-15 curve almost guaranteed Forum

Prepare for the LSAT or discuss it with others in this forum.
jblev1

New

Re: -15 curve almost guaranteed

Post by jblev1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:29 pm

kkklick wrote:
KevinP wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I didn't see a lot of people saying a huge curve for oct, infact most of us nailed it at -12.

This test seemed oddly familiar to some of the mid 20s - insane lg, yielding a huge curve. This is TLS, of course people will say this test was as easy as October but thats impossible.
This test was definitely harder than October. Let's just hope LSAC's prophets with their pre-determined equating agree.
I think this is an agreed upon fact. The December test was harder. By how much is the real question. A -12/-13 curve should be the absolute least we see, assuming that they don't drop a question, which I don't think they will.
They said on their site the test comes in a 100-103 question format, so I don't think they will drop a question either.

robotclubmember

Silver

Post by robotclubmember » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:28 pm

2011L1 wrote:Dec wasn't that damn hard! whats up with all the tears??? -12 or -13 if they giving out an xmas kwanza gift! June was a harder test. the games were easy if you could handle no space for the 1st one and Rc was the only section that threw me for a curve but it always does :(
Seriously? GTFO.
2011L1 wrote:
deakon10 wrote:Our proctor let us do anything... figured she was new. But basically had extra 10 minutes (5 minute warning def came after the 35 minutes was up). also didn't collect anything during the break, let us have water out, and digital watches.

Guaranteed 180 for the whole group.

;)
sounds like you were where I was, lol
So you had extra time, and you're going to preach to us how easy the test was when you basically got away with cheating? If I had an extra five minutes on each section of the LSAT, it would be a 180 every time. That's an enormous difference.

Look man. First of all, fuck you. Second of all, seriously, fuck you. Third of all, it was harder than June, period.

2Serious4Numbers

Bronze

Post by 2Serious4Numbers » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:35 pm

keep dreaming...

kkklick

Silver

Post by kkklick » Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:41 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
2011L1 wrote:Dec wasn't that damn hard! whats up with all the tears??? -12 or -13 if they giving out an xmas kwanza gift! June was a harder test. the games were easy if you could handle no space for the 1st one and Rc was the only section that threw me for a curve but it always does :(
Seriously? GTFO.
2011L1 wrote:
deakon10 wrote:Our proctor let us do anything... figured she was new. But basically had extra 10 minutes (5 minute warning def came after the 35 minutes was up). also didn't collect anything during the break, let us have water out, and digital watches.

;)
If this is true, that's messed up. 40 minutes per section is a HUGE difference.
So you had extra time, and you're going to preach to us how easy the test was when you basically got away with cheating? If I had an extra five minutes on each section of the LSAT, it would be a 180 every time. That's an enormous difference.

Look man. First of all, fuck you. Second of all, seriously, fuck you. Third of all, it was harder than June, period.

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:45 pm

kkklick wrote:
KevinP wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:I didn't see a lot of people saying a huge curve for oct, infact most of us nailed it at -12.

This test seemed oddly familiar to some of the mid 20s - insane lg, yielding a huge curve. This is TLS, of course people will say this test was as easy as October but thats impossible.
This test was definitely harder than October. Let's just hope LSAC's prophets with their pre-determined equating agree.
I think this is an agreed upon fact. The December test was harder. By how much is the real question. A -12/-13 curve should be the absolute least we see, assuming that they don't drop a question, which I don't think they will.
I disagree. And I think it will be a -12 or -13
The 160 curve however will probably be HUGE....unprecedented in fact.
Last edited by well-hello-there on Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:46 pm

well-hello-there wrote:I disagree.
I have silenced your dissent!

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I would kill for a -15 curve. If I did well on LG (I think so?) then I feel pretty good.

LR1 seemed simple, RC was all good minus the final passage, LR2 - a bit tougher, I know I missed at least 1. LG - Up in the air, I might have choked on stained glass windows + conference or I might have been all good.

165+ and I would be ecstatic.

$1.99

Silver

Post by $1.99 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 pm

based on past observations, those who have flooded tls boards with comments like "it was easy" ended up backing up their words with "i am stunned at my crap score" on release days

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:48 pm

SrLaw wrote:I would kill for a -15 curve.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:53 pm

Attorney wrote:
SrLaw wrote:I would kill for a -15 curve.

What is the TLS consensus on the release date? January 3?

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:56 pm

$1.99 wrote:based on past observations, those who have flooded tls boards with comments like "it was easy" ended up backing up their words with "i am stunned at my crap score" on release days
Not gonna happen here. If all these people who got owned by that first game because they panicked and forgot all their studying and practice when they saw how little space there was are right about the -15 curve, then I'll be "stunned" by my even better than expected score.

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:56 pm

SrLaw wrote:What is the TLS consensus on the release date? January 3?
Attorney wrote:
Attorney wrote:
Attorney wrote:
jr1886 wrote:I picked January 3rd but Im leaning toward January 5th Now.
HEAR YE, HEAR YE.
Scores will be released on Tuesday, January 4, 2011 starting at 2:41 PM ET.
Attorney has spoken.
But yeah, the consensus seems to be the 3rd.

jblev1

New

Post by jblev1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:58 pm

$1.99 wrote:based on past observations, those who have flooded tls boards with comments like "it was easy" ended up backing up their words with "i am stunned at my crap score" on release days
That is bad news for me, it seemed like I was guessing what type of answer I was going to see before I finished reading the questions. And the RC seemed easy, although the LG seemed freaking tough, too long to finish in the time, maybe with 10 more minutes. I was hoping for a mid 160's but I may be shocked by a 150 something so it seems. Thank you for this early lol

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:03 pm

jblev1 wrote:
That is bad news for me, it seemed like I was guessing what type of answer I was going to see before I finished reading the questions.
Actually, I think you did really well on LR then. This is how I always approach LR (guess the answer before reading the multiple choice) and I average between -0 and -1 on those sections, with a rare -2 here and there.

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:05 pm

jblev1 wrote:
That is bad news for me, it seemed like I was guessing what type of answer I was going to see before I finished reading the questions. And the RC seemed easy, although the LG seemed freaking tough, too long to finish in the time, maybe with 10 more minutes. I was hoping for a mid 160's but I may be shocked by a 150 something so it seems. Thank you for this early lol
No! RC WAS easy. LR WAS easy and the LG definitely threw off most of the mid 160's crowd but the generous 160 curve will undoubtedly help you out and you'll get your mid 160 score. As for the 170 scorers, we all found the LG easy and the test pre-equating process will take that into account. -12 or -13 for a 170.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:08 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
jblev1 wrote:
No! RC WAS easy. LR WAS easy and the LG definitely threw off most of the mid 160's crowd but the generous 160 curve will undoubtedly help you out and you'll get your mid 160 score. As for the 170 scorers, we all found the LG easy and the test pre-equating process will take that into account. -12 or -13 for a 170.

-13 curve is my prediction. I would say -14 is more likely than -12 and -15 is more likely than -11.

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:09 pm

well-hello-there wrote:As for the 170 scorers, we all found the LG easy
You are a lying liar who lies about lying!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:12 pm

SrLaw wrote:-13 curve is my prediction. I would say -14 is more likely than -12 and -15 is more likely than -11.
Pretty much what I think, maybe a smidge more generous. -14 as prediction, -13 close behind, then -15 and -12 way behind. Then -11 with a 0.01% chance and -16 clocking in at 0.001%.

jblev1

New

Post by jblev1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:20 pm

Attorney wrote:
SrLaw wrote:-13 curve is my prediction. I would say -14 is more likely than -12 and -15 is more likely than -11.
Pretty much what I think, maybe a smidge more generous. -14 as prediction, -13 close behind, then -15 and -12 way behind. Then -11 with a 0.01% chance and -16 clocking in at 0.001%.
With 102 questions? That means you have to get 89 correct for a 170! Or 88 with a -14! That is rough man, that low of a curve makes a high question test harder, not easier. I am going with OP on this one, -15 for real.

2011L1

New

Post by 2011L1 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:23 pm

robotclubmember wrote:
Seriously? GTFO.
2011L1 wrote:

;)

internet gangsters get no love lol. go somewhere and do a push up clown

Attorney

Bronze

Post by Attorney » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:26 pm

jblev1 wrote:Or 88 with a -14! That is rough man, that low of a curve makes a high question test harder, not easier. I am going with OP on this one, -15 for real.
"That low of a curve" would be tied for the most generous curve since the 1990s. Most of the people reading this weren't even born in the 1990s! Okay, slight exaggeration but you totally get it.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

well-hello-there

Bronze

Post by well-hello-there » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:28 pm

jblev1 wrote:
Attorney wrote:
With 102 questions? That means you have to get 89 correct for a 170! Or 88 with a -14! That is rough man, that low of a curve makes a high question test harder, not easier. I am going with OP on this one, -15 for real.
I bet LSAC would omit a question that has nothing wrong with it simply in order to make the actual score distribution better approximate their ideal percentiles.

SrLaw

Silver

Post by SrLaw » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:32 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
jblev1 wrote:
Attorney wrote:
I bet LSAC would omit a question that has nothing wrong with it simply in order to make the actual score distribution better approximate their ideal percentiles.

Agreed

SchopenhauerFTW

Gold

Post by SchopenhauerFTW » Mon Dec 27, 2010 11:51 pm

well-hello-there wrote:
kkklick wrote:
KevinP wrote:

I disagree. And I think it will be a -12 or -13
The 160 curve however will probably be HUGE....unprecedented in fact.
As a 160+ scorer who has never broken 170, this is my main concern. I kept the 170 and 160 curves in mind while I was taking PTs, and I was actually surprised by the noticeable fluctuations between the two. I think the 170+ test takers will be fine, but I think the 160+ people struggled significantly more with this test. I'll probably go through the raw score charts of past tests to make a prediction. How much wiggle room do you think there will be?

TaylorY

New

Post by TaylorY » Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:00 am

I agree. I think the people who normally score in the 160's are probably going to have to worry the most for this test. Would love to see your analysis on # of questions correct for the 160s....

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”