December 2010 LR

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby SupraVln180 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 8:26 pm

arabic06 wrote:Were there any numbers/statistics flaws within any weaken, strengthen, or flaw type questions?


No, but there was a Lil Wayne question.

Sandro
Posts: 2526
Joined: Sat Jul 18, 2009 12:12 am

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 29, 2010 9:11 pm

If we say yes - what does that do for you ? Do you study more of these? Do you tell your students to study them for hours each day? Why are you concerned with only this type of question, which are usually not that hard ?

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby Jeffort » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:09 pm

Sandro777 wrote:If we say yes - what does that do for you ? Do you study more of these? Do you tell your students to study them for hours each day? Why are you concerned with only this type of question, which are usually not that hard ?


He might be trying to find the key to the LSAT cipher so he can decode and read all the secret messages encrypted within the LSAT that are hidden in and spread across many test forms. Kinda like in the Da Vinci Code or like finding the secret codes and clues needed to control spaceship Destiny in order to discover and unlock the secrets of creation and existence like in Stargate Universe.

You need numbers and math stuff to decode secret coded messages. :wink:

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:43 pm

Jeffort wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:If we say yes - what does that do for you ? Do you study more of these? Do you tell your students to study them for hours each day? Why are you concerned with only this type of question, which are usually not that hard ?


He might be trying to find the key to the LSAT cipher so he can decode and read all the secret messages encrypted within the LSAT that are hidden in and spread across many test forms. Kinda like in the Da Vinci Code or like finding the secret codes and clues needed to control spaceship Destiny in order to discover and unlock the secrets of creation and existence like in Stargate Universe.

You need numbers and math stuff to decode secret coded messages. :wink:



It's either that or he's writing his own prep book.

arabic06
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 am

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby arabic06 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:03 am

is that a yes then? :mrgreen:

SupraVln180
Posts: 883
Joined: Mon Apr 19, 2010 10:50 pm

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby SupraVln180 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 10:45 am

arabic06 wrote:is that a yes then? :mrgreen:


it's a no, but it may be a yes.

arabic06
Posts: 44
Joined: Fri Jun 11, 2010 3:01 am

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby arabic06 » Thu Dec 30, 2010 11:49 pm

so is that a yes and a no?

User avatar
TLSanders
Posts: 163
Joined: Thu Dec 30, 2010 1:24 am

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby TLSanders » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:01 am

I think the reaction to this simple question is kind of amusing, but also shows how thin the LSAT has some people stretched. After I'd read about three posts in this thread, I considered responding that OP was probably in the standardized test prep industry and looking for information as to the continuing relevance of a classic question time that has definitely diminished in importance/frequency of appearance over time. I decided to read the whole thread first and...surprise...the simplest answer was the right one. If this were an inference question, a lot of people would have been bombing it (after letting it eat up far too much time)

SchopenhauerFTW
Posts: 1793
Joined: Sun Oct 10, 2010 10:22 pm

Re: .

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:18 am

.
Last edited by SchopenhauerFTW on Mon Dec 10, 2012 6:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
WhiteCochran
Posts: 22
Joined: Mon Sep 06, 2010 2:19 pm

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby WhiteCochran » Sun Jan 02, 2011 3:23 pm

Any chance of this guy being some kind of third-party narc investigator hired by LSAC?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/education/28cheat.html
For the Law School Admission Council, which administers the LSAT four times a year to a total of more than 140,000 people, Caveon patrols the Internet looking for leaked questions on sites it calls “brain dumps,” where students who have just taken an exam discuss it openly.

“There’s all kinds of stuff on the blogs after the test trying to guess which stuff will show up in the future; there’s a whole cottage industry,” said Wendy Margolis, a spokeswoman for the council.

User avatar
Jeffort
Posts: 1896
Joined: Wed Jun 18, 2008 4:43 pm

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby Jeffort » Sun Jan 02, 2011 5:36 pm

If arabic06 is somebody working for Caveon as a part of what LSAC is paying them to do to insure test security, then LSAC is certainly wasting their $$ and should ask for a refund since if it is it would be a really pathetic undercover detective/investigator attempt.

WhiteCochran wrote:Any chance of this guy being some kind of third-party narc investigator hired by LSAC?

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/12/28/education/28cheat.html
For the Law School Admission Council, which administers the LSAT four times a year to a total of more than 140,000 people, Caveon patrols the Internet looking for leaked questions on sites it calls “brain dumps,” where students who have just taken an exam discuss it openly.

“There’s all kinds of stuff on the blogs after the test trying to guess which stuff will show up in the future; there’s a whole cottage industry,” said Wendy Margolis, a spokeswoman for the council.




Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: galeatus, Yahoo [Bot] and 10 guests