December 2010 LR

arabic06

December 2010 LR

Postby arabic06 » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:33 pm

Were there any numbers/statistics flaws within any weaken, strengthen, or flaw type questions?

kkklick

Re: December 2010 LR

Postby kkklick » Thu Dec 23, 2010 11:39 pm

Can't answer that.

arabic06

Postby arabic06 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:20 am

well, were there any percentage or proportion problems?

benito

Postby benito » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:22 am

my goddddd this guy is back......dude what the HELL is your deal

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:27 am

Definitely maybe

arabic06

Postby arabic06 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:42 am

definitely maybe - meaning you think there were some?

nygrrrl

Postby nygrrrl » Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:50 am

This is a warning. This is likely your only warning; you are unlikely to receive any further warnings.

Please be advised that discussion or solicitation (including, but not limited to, PMs and online chatrooms) of any questions or answers from the Dec. 2010 LSAT with anything more than an extremely broad level of specificity will result in a temporary or permanent ban. This may include a permanent ban on your IPs if necessary, which will block you from even viewing the TLS forums. Permanent IP address bans for LSAT discussion have been issued in the past.
-- Your Friendly Neighborhood Mod Team

bigkahuna2020

Postby bigkahuna2020 » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:58 am

arabic06 wrote:definitely maybe - meaning you think there were some?

Maybe definitely.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Mon Dec 27, 2010 4:07 pm

one of the oddest posters around, asks inane questions about statistics problems everywhere after recent tests.

TaylorY

Postby TaylorY » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:01 pm

oh man...
Last edited by TaylorY on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:59 am

Why has the OP been so persistent in asking this question for months now?

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:41 am

SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Why has the OP been so persistent in asking this question for months now?

The thought that someone actually spends their time asking this question every few weeks for this extended period of time is scary which leads me to hope he's just a flame.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:47 am

Sandro777 wrote:
SchopenhauerFTW wrote:Why has the OP been so persistent in asking this question for months now?

The thought that someone actually spends their time asking this question every few weeks for this extended period of time is scary which leads me to hope he's just a flame.

If he is a flame, he is the most determined flame I've ever seen. Props to him.

Sandro

Postby Sandro » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:50 am

KevinP wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:

But what is he flaming? Every time I see his posts I imagine some guy, locked in his basement by his parents to study for the LSAT, they end up forgetting him and 10 years later he is still studying for the LSAT in the basement trying to analyze each new lsat as it comes out.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:55 am

Sandro777 wrote:
KevinP wrote:
Sandro777 wrote:

But what is he flaming? Every time I see his posts I imagine some guy, locked in his basement by his parents to study for the LSAT, they end up forgetting him and 10 years later he is still studying for the LSAT in the basement trying to analyze each new lsat as it comes out.

Someone this determined... OP probably planned this for months and made sure the execution was perfect. Maybe he wants to do a subtle flame w/o anyone realizing he is a flame.

Or.... he's just really determined in prepping for the LSAT.

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:12 am

From viewtopic.php?f=6&t=135251&p=3570587#p3570587

arabic06 wrote:well, instead of continually questioning the motive, you could just acquiesce and be done with it. or we can continue to add posts on this forum, hackney the issue, and waste all of our time. my reason is that i am a tutor, and i like the LSAT. i keep up with it, including subtle changes. i am particularly curious about whether or not there are an increase in the use of percentages/numbers type questions on the LR sections. i was curious to know. if not, i will buy the test this week from cambridge lsat and find out for myself, but i was hoping someone would just let me know! :twisted:

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:45 am

Sandro777 wrote:

Mental illness is possibly a cause. I'm not kidding, semi sane flamers usually have some sort of an entertaining (at least for themself) rhyme or reason to it. LSAT prep/seeking LS admission and internet boards about it seem to attract a fair amount of crazies, especially ones that can be super smart one minute and totally off the richter scale psycho the next. I've met many over the years including a few classmates while I was in LS.

From my experience it seems that bipolar disorder is much more frequent per capita in the 'I want to be a lawyer' population than in the general population. When in a manic state before it escalates all the way to totally delusional psychotic level those people are super smart and can work miracles.

I've seen it live and in person many times.

During 1L 1st semester at USC LS the seating chart in contracts class had me sitting next to a girl with a Ph.D from Stanford that had also been some sort of professor there for graduate classes. During classes she randomly blurted out weird video game noises like 'bleep' 'bzzap', etc. It was loud when she did it and everyone including the professor kept looking at us to see what the deal was. I just sat there with my finger pointing at her whenever everyone looked back. She started bringing her dog (a lassie dog, not a small one) to classes and hiding it under the desk in the last several weeks of first semester. Darn dog tried to chew off and eat my shoes a few times during contracts lectures. She did not make it to finals or to 2nd semester.

A friend of mine that is now a Columbia LS grad recently told me about a classmate there that went nutzo, got committed and Dx'd with bipolar disorder and has been undergoing inpatient treatment ever since.

My ExGF has two BA's and a masters degree. I met her several years ago when she found me on LSD and wanted LSAT tutoring. During that first meeting for tutoring she blew me away with how smart she was. She learned really fast and quickly nailed every logic game I put in front of her like a pro. Later down the road she went psycho and turned out bipolar. I currently have a restraining order against her, got to see her get cuffed and arrested 7 times at my place, she basically lives in and out of psych wards now while being a fugitive on the run with 5 warrants out for her arrest.

Lame pointless flames sometimes are people that went totally mental, just saying...

(fixating on one fairly pointless or insignificant thing repeatedly for a long time is a hallmark psychotic trait)
Last edited by Jeffort on Wed Dec 29, 2010 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

well-hello-there

Postby well-hello-there » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:59 am

Well....since this has turned into the crazy thread:
I know a girl who went temporarily crazy after giving birth. She thought she was the virgin mary and that her newborn son was jesus. Turns out she wasn't sleeping after the birth. They put her in the psycho tank for like 5 days, gave her some meds and after about 3 weeks on the meds, she was fine. Perfectly normal since. But she hasn't had any kids since either.

Another girl I know got hella whacked out on ritalin and lortabs. Didn't sleep for a week or so and had to be committed for another week to recover. This was a recurring problem but as far as I know she has been sober for over a year now.

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:15 am

Jeffort wrote:I met her several years ago when she found me on LSD, she blew me. She learned really fast and quickly nailed me like a pro.

Sorry Jeffort couldn't help myself.

I'm not sure if OP has a mental disorder, but it is very weird that he asks the same question. I remember after October he made a new thread asking the same question as well as posting the question in every other thread.

KevinP

Postby KevinP » Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:30 am

kkklick wrote:
Jeffort wrote:I met her several years ago when she found me on LSD, she blew me. She learned really fast and quickly nailed me like a pro.

I'm not sure if OP has a mental disorder, but it is very weird that he asks the same question. I remember after October he made a new thread asking the same question as well as posting the question in every other thread.

At least he's consistent. I'm going to check the forums February for the sole purpose to see if he posts a thread about number/statistics flaws,

3|ink

Postby 3|ink » Wed Dec 29, 2010 11:27 am

OP answered our questions in October:

arabic06 wrote:well, instead of continually questioning the motive, you could just acquiesce and be done with it. or we can continue to add posts on this forum, hackney the issue, and waste all of our time. my reason is that i am a tutor, and i like the LSAT. i keep up with it, including subtle changes. i am particularly curious about whether or not there are an increase in the use of percentages/numbers type questions on the LR sections. i was curious to know. if not, i will buy the test this week from cambridge lsat and find out for myself, but i was hoping someone would just let me know! :twisted:

Jeffort

Postby Jeffort » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:16 pm

kkklick wrote:

ROFLMAO :lol:

kkklick

Postby kkklick » Wed Dec 29, 2010 12:21 pm

Jeffort wrote:
kkklick wrote:

ROFLMAO :lol:

lol I knew you'd like that one :P

arabic06

Postby arabic06 » Wed Dec 29, 2010 1:17 pm

Oh, how I have enjoyed reading these latest posts.
I don't live in my parent's basement - I am a graduate student in psychology actually living in the U.S.
I am obsessed with the LSAT, but only because I like it so much. Been tutoring for over 7 years now, so that should say a little of how much I am dedicated to it for merely genuine interest and passion.

Jeffort - I found it funny that an attorney out of law school has so much time to go on law boards - must not be getting enough clients, eh? Also, your comment about more bipolar per capita with people who show interest in law versus per capita in the general population - do you have any empirical evidence? In my experience, people like to spout off information with no real basis for doing so. I am sure an intellect as yourself will also realize that the number of law aspirants and the number in the general population also varies greatly, thus almost assuredly guaranteeing that law aspirants will have a higher proportion of bipolars, if indeed that is the case, though doubtful.

Also, I will not be posting about the February test, because it is not released so there is no real purpose. I only ask questions about tests I can get a hold of after they are released via cambridge lsat or some other entity.

Enjoyed the comments, truly. Nice to know that I can attract so much attention!

Au Revoir!

SchopenhauerFTW

Postby SchopenhauerFTW » Wed Dec 29, 2010 3:14 pm

It was fun while it lasted.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”