your normal abilities and still score within your range? Is it test anxiety? Or if I have a feeling that I did not do quite as well as my practice exams is that the score Im staring at? Again probably all redundant, but reassuring.

I felt like I scored 175+ in Oct and ended up getting 167. It can go either way

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:22 pm

I said theres no way I scored lower than 165 after the test Oct - I scored 164 in Oct.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:35 pm

Like the above have stated, how you feel you did doesn't mean anything TBH. I just suggested trusting your gut to maybe calm you down a bit as you do seemed stressed. No point in stressing, just appreciate the calm before the storm.

Reds622

Postby Reds622 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:39 pm

kkklick wrote:Like the above have stated, how you feel you did doesn't mean anything TBH. I just suggested trusting your gut to maybe calm you down a bit as you do seemed stressed. No point in stressing, just appreciate the calm before the storm.

Good advice.
Last edited by Reds622 on Mon Apr 30, 2012 1:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nonok

Postby Nonok » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Reds622 wrote:
kkklick wrote:Like the above have stated, how you feel you did doesn't mean anything TBH. I just suggested trusting your gut to maybe calm you down a bit as you do seemed stressed. No point in stressing, just appreciate the calm before the storm.

Good advice. Anyone have any opinions on how a law school feels about applicants who come from its undergrad institution? Good thing, bad thing? I just feel like Im right on the bubble with my target school, and I really really want to go there.

It's looked upon favorably, but its affect on your application is very small.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”