Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

mapleleaf
Posts: 13
Joined: Fri Oct 22, 2010 12:27 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby mapleleaf » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:15 am

I'm sure they're waiting to release the scores because they care about us and they want us to be able to savor the sweet feelings of anticipation. Those guys at LSAC are such fine fellows.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:18 am

I think you should update the title of this thread every day.

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:54 am

.
Last edited by iceland on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 11:58 am

January 3rd 8:43 am

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:02 pm

kkklick wrote:January 3rd 8:43 am

Pretty precise, but what about the milliseconds? I think microseconds or nanoseconds or any smaller fraction of second would be silly. Though, since you seem to know when, perhaps it's not so silly...

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:15 pm

iceland wrote:
kkklick wrote:January 3rd 8:43 am

Pretty precise, but what about the milliseconds? I think microseconds or nanoseconds or any smaller fraction of second would be silly. Though, since you seem to know when, perhaps it's not so silly...

I've been doing a ton of reading into release dates for the various administrations. On the LSAC website they say that they email scores approximately 3 weeks, with the earliest release I've seen being 17 days. Factor in holidays, plus the December trend from the last 2 years, I don't think it is reasonable to think scores will come out before New Year's because LSAC wants our apps to go in ASAP, they have never released scores in Jan, they only release scores when they're closed (I am starting to think that's just a coincidence) etc.

January 3rd makes sense, and if I'm right on which day, they will most likely be released starting early in the morning.

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 pm

.
Last edited by iceland on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:38 pm

kkklick wrote:
iceland wrote:
kkklick wrote:January 3rd 8:43 am

Pretty precise, but what about the milliseconds? I think microseconds or nanoseconds or any smaller fraction of second would be silly. Though, since you seem to know when, perhaps it's not so silly...

I've been doing a ton of reading into release dates for the various administrations. On the LSAC website they say that they email scores approximately 3 weeks, with the earliest release I've seen being 17 days. Factor in holidays, plus the December trend from the last 2 years, I don't think it is reasonable to think scores will come out before New Year's because LSAC wants our apps to go in ASAP, they have never released scores in Jan, they only release scores when they're closed (I am starting to think that's just a coincidence) etc.

January 3rd makes sense, and if I'm right on which day, they will most likely be released starting early in the morning.

If you happen to be right about this, waiting 6 more days is really not that bad.

legallyb
Posts: 49
Joined: Sun Dec 26, 2010 12:47 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby legallyb » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:40 pm

Why doesn't anyone think this Friday is likely? It's both a Friday and a day they are closed. Plus, it's 20 days after the test. I think Friday is likely.

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:40 pm

iwanta170 wrote:If you happen to be right about this, waiting 6 more days is really not that bad.

Sure, but that's a big if.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:40 pm

iceland wrote:OK. But three weeks is equal to 15 business days. And, LSAC is closed from December 24 through December 31. So, 15 business days from December 11, 2010 puts us at January 10, 2011.

Remember, LSAC also had to deal with rescheduling, etc. the test for folks whose test centers were closed on December 11.

I'm sticking with January 10 as the magic date.

LSAC is always closed this time of the year and I'm sure often has problems with rescheduling. January 10 is unrealistic

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:43 pm

iwanta170 wrote:LSAC is always closed this time of the year and I'm sure often has problems with rescheduling. January 10 is unrealistic

Now now, don't silly.

un·re·al·is·tic (nr--lstk) adj.
Not compatible with reality or fact


Thus, Jan 10 is certainly not unrealistic. After all, it's the date LSAC themselves proposed.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 12:49 pm

iceland wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:LSAC is always closed this time of the year and I'm sure often has problems with rescheduling. January 10 is unrealistic

Now now, don't silly.

un·re·al·is·tic (nr--lstk) adj.
Not compatible with reality or fact


Thus, Jan 10 is certainly not unrealistic. After all, it's the date LSAC themselves proposed.

Lol well tell me this: When was the last time the LSAT scores were released on the actual scheduled date?

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:03 pm

.
Last edited by iceland on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:04 pm

iceland wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:Lol well tell me this: When was the last time the LSAT scores were released on the actual scheduled date?

That's irrelevant. Don't make a logical fallacy. You know that you can't assume that just because it hasn't happened for some time (even possibly ever) that it won't happen in the future.

Moreover, most of the date-release analyses account only for absolute number of dates, not business days. For example, last year LSAC had at least 13 business days before going on holiday. It was a minimum of 12 in 2008. In 2007, they had 15, but released scores 14 business days after the test.

So, you really think that they did everything they needed to do in a matter of nine business days? They would had to have, if scores are to be released before January 3, 2011. Well, I for one don't.

Right, you can think they will come out January 10th, it certainly is a possibility, but IMO it is highly unlikely.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:06 pm

Also you are assuming that they work only during business days, and that there are no employees working during the week of the 24th-31st. Just because LSAC is "closed" doesn't mean no one is working.

*Insert skeleton crew reference here*

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:10 pm

.
Last edited by iceland on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:13 pm

iceland wrote:
kkklick wrote:Right, you can think they will come out January 10th, it certainly is a possibility, but IMO it is highly unlikely.

Unlikely - perhaps. Highly unlikely - not.

January 3 seems highly unlikely based on my analysis.

kkklick wrote:Also you are assuming that they work only during business days, and that there are no employees working during the week of the 24th-31st. Just because LSAC is "closed" doesn't mean no one is working.

*Insert skeleton crew reference here*

OK, and why are you assuming that people are working at LSAC? Heck, who cares? Because, either way, the number of official business days before LSAC's official holidays doesn't change.

I never assumed anyone was working, I mentioned it as a possibility, not absolute. Either way this type of debate is useless because we have no sound basis or facts to draw any meaningful conclusions. No one has figured out how LSAC works, and it is unlikely we'll find out in the near future.

Lets just wait and see.

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:17 pm

.
Last edited by iceland on Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
kkklick
Posts: 1021
Joined: Mon Jun 07, 2010 8:33 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby kkklick » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:21 pm

iceland wrote:
kkklick wrote:I never assumed anyone was working, I mentioned it as a possibility, not absolute. Either way this type of debate is useless because we have no sound basis or facts to draw any meaningful conclusions. No one has figured out how LSAC works, and it is unlikely we'll find out in the near future.

Lets just wait and see.

Agreed!

But all this debate and conjecture is fun, IMHO. No hard feelings, I hope! :mrgreen:

Nope I like debating it kills time :P. It sucks that LSAC lacks transparency so all of our arguments are based on nothing more than mere speculation.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:23 pm

kkklick wrote:
iceland wrote:
kkklick wrote:I never assumed anyone was working, I mentioned it as a possibility, not absolute. Either way this type of debate is useless because we have no sound basis or facts to draw any meaningful conclusions. No one has figured out how LSAC works, and it is unlikely we'll find out in the near future.

Lets just wait and see.

Agreed!

But all this debate and conjecture is fun, IMHO. No hard feelings, I hope! :mrgreen:

Nope I like debating it kills time :P. It sucks that LSAC lacks transparency so all of our arguments are based on nothing more than mere speculation.


LSAT
E
E
K
S

Start it.

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:25 pm

:roll:
Last edited by iceland on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
3|ink
Posts: 7331
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:23 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby 3|ink » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:27 pm

iceland wrote:
3|ink wrote:LSAT
E
E
K
S

Start it.

What would Obama think?

He'd start smoking again.

iceland
Posts: 74
Joined: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:21 am

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iceland » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:32 pm

:P
Last edited by iceland on Tue Jan 04, 2011 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
iwanta170
Posts: 445
Joined: Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:27 pm

Re: Anyone out there checking for Dec lsat today the 27th?

Postby iwanta170 » Tue Dec 28, 2010 1:57 pm

iceland wrote:
iwanta170 wrote:Lol well tell me this: When was the last time the LSAT scores were released on the actual scheduled date?

That's irrelevant. Don't make a logical fallacy. You know that you can't assume that just because it hasn't happened for some time (even possibly ever) that it won't happen in the future.

Moreover, most of the date-release analyses account only for absolute number of dates, not business days. For example, last year LSAC had at least 13 business days before going on holiday. It was a minimum of 12 in 2008. In 2007, they had 15, but released scores 14 business days after the test.

So, you really think that they did everything they needed to do in a matter of nine business days? They would had to have, if scores are to be released before January 3, 2011. Well, I for one don't.

The fact that the scores are rarely (if ever) released on the scheduled date provides support for my assertion that a January 10 release date is unrealistic (though obviously still possible).




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Majestic-12 [Bot], mintme, mukol, Pozzo, theGrinch, VMars and 13 guests