LSAT Journey begins. looking for advice

theaether

LSAT Journey begins. looking for advice

Postby theaether » Thu Dec 23, 2010 12:40 pm

Hey guys, first post here on TLS after reading everything I could get my hands on the past few days.

Took a cold, timed June 2007 diagnostic (166) 2 days ago.
Then did some reading of Powerscore LRB and took pt7 untimed (176).

I got the LRB, LGB, and the 3 bundles of 10 PTs from LSAC. I'm ordering a) all the PTs up to 61 (the most recent one I think?), b) Official PT with explanations, c) powerscore 2004 deconstructed, and d) LSAT superprep PTs.

I'm shooting for the June 2011 administration of the test, for Fall 2011 applications. My UG GPA is around 3.2 probably, haven't gotten it adjusted by LSAC yet. Are there any study materials I'm missing out on? I'd like to place the order for books all at once. Any tips in general at all would be awesome too.

One other question. I've graduated UG for almost 2 years now, and I'm wondering when I should start reconnecting with old professors for LORs.

krad

Re: LSAT Journey begins. looking for advice

Postby krad » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:00 pm

theaether wrote:Hey guys, first post here on TLS after reading everything I could get my hands on the past few days.

Took a cold, timed June 2007 diagnostic (166) 2 days ago.
Then did some reading of Powerscore LRB and took pt7 untimed (176).

I got the LRB, LGB, and the 3 bundles of 10 PTs from LSAC. I'm ordering a) all the PTs up to 61 (the most recent one I think?), b) Official PT with explanations, c) powerscore 2004 deconstructed, and d) LSAT superprep PTs.

I'm shooting for the June 2011 administration of the test, for Fall 2011 applications. My UG GPA is around 3.2 probably, haven't gotten it adjusted by LSAC yet. Are there any study materials I'm missing out on? I'd like to place the order for books all at once. Any tips in general at all would be awesome too.

One other question. I've graduated UG for almost 2 years now, and I'm wondering when I should start reconnecting with old professors for LORs.

You are likely going to be sitting pretty with that cold diag of a 166 and initial PT of 176... I think you've covered most of the materials, too. I just used the bibles (not RC) and http://lsatblog.blogspot.com/ while working FT. Good luck!

Nonok

Re: LSAT Journey begins. looking for advice

Postby Nonok » Thu Dec 23, 2010 1:04 pm

The materials you have are fine. I wouldn't start studying until March. Until then, read a lot. Read anything. The Economist is good.

I would work on getting your LORs in order now. It can take a lot longer than you expect and starting early is a good idea. If you want, start drafting up your personal statement.

You're in much better shape than most people. Your diagnostic is high and you should be able to break 175 if you're dedicated.

Return to “LSAT Prep and Discussion Forum”